[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drove a new Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Track today...

5 posters

Go down

Drove a new Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Track today... Empty Drove a new Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Track today...

Post by BiggLou55 Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:58 pm

One of the guys here at the office just bought the brand new Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track... Amazingly he asked if I wanted to take it for a spin... So... Not wanting to be rude, I said "Hell Yeah".... Holy cow that thing is FAST!!!! Second gear, opened it up and it just went!!! 10 year / 100k mile warranty? Where do I sign up? Very Happy

BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Drove a new Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Track today... Empty Re: Drove a new Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Track today...

Post by marmuttlebow Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:14 pm

I've read that it "feels slow". But that's as far as I got.

Sat in one. Nice interior. That's about as far as I coudl get in the showroom.

Of course, I don't mean to sound like a debbie downer. Looks nice. Never driven it. I gotta move on up to a sedan.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Drove a new Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Track today... Empty Re: Drove a new Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Track today...

Post by swviper Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:20 pm

The Genesis, and the Veloster, are both great looking cars (imo). I had one of the original 'Hyundai Pony' when they first came to NA, and it was a zippy little beast.

I would love to take the Veloster Turbo for a spin, something tells me it would be an affordable blast.
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:28 pm

Y'know, I'm not feeling the Veloster. Profile and rear, looks nice. The front fascia's got too many lines on it. Just don't look right to me.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by swviper Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:45 pm

marmuttlebow wrote:Y'know, I'm not feeling the Veloster. Profile and rear, looks nice. The front fascia's got too many lines on it. Just don't look right to me.

I wasn't big on the front end either at first, it has grown on me tho. Maybe my mind is just making connections to the One-77 design cues. I was surprised when a very similar style appeared on the Genesis this year, I like it less on that car...but who knows maybe I will come around.

Here's a fun game, if you could slap on another front end on the Veloster, what would you put on it?
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by CASH XRS Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:04 pm

I think the Veloster is pretty cool just for that reason Marm. It seems to have so much up front that it is so different and stands out so easily. Saw one this morning on my way to work in white, looked really nice.
CASH XRS
CASH XRS
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:25 pm

Did you like the Aztek?

How 'bout the Juke?

I dunno. Those lines don't make any sense. Just ruins it for me.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:34 pm

Veloster = uncool

Genesis Coupe = Cool

There are too many FWD cars out there that try to be cool, with only a handful of current models that are successful in that quest (Civic R (JDM/EU) / SI (US), Mazdaspeed 3, VW GTI, Ford Focus ST (2013), Audi A3, and the Volvo C30 R-Design)....

IMHO, a true sports car is RWD with the engine placed in front of or behind the driver cabin (Porsche has always stretched this with the ass-hanging 911 style), and designed/tuned as a road & track performance vehicle. A FWD car can be sport-like, but is not a true sports car. I have only every owned FWD, Manual "sporty" cars, but none of them could every be true sport cars. I know that I left AWD cars out of the discussion, but they can be sports cars, but not in the truest sense of the term.

The 2013 Genesis Coupe I drove yesterday surprised me with how much performance it did have. The interior was very nicely laid out, yet simple. The engine revved freely and took off once it hit the power band. My only complaint was the feel of the clutch and the shifter. The clutch is VERY light and grabs very low. The shifter is at a weird angle, and was awkward shifting from 1st to 2nd. Most reviews are saying the 3.8 Track paired with the 8-speed automatic is the better option over the 6-speed manual (Car & Driver + Road & tract). The Auto shifts smooth and crisp in sport mode and accelerates better than the 6-speed.
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:48 pm

The one thing that I just can't stand about the veloster is that it has 3 doors. It just looks unbalanced.
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down