[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race Class Series?

5 posters

Go down

What series would most interest you?

Race Class Series? I_vote_lcap17%Race Class Series? I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 3 ]
Race Class Series? I_vote_lcap6%Race Class Series? I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Race Class Series? I_vote_lcap22%Race Class Series? I_vote_rcap 22% 
[ 4 ]
Race Class Series? I_vote_lcap11%Race Class Series? I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
Race Class Series? I_vote_lcap11%Race Class Series? I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
Race Class Series? I_vote_lcap33%Race Class Series? I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 6 ]
Race Class Series? I_vote_lcap0%Race Class Series? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 18

Race Class Series? Empty Race Class Series?

Post by XxCONVERGExX Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:45 pm

I've thrown this out there a few times and I'm curious exactly how much interest I might have for a race class series. The idea would be for each series we would choose a class (GT2, GT2, DTM, V8 supercar, etc) and race those cars. I think it might be nice to enforce no upgrades and no tuning so that everyone isn't scrambling to make 2 tunes a week. Tracks would be dependent on the series of interest, with more laps. I would like to do damage/tire wear as well to bring some strategy into the fold. If there is interest we can do a trial run... so if you would want to run this series vote in the poll!
XxCONVERGExX
XxCONVERGExX
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Race Class Series? Empty Re: Race Class Series?

Post by marmuttlebow Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:15 pm

There wasn't an option, but the only one I'd be leary of is LMP 1 or 2. I just can't drive those cars worth a lick. Just too fast for me I guess (that's not to say I can drive the Aussie V8's either, but once those start moving, it's not AS hard).
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by XxCONVERGExX Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:27 pm

Sorry... prototype(1,2) is LMP 1/2. Thats most of the R1 Le Mans Prototype cars. And true those are tough some of the newer ones released w/ car packs (R15 audi and Aston AMR 1) are a bit easier IMO. I'm thinking either way we would start out with something in R3.
XxCONVERGExX
XxCONVERGExX
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:34 pm

My mistake on not being clear. I understand that Proto 1/2 = LMP 1/2.

My issue is I can't drive those cars "well". I imagine I'd be one of those "griefers" as I cannot handle those cars. Won't stop me from participating though. I cast my vote under "any".
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:23 am

Id be up for any of these classes. I particularly enjoy the V8's and the DTM cars. Especially trying to drive these cars without traction control is a fun challenge...most of the time. Smile
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by swviper Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:43 am

I'm in for 'any' as well. To keep things simple in terms of scheduling, why not just add a quick 5-10 lap event after the normal club event for this month, to see how it goes?
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by XxCONVERGExX Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:24 pm

swviper wrote:I'm in for 'any' as well. To keep things simple in terms of scheduling, why not just add a quick 5-10 lap event after the normal club event for this month, to see how it goes?

I would be okay with that. Sounds like it will be between DTM and V8's. We can decide between them when we get there.
XxCONVERGExX
XxCONVERGExX
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:37 pm

XxCONVERGExX wrote:
swviper wrote:I'm in for 'any' as well. To keep things simple in terms of scheduling, why not just add a quick 5-10 lap event after the normal club event for this month, to see how it goes?

I would be okay with that. Sounds like it will be between DTM and V8's. We can decide between them when we get there.

As long as I can use Traction Control, I'm in... Like Marm, I pretty much suck in most of the higher PI (R2-R1) cars. I conform to the saying "It's more fun to drive a slower car fast, than a faster car slow!" or in my case, "It's more fun to drive a slower car fast and well, than a faster car really fast and into various obstacles and other cars!"....
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:49 pm

Just to be a nag, I will be dropping out of this then. The races themselves are already pushing me past sleepy time.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by swviper Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:16 pm

marmuttlebow wrote:

Just to be a nag, I will be dropping out of this then. The races themselves are already pushing me past sleepy time.

Can do before, or another day, I'm easy Very Happy Just thought since we were there, it would be idea to see how things go.
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:20 pm

I'd love to jump in. It seems that this club runs at a different time than I do. Staying up late isn't an option for me. I'd love to. Until I hit the lotto, I'll just continue to nag (unless I get booted).

But if before if feasible, I'm game. On another night, I'm game. But after the club races, I'm out.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by XxCONVERGExX Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:17 pm

Yeah running a series after the club races wont be an option so we would probably do Tues or Thurs in the future.
XxCONVERGExX
XxCONVERGExX
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:38 pm

I agree with another night.... Tues/Thur works for me as well... I'm working on getting my butt in bed earlier as well (meeting with very little success thus far BTW...)
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down