[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July Bounty

+8
swviper
Fischs3
BiggLou55
beefsupreme42
Eric21477
SouthernFist7
Markve91
marmuttlebow
12 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

July Bounty - Page 3 Empty Re: July Bounty

Post by SouthernFist7 Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:25 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:It is... Every DLC has a free car.... And you should grab them... by grabbing the free car from each pack, you will no longer see blacked out V-Dubs in place of DLC cars! ;-)

Cat and mouse is going to be a lot more fun when I don't hAve to ask the black cars what team they're on. Thanks Lou!
SouthernFist7
SouthernFist7
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fear740 Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:09 pm

swviper wrote:phREDs new time:

1:08:896

...still safe, but looks like I'll be trying to put some padding on my time tonight...mid 1:05 is my target.

And to quote phRED: "1:08:896 in the first go with the Pinto...lots of time left on the track"

please dont tell me thats true its taken me from 6am to now to beat his 1:09 time with the gremlin pale
Fear740
Fear740
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:16 pm

SouthernFist7 wrote:
BiggLou55 wrote:It is... Every DLC has a free car.... And you should grab them... by grabbing the free car from each pack, you will no longer see blacked out V-Dubs in place of DLC cars! ;-)

Cat and mouse is going to be a lot more fun when I don't hAve to ask the black cars what team they're on. Thanks Lou!

Even in cat and mouse the DLC cars would be black? that sucks! good thing you guys can fix that now..
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:26 pm

I'm starting to get a little nervous about this one, I only have 2 more days to get a comfortable time.... pale
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by swviper Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:08 pm

Well, I made it to the 1:07 club...albeit a 1:07:899 Neutral Mark, I used your tune and have started to chase your ghost.

...not sure if that will keep me safe, going to be gone all weekend, so hate to come back and find out I have a couple hours to improve.

Also, my previous target of mid 1:05 LOL...what was I thinking??

Last edited by swviper on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by swviper Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:23 pm

Lou, just took your tune to a 1:07:696....after like 5 laps.

Off to spend some time with Franks tune...starting to feel a bit better about my chances finally.
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:22 am

Got down to the 1:07 club as well. (Just barely).

Took my sweet time getting there though. I think I took on 3 rivals. And each one took more laps. So now I've run over 20 laps I think. Just not all in one sitting.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:29 am

I swear I just posted. Where did it go? Anyway, I'm down to 1:06.810, currently second in the club and 942 overall. Will it be enough? Not sure if I can do better but I'm satisfied with my effort.
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:33 am

For those using the Pinto I shared to the club garage....

Are there any adjustments needed in the car to get the times down more? I've only done 1 session of about 20 laps, and plan to do more tonight before the series race. If there are any adjustments that are needed, please let me know and I can tweak it if need be...

Oh, and thanks for the feedback on the tune so far, I really appreciate it!
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:37 am

@ 1:08.585, I'm still well in the top 5000, and I think pHRED is as well with his new time. I don't feel good about my time, so I will keep inching it down over the weekend!

I will say that I love this challenge.... The track is fun, as well as the car. I never thought I would say I enjoyed driving a Pinto, but I do.... I just hope it doesn't burst into flames when I slam into the wall! Very Happy
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:53 am

I would suggest lengthening out the gears a little. Or maybe it's just that I'm lazy and don't wanna shift so much. Other than that, it seemed alright.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric21477 Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:06 pm

I'm in the low 1:08s as of last night. I did as Mark suggested and went with larger wheels to cure the sidewall flex. Then I went through all the gears and stretched them out a bit. I think the car has faster times in it, I need more practice time. The car is in the garage if anyone wants to try it.

I agree with Lou, this is a fun challenge! Usually not a track I like running on, but its fun with the Pinto.
Eric21477
Eric21477
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fischs3 Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:09 pm

Fear740 wrote:
swviper wrote:phREDs new time:

1:08:896

...still safe, but looks like I'll be trying to put some padding on my time tonight...mid 1:05 is my target.

