[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanatec CSR and CSR Elite Help Thread

5 posters

Go down

Fanatec CSR and CSR Elite Help Thread Empty Fanatec CSR and CSR Elite Help Thread

Post by BiggLou55 Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:25 pm

Use this thread for help on the CSR and CSR Elite Wheels...

Here are links to the the 706 and 737 FW packages (these are on my Google Docs page)

CSR ONLY:
CSR_FW_rev706.ZIP (Use this if you need to roll back from rev737 on the CSR ONLY)
CSR_737.ZIP (Has the auto-clutch feature - CSR ONLY)

CSR Elite ONLY:
CSRE_737.ZIP (Has the auto-clutch feature - CSR Elite ONLY)
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Fanatec CSR and CSR Elite Help Thread Empty Re: Fanatec CSR and CSR Elite Help Thread

Post by Markve91 Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:22 pm

I assume you're still at work or something Lou...so just wondering if you'll be upgrading to the new firmware, and if you do, let me know if the wheel feels a little different, for me it does feel alittle lighter than before so I have my spring set to 1 seems to add a nice bit of weight
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Fanatec CSR and CSR Elite Help Thread Empty Re: Fanatec CSR and CSR Elite Help Thread

Post by BiggLou55 Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:10 pm

Markve91 wrote:I assume you're still at work or something Lou...so just wondering if you'll be upgrading to the new firmware, and if you do, let me know if the wheel feels a little different, for me it does feel alittle lighter than before so I have my spring set to 1 seems to add a nice bit of weight

Yeah... Still at work... Actually about to leave the office now...

Reading the forums, set springs to 1 or 2, and set FF to 100% and adjust in the game. As for the auto-clutch feature, I'm reading mixed reviews. Some like it, some don't like how you need to switch things on and off... I may or may not do mine tonight... All depends on what time the kids go down, and how I feel. I'm pretty much spent today (not much sleep last night)...
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:10 am

OK... Updated to 737 tonight and ran 18 laps on infineon with my Mugen... I am now in love with ACL.... I'm not sure how much faster that actually made me, but the wheel feels MUCH better too....

I must have had something set weird with 706.... Id did switch back to 100% FF in game and 50% on the wheel. feels much better that way...

Here are my 737 Settings (and they work GREAT! for me):
SEN = off
FF = 50
Sho = 100
Dri = 1
ABS = 70
Lin = 0
Dea = 0
Spr = 0
Dpr = 0
ACL = off when not racing and on when racing (ACL is auto clutch - works just like mashing A+X and A+B)

I actually set up two profiles on the wheel...

5_1 = ACL Off
5_2 = ACL On

It's much quicker to change profiles than it is to hunt for ACL... just remember to set everything the same on 5_2 as you have on 5_1. If you keep ACL on when not driving, the A button is hit when using the paddles to move laterally in menus....

Last edited by BiggLou55 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:49 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : changed raving to racing. I haven't raved in years, and I would not be using the Fanatec is I was.... :D)
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CASH XRS Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:41 pm

Soooo, when you update the CSR firmware, does that mean the annoying little fan noise goes away? Because it doesn't even sound like the fan is on??
CASH XRS
CASH XRS
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:44 pm

Yes... The fan is OFF by default instead of ON... I've kept mine off without any issues... It's been a month or so... Unless you keep your house at 80 degrees or higher, you'll be OK without it on...
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CASH XRS Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:45 pm

Sweeeet, in that case.....I FINALLY UPDATED!!!!!!
CASH XRS
CASH XRS
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:46 pm

Nice.... You gotta try ACL... It's the BOMB!! Very Happy
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:17 pm

for the record, I am still running the 737 firmware and the same settings listed above.... I only turn on ACL when I'm running manual w/clutch (which is rare these days)....
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:26 am

Helpful things I've learned recently while working on my Elite.

Contacting Fanatec Support

The Fanatec support page spells out a list of rules they would like you to follow when contacting support. I can personally vouch for these rules, as I followed them to a T and I heard back in under 24 hours and had a replacement part in the mail within 2 days. They are German, they like procedure, let them have it.

If you read between the lines of almost any angry customer forum post explaining their "nightmare experience" with Fanatec, you'll identify places where they didn't follow the rules. They'll say things like "and then they requested a video", implying they didn't send one to begin with. Or if they did, they put it on youtube. The rules are clear!

