[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comparing Tuners Club Series

+2
marmuttlebow
BiggLou55
6 posters

Go down

Comparing Tuners Club Series Empty Comparing Tuners Club Series

Post by BiggLou55 Wed May 09, 2012 1:36 pm

Marmmuttlebow started a Comparing Tuners Thread in the tuning section of the forums, and it was suggested that we have a tuner competition race series... I like the idea, so I wanted to start a thread on the subject...

Here is the idea so far (taken from the thread and my own twisted noggin)....
  • Polls are put up to select one car from C, B, A and S class - (4 cars total)
  • Tuners sign up in this thread, and are required to tune each car and put in the Club garage.
  • Painters will sign up to paint liveries for each car as well and there will be a side competition of best livery (polls in the forum)
  • Painters will be matched up with tuners, and each tuner will hopefully have a custom livery for each car.
  • Races will be held weekly, and each week will feature a different class & Each race will be 6 laps on the same track for the same class.
  • There will be a 6-lap heat for each tuner & the tuner order will be switched up each week to keep it fair (as the lobby progresses, the drivers will get progressively better on the track)
  • Tuners MUST tune and share all 4 cars to be qualified for the events.
  • There will be a winning tune for each class based on fastest recorded lap time, and the overall tuning champ will be the tuner with the lowest combine fastest lap time from all 4 classes.

Sound confusing enough? Thoughts?
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Comparing Tuners Club Series Empty Re: Comparing Tuners Club Series

Post by marmuttlebow Wed May 09, 2012 2:10 pm

Just so I'm clear (not that I'm tuning, I'm just driving, and painting? You know the answer to that one):

Would it go like this?
Cars voted are:
C = GTO
B = Lancia
A = NSX
S = 458

Tuners are Lou, Frank, Joe and HotDog.

Week 1 goes like this (in no particular order):
Drive Lou's GTO, Frank's Lancia, Joe's NSX and HotDog's 458

Week 2 then goes
Lou's Lancia, Franks' NSX, Joe's 458 and HotDog's GTO

And then we cycle the cars through?

Or is it Week 1 - Everybody's Lancia
Week 2 - Everybody's 458
etc.

I think the "share all 4 cars to qualify" is throwing me off. I mean, surely if the order of races goes (as an example 458, NSX, GTO, Lanci) then tuners at least have a week to tune the next car. Throw in tuning for the monthly series and any other races that pop up. And let's not forget life getting in the way. That doesn't leave much time to tune 4 cars to the level the tuner likes.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Wed May 09, 2012 2:24 pm

Close... My thought was it would go like this...

Week 1: 6-laps Mugello Club
Drive all of the GTO's

Week 2: 6-laps Road Atlanta
Drive all of the Lancias

and so on...

BUT.... I kind of like your layout better. It takes the edge away from the first car, and progressively ups the difficulty of the car class on the same track...

The all four to qualify means that the Tuners must submit all four cars in order to participate as a tuner...
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Wed May 09, 2012 2:37 pm

The only problem with my 1st example is that the overall champion time is messed up isn't it?

Having nothing to base this on (considering my memory is so piss poor), Class A at Road America was rougly 2:25 (mark notwithstanding). Class B is (I'm guessing) 2:45.

Then we move to the next track (and for simplicity of my memory, Road Atlanta), Class A 1:35, Class B 2:00.

I don't know how to explain it, but depending on the track, each class will have a handicap of sort no?

I'd suggest teams (to add more fuel to the fire - but this may promote sandbagging).
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Wed May 09, 2012 2:44 pm

Teams maybe, but that will be tough as well.....

I think it would be easier to go back to my original thought of C-class Mugello Club night or something like that...

HOWEVER.... We COULD work it as a Leaderboard challenge.... Each week is a different class on a different track We provide a list of tracks, and people post their times (and replays on their SF) for each tune and track (having custom liveries will help distinguish the tunes). This would give everyone an entire week to run and on their time. We should get more participation, and we can go back to the rankings are set by the fastest lap/tune...

On other idea is that the cars we use need to be a variety of types.... FWD, Front Engine RWD, AWD, & Mid-engine RWD?

Thoughts?
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Insanefrank Wed May 09, 2012 3:05 pm

I would make this not a lobby event.
BiggLou55 wrote:HOWEVER.... We COULD work it as a Leaderboard challenge.... Each week is a different class on a different track We provide a list of tracks, and people post their times (and replays on their SF) for each tune and track (having custom liveries will help distinguish the tunes). This would give everyone an entire week to run and on their time. We should get more participation, and we can go back to the rankings are set by the fastest lap/tune...
This is what I would do because so everyone can shoot as much laps as he wants. To get the result everyone should save the replay and write in the description his favorite tune.
Insanefrank
Insanefrank
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Wed May 09, 2012 3:19 pm

Insanefrank wrote:I would make this not a lobby event.
BiggLou55 wrote:HOWEVER.... We COULD work it as a Leaderboard challenge.... Each week is a different class on a different track We provide a list of tracks, and people post their times (and replays on their SF) for each tune and track (having custom liveries will help distinguish the tunes). This would give everyone an entire week to run and on their time. We should get more participation, and we can go back to the rankings are set by the fastest lap/tune...
This is what I would do because so everyone can shoot as much laps as he wants. To get the result everyone should save the replay and write in the description his favorite tune.

You know Frank.. You bring up a good point here... Their favorite tune... There is a lot of subjectivity at play here. The numbers don't always show the best tune. Marm brought up consistency, feel and fastest laps... Consistency and Feel are subjective. Best lap is not... 2 of the 3 are subjective measure.... I like Frank's idea...

Each week is a different class and each person must run all of the Shared cars. Everyone votes in one poll for their favorite tune for that class in another their favorite livery. We can even leave it opened as to what tracks they run... Just run it on your favorite tracks, and vote for your favorites!

Thoughts?
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Wed May 09, 2012 3:52 pm

How 'bout you make it a track day? Ghosting on or off is up for debate.

For the event nite (cuz this way will get ppl to participate), set the timer to 10 minutes or something like that. And then everybody runs for the fastest lap.

This will give you a trial run for your monthly series as well.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Wed May 09, 2012 4:32 pm

We could do a Ghosting on track day and do 10 minutes per track, but that still makes it difficult for the Euro guys to participate.... I like the idea of having this as a full week for each class event... We could have a scheduled lobby at the end of the week to run your favorite tune, but I still think the voting is subjective. Whichever tune that Mark, Jgood or Magic choose will likely be the winner if we do it as fastest lap... Very Happy
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Wed May 09, 2012 4:37 pm

That's assuming those guys are entering their tunes.

I think (and this is based off of nothing really, just from what I'm seeing on driving skill and their willingness to share tunes) will be:
Frank, Lou, Southern, Mark, Joe, jGood (he was dialing in his Civic wasn't he?), and Case.

edit: Rather than have a poll, have each entrant select a car and that's what everybody else has to tune as well.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Wed May 09, 2012 4:41 pm

So... It's a build-off of sorts... Each tuner selects one car from each class, and all have to tune it? I kinda like that.... We can have the event span several months.... Is that your thought? If so, I think I like it...

We can also link the build-off tunes to the U2SC Leaderboard challenge to set LB times on certain tracks... That may make it interesting as well!

BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Wed May 09, 2012 5:26 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:We can also link the build-off tunes to the U2SC Leaderboard challenge to set LB times on certain tracks...
I like the idea of tying it to the LB challenge, a killing two birds with one stone sort of thing. So maybe when hotdog says "ping," the "pong" person can name the track and suggest a car for the build-off. Or perhaps the next couple of people after "pong" can name a car so that there's a choice.
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Wed May 09, 2012 5:57 pm

xraydash wrote:
BiggLou55 wrote:We can also link the build-off tunes to the U2SC Leaderboard challenge to set LB times on certain tracks...
I like the idea of tying it to the LB challenge, a killing two birds with one stone sort of thing. So maybe when hotdog says "ping," the "pong" person can name the track and suggest a car for the build-off. Or perhaps the next couple of people after "pong" can name a car so that there's a choice.

HotDog.... What are your thoughts on this? How can we tie these two together?
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Insanefrank Wed May 09, 2012 6:16 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:Each week is a different class and each person must run all of the Shared cars. Everyone votes in one poll for their favorite tune for that class in another their favorite livery. We can even leave it opened as to what tracks they run... Just run it on your favorite tracks, and vote for your favorites!

Thoughts?
That is something that will not work. Every setup can work on different but what if i.e. I tune it on Catalunya and someone wants to run it on Silverstone. I know it could work but not so perfect like a tune for Silverstone. I think it needs to be a specific track.
Insanefrank
Insanefrank
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Wed May 09, 2012 6:24 pm

I was hoping someone would catch that! Very Happy
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MFKR RAMBO Wed May 09, 2012 11:03 pm

Sounds good. Ill get involved in this if there is still room available. I need to get on Forza and get that lobby fired up. See you guys tonight and good luck to everybody racing.
MFKR RAMBO
MFKR RAMBO
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Thu May 10, 2012 5:56 pm

Sounds like a lot of fun! one quick question, When will this race take place?
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Thu May 10, 2012 5:59 pm

Well... That we'll have to work out... I will start a sign-up thread tomorrow or over the weekend...We'll need tuners and artists to ensure that each tuner has a custom and recognizable U2SC themed livery... If we do well enough here, we my set some really good LB times.
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down