And to quote phRED: "1:08:896 in the first go with the Pinto...lots of time left on the track"

please dont tell me thats true its taken me from 6am to now to beat his 1:09 time with the gremlin pale

Fear...I saw you posted a good time on the leader board with the Pinto. Did you break down and buy the pack? I don't blame you. I was trying to get a good time with the Gremlin or Pacer but I could not come close to the speed of the Pinto. I don't think it is possible to beat Phred with anything other than the Pinto. My guess is he will still improve his time by another second before we are all said and done.
Fischs3
Fischs3
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:10 pm

I'll have to give your tune a run tonight lou and let you know of anything. I may tweak mine a bit to see if I can get some more time out of it too. I use only 3 gears on this track...and I'm in 3rd by the time I get halfway to that fast right hander near the end if that helps anyone
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:11 pm

Just remember that there are side contests for those that do not run the Pinto. He has not announced what they are yet, but I'm willing to bet there will be a prize for the top XXX Gremlin and XXX Mustang II drivers....
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:13 pm

Markve91 wrote:I'll have to give your tune a run tonight lou and let you know of anything. I may tweak mine a bit to see if I can get some more time out of it too. I use only 3 gears on this track...and I'm in 3rd by the time I get halfway to that fast right hander near the end if that helps anyone

I added the 6-speed and made it a close ratio box. The shift points are good, but, as others have mentioned, I may need to widen the gears a bit... I'll slap the numbers into FMTC tonight and see if I can get a good matched gear set. As of right now, all I've done is adjust the Final Drive...

@Marm - Then drive in Automatic... Very Happy
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by duplicatelogon Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:41 pm

he is down to 1:08.203 now so its time to get o it again Very Happy

duplicatelogon
New Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:57 pm

DOH....!
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fischs3 Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:00 pm

New time 1:08.203

is that how its gonna stay or we should get back to work??

phREDESIGN:
I got more in me...I will be putting in a good amount of work Sunday.

Double...Triple D'OHHHHHHHHHHH
Fischs3
Fischs3
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:05 pm

Alright guys.... Time to batten down the hatches!! I'm gonna get to work on several different Pinto tunes.... I will be sharing multiple Pintos in the garage, and they will all be different.

The first one will be the same handling and engine parts with wider and more tuned gearing....

The second one will be with slightly less handling but more power....

The Original will remain unless the other two prove to be more potent....

I WILL BEAT THIS ONE!!! I WILL!!! Very Happy
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:06 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:
Markve91 wrote:I'll have to give your tune a run tonight lou and let you know of anything. I may tweak mine a bit to see if I can get some more time out of it too. I use only 3 gears on this track...and I'm in 3rd by the time I get halfway to that fast right hander near the end if that helps anyone

I added the 6-speed and made it a close ratio box. The shift points are good, but, as others have mentioned, I may need to widen the gears a bit... I'll slap the numbers into FMTC tonight and see if I can get a good matched gear set. As of right now, all I've done is adjust the Final Drive...

@Marm - Then drive in Automatic... Very Happy
Your tune handles wonderfully and really cuts the corners well. I'll just chime in and say the gears could be widened for improvement. The last stretch before the final turn felt like no man's land for me because I couldn't get a feel for which gear I should be in.

I actually set my time with a storefront tune because I hit a wall, so to speak, and couldn't climb higher with any of the U2SC tunes. Obviously I'm no elite driver so that's not meant to be a criticism of our club's tuners. But if anyone is struggling to improve you might search the storefront for "fuelish" and see if there's one that fits you better. I can't remember which one I got but it was free and had over a thousand downloads.
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Fischs3 Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:10 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:Alright guys.... Time to batten down the hatches!! I'm gonna get to work on several different Pinto tunes.... I will be sharing multiple Pintos in the garage, and they will all be different.

The first one will be the same handling and engine parts with wider and more tuned gearing....

The second one will be with slightly less handling but more power....

The Original will remain unless the other two prove to be more potent....

I WILL BEAT THIS ONE!!! I WILL!!! Very Happy

There is the spirit, love it.

The other thing is the Mine's 34 is climbing up the poll. The prize is secondary to me but I would much rather have almost every other car in the poll than that one.
Fischs3
Fischs3
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:35 pm

I don't have either the Mines or the RX, so it's win-win for me.... If I could hand pick from the list it would be the 430 Scud as my first choice, followed by the Murc, R-34 and R-32.... Wink
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:46 pm

I lied. I could improve some. Down to 1:06.437 and back in the top thousand (768 currently.) If I can figure out how to take that final turn better I might be able to shave a sliver more off. The tune I used is by M3Rocket, by the way.

Congrats to FEaR740 for breaking into the 1:05 range. Fast!
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by duplicatelogon Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:58 pm

im down to 1:07:097 so im happy atm but how long will it last is the question and im also using the tune from M#Rocket Wink

duplicatelogon
New Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next