Car illustrations

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Car illustrations

Post by Wa11y on Wed May 30, 2012 1:23 am

I was playing around with Sketchup today and came up with these.





avatar
Wa11y
Century Forum Member

Posts : 204
Join date : 2012-03-09
Age : 62
Location : Earth - USA - MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Car illustrations

Post by beefsupreme42 on Wed May 30, 2012 7:40 am

Thats cool, how did you do it?
avatar
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Posts : 3259
Join date : 2012-03-25
Age : 21
Location : Suburbs of Chicago

Back to top Go down

Re: Car illustrations

Post by marmuttlebow on Wed May 30, 2012 9:39 am

Y U USE OLD CHINESE LADY?

Besides, you've got it all wrong. She should be looking at a BMW or Benz.

LOL

"Criticism" aside, good stuff.
avatar
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Posts : 2547
Join date : 2012-03-02
Location : Toronto, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Car illustrations

Post by BiggLou55 on Wed May 30, 2012 10:57 am

Great work Wally!

Google Sketchup eh? I just downloaded it and will be playing with it later! Great toy to bring with me on Vacation next week! Very Happy
avatar
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Posts : 4308
Join date : 2012-03-02
Age : 45
Location : Nashville, TN - USA

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Car illustrations

Post by Wa11y on Thu May 31, 2012 11:57 pm

beefsupreme42 wrote:Thats cool, how did you do it?

This is the program and it is free - http://sketchup.google.com/download/
I used a plug in for the lights and texture. Render[in] and it is not free. However, my church paid for this program for me because I am doing a rendering of the new addition. It cost $160. At the time I test other rendering plug-ins it was the only rendering program that worked on my old CPU, which got fried soon afterwords. Now I have a new CPU that rocks.
The illustrations came from the sketchup warehouse. I'd like to know how they illustrate those cars. The car in the illustration also has the engine in it. I think there is a plug-in the does contours from pictures.

Check this out.Catch Up an online magazine the features Sketchup.


Last edited by Wa11y on Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Wa11y
Century Forum Member

Posts : 204
Join date : 2012-03-09
Age : 62
Location : Earth - USA - MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Car illustrations

Post by Wa11y on Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:01 am

marmuttlebow wrote:Y U USE OLD CHINESE LADY?

Besides, you've got it all wrong. She should be looking at a BMW or Benz.

LOL

"Criticism" aside, good stuff.

cuz my wife is an old Korean lady. A memento from Korean tour. Ever been on an Army base?














psych. I didn't marry a Korean lady but some of my friends did.
avatar
Wa11y
Century Forum Member

Posts : 204
Join date : 2012-03-09
Age : 62
Location : Earth - USA - MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Car illustrations

Post by swviper on Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:49 pm

Wa11y wrote:
marmuttlebow wrote:Y U USE OLD CHINESE LADY?

Besides, you've got it all wrong. She should be looking at a BMW or Benz.

LOL

"Criticism" aside, good stuff.

cuz my wife is an old Korean lady. A memento from Korean tour. Ever been on an Army base?














psych. I didn't marry a Korean lady but some of my friends did.
Seriously made me LOL....people in other office confused now that I'm laughing at computer
avatar
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Posts : 910
Join date : 2012-03-06
Age : 47
Location : ON CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Car illustrations

Post by Vlagra DUH on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:17 pm

Hm. Make some stuff with Rhino, or Inventor. Ha, amazing programs i use them all day.
avatar
Vlagra DUH
Junior Forum Spammer

Posts : 290
Join date : 2012-05-30
Age : 27
Location : Detroit, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Car illustrations

Post by Wa11y on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:16 am

Viagra DUH wrote:Hm. Make some stuff with Rhino, or Inventor. Ha, amazing programs i use them all day.

Don't have the budget for those. Free and free is about my speed.
avatar
Wa11y
Century Forum Member

Posts : 204
Join date : 2012-03-09
Age : 62
Location : Earth - USA - MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Car illustrations

Post by BiggLou55 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:31 am

Wa11y wrote:
Viagra DUH wrote:Hm. Make some stuff with Rhino, or Inventor. Ha, amazing programs i use them all day.

Don't have the budget for those. Free and free is about my speed.

I'm right there with ya Wally.... I actually sprung for PhotoShop Elements last month, but that was about it for me... Was using and unlimited trial copy of Photoshop CS4 prior to that... Wink
avatar
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Posts : 4308
Join date : 2012-03-02
Age : 45
Location : Nashville, TN - USA

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Car illustrations

Post by Wa11y on Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:10 am

BiggLou55 wrote:
Wa11y wrote:
Viagra DUH wrote:Hm. Make some stuff with Rhino, or Inventor. Ha, amazing programs i use them all day.

Don't have the budget for those. Free and free is about my speed.

I'm right there with ya Wally.... I actually sprung for PhotoShop Elements last month, but that was about it for me... Was using and unlimited trial copy of Photoshop CS4 prior to that... Wink

One of the benefits of being Federally employed is getting Microsoft Office Professional 2010 for $20.00. Other than that I don't have anything more costly. I had photoshop at one time but when the old computer crashed I no longer had it.
avatar
Wa11y
Century Forum Member

Posts : 204
Join date : 2012-03-09
Age : 62
Location : Earth - USA - MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Car illustrations

Post by Vlagra DUH on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:49 am

I have my own servers setup and a host address. I can just p2p the files to you guys, or set them up on my website and get you download links. With cracks.
avatar
Vlagra DUH
Junior Forum Spammer

Posts : 290
Join date : 2012-05-30
Age : 27
Location : Detroit, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Car illustrations

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum