Ok so maybe I'll get a xbone now.

Go down

Ok so maybe I'll get a xbone now.

Post by Lowflyinmx3 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

if this is true,  then I'm probably going to stay with  Xbox. I  was very close to pulling the trigger on  pre ordering  the  ps4.  Glad they actually listened for  once.

Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Re: Ok so maybe I'll get a xbone now.

Post by wolfman115 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:19 pm

Yea I might consider getting it now that it looks like the 24 hour check thing might be gone. Although if I do it will be way after launch since I only have roughly 11 spendable dollars in my wallet as of now.
wolfman115
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket on Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:33 pm

Yeah, it's true.  They retracted all that stuff.

Although I am ALL FOR power to the consumer, and I am very happy to see the consumer "win" in this situation, I'm also kind of bummed.  I hope it doesn't lead to even more frantic crunch for the day one developers to compensate for the change and I hope we don't lose any previously planned features that depend on "always on" connectivity.

I'm sure the former is already happening and doubt the latter is really an issue, but I can't say for sure.

My music is digital, my movies are going digital, I am ready for my console games to follow the same path.  We'll be there eventually, it'll just be later than I thought.

marmuttlebow wrote:Although I was banging everybody
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by swviper on Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:09 pm

Not to piss in anyones Corn Flakes here, but if you think "they listened" ....I'm not sure that's the case...
To me this whole thing feels incredibly scripted from the start.  ANY DRM scheme they came out with was going to be met with strong resistance.  So they made it 100x worse, in the hopes that if they dialed it back a bit, suddenly it would see WAY better.  There are still some pretty 'grey' areas around it  imo...the forced always on Kinect.  The highly touted TV functionality of it will almost certainly NOT work outside of the US...so shouldn't non-US customers get a discount on it since 60% of it's functionality WON'T work? ...they need to come further along before any pre-order decision is made for me.
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket on Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:19 pm

To each his own. Smile

I certainly don't blame anyone for being hesitant or suspicious.  Even after the "take back" it's still not looking like the device we were hoping for.  Time will tell.  I'm going day one because of Forza and I know I'll want it to continue the Halo story.  I don't like the price and I really don't like the possibility of losing my wheel, but I'm still making the choice to move forward.

PS4 would have me if Beyond Two Souls was a PS4 exclusive, but it's not.  Other than new hardware, which admittedly is always exciting, there's just no content incentive for me there yet.  I agree that it looks like the better system and certainly the better deal, but there's no Forza.  There's no Master Chief.

nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:05 pm

nubrocket wrote:Yeah, it's true.  They retracted all that stuff.

Although I am ALL FOR power to the consumer, and I am very happy to see the consumer "win" in this situation, I'm also kind of bummed.  I hope it doesn't lead to even more frantic crunch for the day one developers to compensate for the change and I hope we don't lose any previously planned features that depend on "always on" connectivity.

I'm sure the former is already happening and doubt the latter is really an issue, but I can't say for sure.

My music is digital, my movies are going digital, I am ready for my console games to follow the same path.  We'll be there eventually, it'll just be later than I thought.
I  understand what you mean but in all honesty couldn't they give you an option? I mean couldn't they just put a little check box  that would enable or disable  the digital benefits for games and such. I  mean,  sure my Xbox is almost always connected to the internet  but when I went on vacation my wireless router failed. I would have had to probably jump thru a bunch of hoops  to get back online and it  wasn't my fault.  The used games was just stupid no matter what way you look at it. I have a bunch of used games because I played Forza every night for over a year. a lot of games were released during that time.

I guess what it really comes down to is mentality. I feel you shouldn't be able to tell me what I can and can't do with my own property.  Like my buddy said, " Half of Americans didn't want or  need an ar 15  until they were told they couldn't have one."  Guess I'm just holding up progress.

Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:42 pm

Lowflyinmx3 wrote:
nubrocket wrote:Yeah, it's true.  They retracted all that stuff.

I guess what it really comes down to is mentality. I feel you shouldn't be able to tell me what I can and can't do with my own property.  Like my buddy said, " Half of Americans didn't want or  need an ar 15  until they were told they couldn't have one."  Guess I'm just holding up progress.

No, there is truth to that.  There is a significant difference between owning the "game you bought" and owning "a license for the game you bought".  Xbone was pushing the latter.  If you're not comfortable with that, you're not wrong.  As it turns out, most people aren't.  Change isn't always progress.

nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum