[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club Garage

+9
beefsupreme42
Lowflyinmx3
Red Sniper 213
DougieManCan
CASH XRS
marmuttlebow
xraydash
BiggLou55
ThrowMeAHotdog
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Club Garage Empty Club Garage

Post by ThrowMeAHotdog Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:49 pm

marmuttlebow:
As Lowfly had posted earlier (I'm sure it was him), this is for those of you that have shared your cars. Firstly, thank you very much for sharing. It is much appreciated. That being said, could you please remove cars that are not tuned and/or painted. As of last night, our club garage is full. While it was very benevolent of you to share, we do have some repeats and some that just have nothing to them at all (as far as I can tell).

The reason I asked was last night, I was going to share a car or two for this month's series. Somewhat tuned (as best as I can, where it handles the way I like it for the most part). But this would allow those members a chance to just jump in. Now, by no means am I master tuner. But this would get some folks in the race quick fast in a hurry.

I'm not asking that you only share cars that pertain to the monthly series. Please don't read it that way. I'm just asking those that have shared multiple cars to reduce it to 2 (so everybody has a chance to share) and please restrict to painted and/or tuned cars (if you can't tune, post up here and somebody could tune it for you - I would volunteer, but I'm not that great at it).

Now that we have our own forum I thought this should be brought up again because everything gets buried over at the Forza forum.

There are quite a few duplicates in there, including two Zonda R's that you get as a prize playing through the game anyway, and a Toyota 1 something (the red prototype one) that has been upgraded one PI point to class X. I just seems to make more sense if the garage is full of the best cars we can offer as a club rather than cars that are 50 points off the top PI for it's class (obviously unicorn cars being the exception if anyone has any, so that the club gets the chance to drive them.)

I'm going to sticky this thread. I think it's important we have a place to discuss the club garage considering that it's a big part of the club.

Last edited by BiggLou55 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:54 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed to a Global Announcement... (bigglou55))

ThrowMeAHotdog
Forum Admin

https://u2sc.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Club Garage Empty Re: Club Garage

Post by BiggLou55 Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:40 pm

I've added 2 cars to the garage for this month's series... And a 1981 BMW M1 and and 1971 De Tomaso Pantera. Both cars are tuned, and should be ready to go. Please provide any feedback on the tunes and I can make adjustments as needed...
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:46 pm

I only had a handful in there but I cleared them out because they were nothing special. Can club leaders unshare cars?
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:15 pm

With respect to other people's shared cars, I know that I had no control over it. Lowfly might, I'm not sure though.

As for the c a r I shared, I will gladly take it down as that thing isn't that great.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:18 pm

A note on the two cars I shared for March's racing series... Once this month's events are closed out, I will remove them from the Club garage. I will try to share at least one or two cars for each month's series. While I'm not the best tuner (not by a long shot), they are competitive. If you have a request for a car or tune, please let me know and I will see what I can do.
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:00 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:A note on the two cars I shared for March's racing series... Once this month's events are closed out, I will remove them from the Club garage. I will try to share at least one or two cars for each month's series. While I'm not the best tuner (not by a long shot), they are competitive. If you have a request for a car or tune, please let me know and I will see what I can do.
If you spent the time and they're competitive, you should leave them in. I'm sure once some of the clutter is cleared out there will be enough room for them to stay.

I love going into the club garage and taking people's tuned cars for a spin. A couple of faves so far: Senseless Atom's 458 Italia and moturwerk's Datsun 510.
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by CASH XRS Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:23 pm

Hopefully I will tune well enough that I can provide some cars to the wealth of fun that is U2SC.
CASH XRS
CASH XRS
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by ThrowMeAHotdog Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:08 am

Garage is full again, only noticed after id spent a couple of hours on a car Sad

There still seems to be quite a few stock models in there, but the people that share them arent on here yet...

ThrowMeAHotdog
Forum Admin

https://u2sc.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:50 am

I noticed that last night too.... I built an E class Alfa Spider for the club (since we have no E class cars up there), and I refreshed the March series Pantera with a much better tune. I had to pull down the March Series BMW M1 (which no one used anyway since it's not very good) to get the Alfa up there (it's a very stable and fun little car... try using the driver view). Those are the only two cars we have... We seem to have a whole lot of crap up there.... Can Low, Joe, Marm and Converge clean it out?
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DougieManCan Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:02 am

I take it 200 is the maximum for cars in the club garage, if so its 2 per member, prefairably 1, unless you have a specific need I.e. car with a advanced tune and paint job. Dont forget we have members who paint and tune multiple cars for the series' so these should get priority.

DougieManCan
Forum Member

http://www.moto-5.com

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:09 am

BiggLou55 wrote:.... Can Low, Joe, Marm and Converge clean it out?

No sirree. Can't do a thing. Aside from kicking a member out, we got no rule in the garage. Converge tried looking for something. Me too. No button/ tag that says "get that outta here". Or to that effect.

I will send out some messages tonight (somebody remind me) to the culprits who share a boatload of cars. Or if you want to be a vigilante, go on ahead. Just let me know so I don't hound them as well.

Of course, I'd be singling people out because I don't have the entire club on my friend list.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:21 am

Do you have an option to send out a Club announcement or message from the Club Dashboard? I seem to remember seeing that in the control panel when I ran my one-man club. Never needed it since I was the only memember though.... Wink
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:42 am

No such option that I could find. Would've used it if I could.

I only have one car shared and that was just for the monthly competition.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:49 am

Well... I have the two up there...

DeTomaso Pantera - Rental for this month's Series
Alfa Romeo Spider - E Class "Club" car (we did not have any E Class cars up there)

I can take the Alfa down, but that kinda defeats the purpose of the garage doesn't it?
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:57 am

Huh?

I wasn't asking you to take your 2nd car down. No no. Keep your car up. It doesn't bother me. I'd give my 2nd slot up for somebody. Not being selfish, but all the cars I have I'm sure everybody else does too. I'm neither a painter or a tuner. So me sharing garbage is pointless. But that's me. If you want to share your car, that's all fine and dandy. *here comes the miscommunication where I come off sounding like I've got an ego, wasn't the point*

I'd like to tune a car stupidly. Just for giggles. Put that up and wait to see who complains of my awful car. Smile

marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:16 am

LOL.... lol!

OK...

First: I didn't think you wanted me to take the Alfa down, I was just making sure I wasn't missing the point of the garage (don't be so self conscious). It's like Hertz... You need a car, check the rental fleet.... If you want to share a car with the club, check to see how many of that class and type are already up there. If it's not a tuned, painted, lobby or series "rental", it should probably not go up... I actually get a chuckle when people join, and I see the flood of shared car messages in the Club box.... Maybe we need to have a garage attendant.... Someone who shares cars to simply reserve slots... If you want a garage slot, you have to coordinate with the attendant...

Second: If you provide the "tune", I will make it look Perdy!!! Very Happy
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:23 am

I know I messaged one new member who shared like 6 or 7 cars. He aquiesced (word of the day) to my request. No worries.

just gotta get on the others to unshare.

As you saw with the Renault, that was the extent of my painting skills. Just slap decals on it and I call it a day. Minimal effort. Actually, I pride myself if I can make it oogly. Takes some effort/ thinking (does this color clash? - most times the answer is "I dunno, looks fine to me"). But certainly a lot less effort than making it nice like Keemo's Bentley.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by CASH XRS Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:28 pm

marmuttlebow wrote:I know I messaged one new member who shared like 6 or 7 cars. He aquiesced (word of the day) to my request. No worries.

just gotta get on the others to unshare.

As you saw with the Renault, that was the extent of my painting skills. Just slap decals on it and I call it a day. Minimal effort. Actually, I pride myself if I can make it oogly. Takes some effort/ thinking (does this color clash? - most times the answer is "I dunno, looks fine to me"). But certainly a lot less effort than making it nice like Keemo's Bentley.

Haha, you are now deemed the "oogly painter" lol. You need to make sure your cars have clashing colors and other odds and ends from now on!! lol.

As I said in the other forum, gonna take my two supras down. Once I become OK at tuning (if ever) I will share a car or two. But for now I'll leave it up to you guys!
CASH XRS
CASH XRS
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Club Garage Empty New Car for March Series

Post by Red Sniper 213 Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:36 pm

I have put the DeLorean in the garage for the U2SC Mrach series
Red Sniper 213
Red Sniper 213
Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:08 am

Ok, so I kind of left this issue alone to let the club work it out but last night i discovered I can remove club cars. I will give everyone a week to decide on their 2 cars that they want to keep in the garage. My 2 spots will be reserved for the series rentals and possibly 2 more spots that I'll take from my RL friend who's in the club. I know we all take pride in our cars and feel strongly about our abilities to tune/paint but we have to have a set standard. There are plenty of painters that will help tuners and the tuners will help the painters just as much.
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Fri May 11, 2012 3:18 pm

I have been noticing a lot of cars being shared with PIs that aren't even close to the class limit. I can see why it would be shared if it is a tune for rivals or a drift event, but other than that I just think its kind of pointless to share those cars in the club garage...
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by CASH XRS Fri May 11, 2012 3:23 pm

beefsupreme42 wrote:I have been noticing a lot of cars being shared with PIs that aren't even close to the class limit. I can see why it would be shared if it is a tune for rivals or a drift event, but other than that I just think its kind of pointless to share those cars in the club garage...

I agree Beef, there's no point in having a car with a lobby tune that isn't maxed to the class potential.
CASH XRS
CASH XRS
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Fri May 11, 2012 3:24 pm

beefsupreme42 wrote:I have been noticing a lot of cars being shared with PIs that aren't even close to the class limit. I can see why it would be shared if it is a tune for rivals or a drift event, but other than that I just think its kind of pointless to share those cars in the club garage...

I've noticed the same thing.... I only share cars that are relevant to an ongoing club series or tunes that I really want to share... I really wish Turn10 would add a description field for the cars added to the garage similar to what you have to enter when adding to your SF or Auction House... This will make Low's job easier in unsharing cars as well as the rest of us picking cars to drive. It sucks to grab a car from the Club Garage for a Circuit Lobby only to find it was drag or drift tuned!!!! For that reason, I will not drive cars from the garage unless I've either previously tested them or know what they are tuned for...

I'm going to start a thread for my Shared cars and what they are shared for.....!!!! Very Happy
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CASH XRS Fri May 11, 2012 3:27 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:

I'm going to start a thread for my Shared cars and what they are shared for.....!!!! Very Happy

Lou that's a good idea, but maybe just have the thread for the whole garage? So anyone who shares a car can maybe throw their notes in there? And in the OP have a list of the cars either separated by class (preferred probably) or by type of tune (Circuit, drag or drift)? Have a moderator specifically for that thread maybe who can make all the changes and updates?
CASH XRS
CASH XRS
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Fri May 11, 2012 3:28 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:I'm going to start a thread for my Shared cars and what they are shared for.....!!!! Very Happy
Good idea. I will post the cars that I shared (I have kind of gone over the limit of 2 cars Wink ). All of mine are maxed out for a specific class. I will probably remove a few because I haven't tried to tune the ones that I don't use for the series races.
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next