In order to help us to process your request quickly you will get a higher priority if you follow these rules:

Please...
...include a copy of your invoice (pdf) or order confirmation (e-mail) so that we have all order data
...write down the product name (s) and serial number (s) (can be found on the bottom of the product)
...do not send to multiple e-mail addresses . The request will only be processed if e-support@fanatec.com is the only recipient
...make sure you always include the full email history with every e-mail you send to support.
...make a video of your problem. Please send it directly by Email or u pload the video to www.mediafire.com . Please try to keep it small! If we can verify the issue t his will allow us to send you a replacement unit without waiting for a return of the product. Please do not use youtube or a similar service – we will need to download the file easily!
...make sure you have a problem which is not described in the FAQ
...read the manual. Sounds trivial but 20% of requests could be avoided if the user reads the manual.
...list the following info
Tested operating systems or game consoles on which the problem occurs
Tested games which show the problem

Nub's Suggestions

• Find your invoice NOW and store it somewhere safe. It came as a pdf attachment in your email. Put it on a cloud service, special folder in gmail, whatever.
  • I created a premium mediafire account when I sent them my video. I am happy to host your video for you to ensure the link works and they can get what they need without issue. Send me a PM and we'll work it out.
  • The video is as much about demonstrating the issue as it is being clear with them, as English is their second language. Their English is great, but it still doesn't hurt to see the issue for yourself. Keep the video short with a clear capture of the problem.
  • If you end up needing to replace the PCB in your wheel, use a hairdryer to soften the glue they smear over the connectors. Works brilliantly.
  • They may ask you to take your wheel apart and provide no instructions on how to do so. I recommend using ByRacing77's mod videos for details on how to get inside..
  • Even if they say they won't need you to send your original part back, expect them to change their minds about it.
  • Mention every rule in your email. State that you checked the FAQ. State that you read the manual.

That's all I have for now. My case is still open with them but it looks like it'll be wrapping up soon. I have a new PCB installed and so far everything is working perfectly. *knock on wood*.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:42 pm

New firmware was released for CSW, PWG, and CSR-E over the holiday. Has anyone tried either of these? I've been super happy with 737 on my CSR-E so I'm not really hankering to try a new firmware, though I can't help but be curious.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:49 pm

Link?
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:57 pm

756 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2

756 - Porsche 911 GT2 and Turbo S Wheel

756 - CSR

757 - CSR Elite (Elite has a 757 because there was a fan bug in 756)

nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:46 pm

I'm kinda confused... is this like a system update?
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:50 pm

Short answer: Yes. Kind of like a system update for your wheel.

It is weird, and in all honestly if you are totally happy with your wheel right now, it may not be a road you want to go down.

Firmware exists on the wheel itself and you are able to upgrade it and downgrade it as you see fit. There are several versions out there and different community members have kind of latched on to different versions. For example, 737 is notoriously "amazing" for the CSR-E and I tend to agree. How you find out what version you currently have is dfferent per wheel, but it usually involves pushing a combination of buttons right when you turn the wheel on. Consult your manual!

Drivers are only relevant for folks using their wheel on their PC. If you only use it on your Xbox, don't bother with drivers.

If you ever want to walk through a firmware upgrade together let me know. We can Skype up or get in a XBL party. It's not DIFFICULT, it's just STRESSFUL, at least for me, considering that these things aren't cheap.

Most firmware simply changes the way ffb feels and is handled by the wheel. Sometimes it changes an existing feature (eg. removal of a toggle-able fan setting in favor of a "smart" fan) or it adds something new (like the addition of the "autoclutch" toggle).
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:01 pm

nubrocket wrote:If you ever want to walk through a firmware upgrade together let me know. We can Skype up or get in a XBL party. It's not DIFFICULT, it's just STRESSFUL, at least for me, considering that these things aren't cheap.
this might be pretty helpful. I will search for what most people consider to be the best setup for the GT2 wheel and I suppose we can go from there if I seem to be having some difficulty with it. I still have to find the right settings for mine - Its very difficult to save the car from a drift with it right now
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:05 pm

Practice practice. Over the course of months (since July 2012) I have gone from not being able to keep a car in control ever, even in a straight line, to being able to recover from some serious car-related bullshit. I rarely play FM4 without the wheel anymore and I can't imagine going back to a controller.

Horizon is a different story. I prefer the controller in Horizon.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:14 am

Oh my. 757 is the shit. Ohhh my.

I may just be honeymoonin' since the feel is definitely different, but I like it. I feel the car better, I actually feel more road "noise" than before, and from the "proof is in the pudding" department -- I just shaved off a second on Motegi (2:02).

WARNING: I lost my presets, center position, and shifter config with this firmware. Other wheels will probably lose the same. Take record of any presets you hold dear.

Rumble strips are intense now. I'm curious what it'll feel like when I crash into Fraid next time.

I'm not sure if it was their intent but I swear I am more in tune with how g-forces are affecting my car, especially as I'm entering a turn.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down