[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet Xbox One (formerly 720)

+6
Vlagra DUH
beefsupreme42
joekorn
B08MATH
Lowflyinmx3
BiggLou55
10 posters

Go down

Meet Xbox One (formerly 720) Empty Meet Xbox One (formerly 720)

Post by BiggLou55 Tue May 21, 2013 7:17 pm

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xboxone/meet-xbox-one

Xbox One

Forza Motorsport 5 Trailer!!!! WOW!!!

The Full Reveal!
https://youtu.be/lAO4VQQ7Mwk?t=27m

Last edited by BiggLou55 on Thu May 23, 2013 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Meet Xbox One (formerly 720) Empty Re: Meet Xbox One (formerly 720)

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Tue May 21, 2013 7:43 pm

what are your thoughts on this Lou? I'm kind of strattling the fence on this one.
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by B08MATH Tue May 21, 2013 9:22 pm

I'm waiting till E3 to make my decision.
B08MATH
B08MATH
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joekorn Tue May 21, 2013 10:19 pm

Just read something very disturbing. According to MS's Corporate VP, the 'fee' to purchase a new activation code for a used game is.... the full price of the game. Not to worry though, you can 'trade in' your full-priced game online (back to MS, removing it from your system) for..... whatever the hell they feel like giving you. Man I hope this is inaccurate, or they change their minds.

If this is true, I can see it going two ways. Either they try to be greedy a-holes, keep their current pricing structure, and end up killing themselves ;or, they adopt more of a Steam-like system with killer sales on occasion, alleviating the fear that you'll always be dropping $60 for anything you want to play.

I can't really say this is a dealbreaker for me, it's still way too early, but absolutely cements the fact that I won't be picking One up at release (see what I did there). MS is really setting themselves up for a negative reception of the new system, but I'm interested in seeing how it all plays out.
joekorn
joekorn
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by joekorn Tue May 21, 2013 10:22 pm

On a related note, shall we be celebrating the release of Forza 5 with... some awesome, yet-to-be-determined Forza 4 racing?
joekorn
joekorn
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Tue May 21, 2013 10:22 pm

HOLY S**T FORZA 5 LOOKS AMAZING!!! so much more real-lookingl! (if that was even possible) Very Happy
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by joekorn Tue May 21, 2013 10:32 pm

beefsupreme42 wrote:HOLY S**T FORZA 5 LOOKS AMAZING!!! so much more real-lookingl! (if that was even possible) Very Happy

Agreed, that was an impressive clip, but have to reserve judgement until an actual gameplay trailer is made. The intro/showcase videos always look awesome.
joekorn
joekorn
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Tue May 21, 2013 11:07 pm

joekorn wrote:On a related note, shall we be celebrating the release of Forza 5 with... some awesome, yet-to-be-determined Forza 4 racing?
it is a must.
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Tue May 21, 2013 11:33 pm

Lowflyinmx3 wrote:
joekorn wrote:On a related note, shall we be celebrating the release of Forza 5 with... some awesome, yet-to-be-determined Forza 4 racing?
it is a must.
can anybody do tomorrow night? I know that I will be on till about 11:30 eastern time
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Wed May 22, 2013 12:05 pm

Hopefully they upped the friend limit. I know for me and the other leaders, it was hard to trytofriend all club members and try to keep our rl friends on our list too.
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by joekorn Wed May 22, 2013 2:58 pm

Lowflyinmx3 wrote: Hopefully they upped the friend limit. I know for me and the other leaders, it was hard to trytofriend all club members and try to keep our rl friends on our list too.

It is supposedly increased to 1000 friends.

Does anyone else feel the One is just not well thought out at all? They're making such a big deal about it being an all-in-one entertainment device. Problem is, I already have devices that do all those things, so why drop $500 on what I already have? But you can watch TV through it! Um, yeah, I haven't had cable in 2 years, and MANY people are moving away from it. There are just too many better (and cheaper) options. But you can Skype while you watch TV! Yep, I have about 3 ways I can do that already, although I don't really see the point. But you can move seamlessly from games to TV to Skype... yeah, it's called a laptop. Or one of the two tablets I own. Or hitting the 'source' button on my remote. It's like MS has just been chanting 'all-in-one, all-in-one' for the past few years without opening their eyes and thinking about whether people will even care.

Add all that to the used games clusterf*$k they're presenting, and I'm getting more and more convinced I have no reason to purchase One. They better blow everyone out of the water with the gaming aspect, or I think we'll be seeing a rise to dominance once again by Sony. I love me some Forza, no doubt, but not a chance I'll be spending $570ish just to play Forza 5.
joekorn
joekorn
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlagra DUH Wed May 22, 2013 5:11 pm

Ya theres no way im spending $500 to buy this system. Thats 3/5s my mortgage payment just saying.
Vlagra DUH
Vlagra DUH
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sniper 213 Wed May 22, 2013 10:12 pm

PGR 3 was a release title for the 360 and that game was great. And I wouldn't doubt Forza. I feel like Horizon was a let down but Forza Motorsport certainly wasn't.
Red Sniper 213
Red Sniper 213
Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by joekorn Wed May 22, 2013 10:34 pm

Don't mean to keep bashing, but it would be impossible not to share this:

Meet Xbox One (formerly 720) IBzvb2JSpQNRM
joekorn
joekorn
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Thu May 23, 2013 5:52 am

It breaks my heart, but that was absolutely brilliant. Especially if you hear Kevin Spacey the way he spoke in Seven.
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Thu May 23, 2013 12:36 pm

I was going to build a desktop later this year, but I will probably get the Xbox One instead... Looks great, and I'm used to games being tied to my system.. PC gaming has been that way for a long time (and still is)... There isn't a used game market on PC, but I can tell you that prices will drop on older games that are not selling, and I am excited about being able to digitally purchase most of my games. I hate having to keep track of game media... Wink

There are a lot of people that hack their Xbox and get all the games they want for free... I do not agree with that practice, and I am glad they are locking it down.
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by swviper Thu May 23, 2013 2:24 pm

I'm with Lou on this one. Used games...is a grey market issue...we'll see how they handle it. Personally, I own 1 'used' game...I buy the games I want, or wait till they are on sale. I think the end result will be somewhere between what everyone wants, and a totally screwed DRM model.

There is ZERO used game market on PC...but Steam makes gaming easy and VERY affordable. If we were talking about EA here, I would say they will find a way to screw this up.....but MS has been in the industry a long time, I think they will find a 'decent' middle ground. Again...it won't be what everyone wants
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Thu May 23, 2013 3:21 pm

Yeah... Steam = AWESOME... ORigin = FUBAR... Hopefully Microsoft will learn from Steam and not go more Origin!!
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Thu May 23, 2013 4:33 pm

joekorn wrote:
Lowflyinmx3 wrote: Hopefully they upped the friend limit. I know for me and the other leaders, it was hard to trytofriend all club members and try to keep our rl friends on our list too.

It is supposedly increased to 1000 friends.

Does anyone else feel the One is just not well thought out at all? They're making such a big deal about it being an all-in-one entertainment device. Problem is, I already have devices that do all those things, so why drop $500 on what I already have? But you can watch TV through it! Um, yeah, I haven't had cable in 2 years, and MANY people are moving away from it. There are just too many better (and cheaper) options. But you can Skype while you watch TV! Yep, I have about 3 ways I can do that already, although I don't really see the point. But you can move seamlessly from games to TV to Skype... yeah, it's called a laptop. Or one of the two tablets I own. Or hitting the 'source' button on my remote. It's like MS has just been chanting 'all-in-one, all-in-one' for the past few years without opening their eyes and thinking about whether people will even care.

Add all that to the used games clusterf*$k they're presenting, and I'm getting more and more convinced I have no reason to purchase One. They better blow everyone out of the water with the gaming aspect, or I think we'll be seeing a rise to dominance once again by Sony. I love me some Forza, no doubt, but not a chance I'll be spending $570ish just to play Forza 5.

Your thoughts summed up in one video that I can't stop watching

I need Forza 5, Halo 5, and Halo 6. These titles make me feel like I HAVE to buy an Xbox One despite how I feel about these announcements. I honestly fear they're making some mistakes here and will lose their thrown as THE console to own (it'll be a sad day when Sony wears the crown), but...man. I also want Beyond Two Souls and I don't expect we'll be buying both a PS4 and an Xbox One this year.

I am also in the club of worry-warts you'll find in this thread. Our Fanatec gear was way too costly to be unusable in Forza 5. This alone could be a devastating deal breaker for me. I might go with a new rig and play PC sims instead. I don't want to do that, but I can't do both and I absolutely love using a wheel.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by joekorn Thu May 23, 2013 5:00 pm

Just to clarify, my One-bashing was a direct result of their godawful reveal and even worse follow-up by MS employees in interviews. When asked about how the used game/trade-in thing was going to work, their PR guy actually said "That idea isn't fully baked yet...". Seriously? Shouldn't they have worked that out by now?

I am leaving myself open to buying it, but I will need to be greatly impressed by the quality of games they roll out. I'm not asking for the moon, if you look at the 360's launch titles (Madden 06 anyone?) versus what they have out now, it's obvious it will take some time for devs to fully utilize the system. But that's another reason I certainly won't be buying it right away, even if they do blow me away.

As for used games, I see no reason to think it's OK to phase them out just because that is how it is with PCs. I also disagree that this will somehow reduce hacking, it will actually greatly motivate hackers to step up due to the increased value of a hacked system (fooling a network check is not impossible). If the PS4 places no restrictions on used games, well, I'll easily be paying for the system in what I save on games. If they follow suit it becomes a moot point. It also becomes moot if MS can 'bake' a reasonable market themselves, or proves they will follow in Steam's footsteps of reasonable pricing. Either way, I think MS has given me no reason to trust them, and I'll need to see how it all plays out before making a decision. Like I said, I can't justify spending that much money solely on Forza 5 and a lot of unknowns.

I also can understand anyone who is fine with purchasing it day one. It would be utter suicide for MS not to listen to the feedback they've gotten the past couple days and revamp their plans. I imagine they'll be making another announcement before too much damage has been done, outlining a plan that makes sense and putting people at ease. There is no doubt as well that over time we'll be seeing some amazing games from them, especially once the whole cloud computing thing comes into play. I'm probably just being too cynical, and reserve the right to completely change my mind in the future Very Happy
joekorn
joekorn
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Thu May 23, 2013 6:12 pm

Alright, I am entirely unsure of what I am going to be doing for this. The first issue is obviously the used game thing. Granted, I only have one used game for my 360 right now, but here is what I am thinking: For that game (It was actually Forza 3, the game that really hooked me on Forza), I went to gamestop and bought it used for about $30 or #35 a little while after it came out, that was all. What I am assuming will happen with Xbox One will be the $30 to $35 paid at gamestop along with another $70 just to activate it on my gaming system. That is freaking retarded! Why would anybody buy a used game for $100?? I bet gamestop is wondering the same thing right now and is hoping that Sony doesn't follow suit with the new PS4.

Second: The reason I am buying a gaming console is to play video games - I don't need another thing that I can watch TV, movies, or youtube clips on - that is why I have cable and a computer. Throw all of that useless crap out and just give me something that lets you play games for $250 and I will be happy. Just because something does more than something else doesn't automatically make it better, especially when I already have all of the other things that are capable of doing the same exact crap that you are offering to me. This is the way I see it: They are offering me a couch and about 15 cushions when I only need 3, but then they don't let me buy the couch without taking the 12 extra cushions - those 12 extra cushions are of absolutely no use to me, but for some reason, they think that I need them.

Third: Why should I buy an Xbox One when I can have a perfectly good PS4 that will give me exactly what I want (except Forza) for a better value? If the used game thing is true and Sony doesn't follow suit with the PS4, I will be spending so much less money on games. Another thing - I grew up with a Playstation and I am quite pleased with the games, the graphics, and the online gameplay. Microsoft is trying to get me to pay $600+ for a console, ONE game, and a year's worth of access to online gameplay. With Playstation, online gameplay is FREE, a four-letter word that Microsoft has obviously never heard before. I would be absolutely fine with going back to playing inFAMOUS and Twisted Metal.

Finally, if I am mainly going to be playing Forza on my new Xbox One, I am going to want to use my wheel, and it is going to be a MAJOR problem if I just spent $400 on something that I won't be able to use on many games in the near future.

All I am saying is Microsoft better fix all of this fast - soon, people are going to realize that Microsoft is raping them for all their cash and it hurts - it will be hard for them to recover from that once people realize that they are being utterly screwed on their new gaming console.

It seems like Forza 5 is the only thing currently keeping me interested in getting this. All I am saying is I better not be disappointed...
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sniper 213 Fri May 24, 2013 12:05 am

The only reason I want a ONE is for Forza 5. Maybe COD Ghosts and BF4 but mainly FM5. But $500 is ridiculous. And Beef, the PS4 is supposedly $799. But if the PS4 turns out to be better, I might switch over to GT6.
Red Sniper 213
Red Sniper 213
Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Fri May 24, 2013 3:55 pm

I just realized something that will make me want xbox one a bit more - college in 2 years means I will probably need most of what xbox one is offering...
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum