[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buying Headset with mic

+2
Lowflyinmx3
Fischs3
6 posters

Go down

Buying Headset with mic Empty Buying Headset with mic

Post by Fischs3 Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:26 pm

I have been looking at getting a headset with mic so that I can actually socialize while racing. If anyone has a good one or bad one please drop me a line. So far this is what I have been told or learned. Please correct me if I am wrong. The Microsoft headset that looks like the headphones that came with your 80s Walkman are cheap and break after a couple of weeks. Turtle Beach headsets are good however I have an older console with HDMI hookup to TV which means I have to buy a separate attachment in order for it to work. So far I have been told that Tritton headsets are a good buy and don't require any extra attachments. Wireless or corded? I like wireless but all of the headsets still require to be wired to controller in order to chat.

Thx
Mark
Fischs3
Fischs3
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Buying Headset with mic Empty Re: Buying Headset with mic

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:20 pm

I use the stock one that came with my xbox when I bought it. I think you can still find those for cheap. They break up sometimes but I don't know if its my equipment or someone elses that cause it to happen.
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by DougieManCan Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:25 am

I have a turtle beach x12 headset and quality-wise its excellent, for voice it does need to be plugged into the controller. Some headsets allow a wireless controller adapter ie a small transciever that plugs in to the mic port on the controller and transmitts to the headset.. I dont know but i'd guess there very expensive and a killer on your controller batteries.

also dont be fooled by the term surround sound on turtle beach etc, most of these headsets apart from a tritton one only have 2 speakers, its virtualised souround sound.

DougieManCan
Forum Member

http://www.moto-5.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joekorn Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:15 am

Only thing I can advise against is buying an official X360 bluetooth headset. I got one on clearance, used it for about an hour, and took it back. Terrible connectivity, seems to pick up about 25% of what is said.
joekorn
joekorn
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:42 am

I'm actually using the headset that came with the Xbox, and it works fine for me... I have a second one that came with the Xbox live kit I picked up with the keyboard, headset and 12-month sub... Both work fine and are inexpensive. When they break down I will likely pick up something or use one of the headsets I use as backup for my iPhone (corded).
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:07 pm

Haven't tried it, but those headphones (IEM's in particular) with a remote/ mic, do those work?
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:24 pm

I ordered the Xbox 360 Chat Pad Kit and the headset works pretty well. Haven't really used the chatpad yet, but it does work. I wish it worked with all Xbox 360 test input screens, but it doesn't....

These seem to be rated pretty well too...
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Headset/dp/B003OAE79S/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1331569132&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-Gamecom-X10-Xbox-360/dp/B000F1WDHW/ref=sr_1_8?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1331568979&sr=1-8

Here is the Amazon.com search for Xbox 360 headsets...
CLICK HERE
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:45 pm

I picked up the "Plantronics Gamecom X10" and it arrived yesterday.... WAY better than the standard headset that comes with the Xbox or Keypad... If you want a single ear set, I'd go with that one... it's only $11.72 too if you have Amazon Prime... $12.99 without...
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fischs3 Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:52 pm

Thx Lou and every one else for their suggestions. I almost bought one yesterday. I was looking at a Tritton Denonator set at Future Shop (Canadian) for $60. But of course my local store was out of stock. Best Buy had them in stock and their price was $90, go figure. So last night I went into Best Buy and this is how it went:

Me- I pick up the headsets and a guy runs up to help me.
BB- Do you want to buy those today Sir? Would you be interested in the insurance package?
Me- How about telling me first that you price match with other stores.
BB- Oh, of course we do sir.
Me- Well Future Shop has them at $59.95, and yours are $89.99. Same model.
BB- Oh, well if the price ends in a 5, that means the product is being discontinued at their store and we will not honour that.
Me- I'm sorry, you won't honour it because their price ends in a five? I go into my pocket and pull out four shiny coppers. Here now the price ends in a nine.
BB- Sorry it doesn't work that way.
Me- No? Well neither does your price match guarantee.
BB- (Stupid grin still on his face). Did you still want to purchase those headsets?
Me- How about I shove these headsets up....(at this point I realized my 8 year old son was with me). We can leave now son.
Son- But Dad are we not getting any headsets?
Me- Not tonight son, not tonight.

My search continues for headsets....
Fischs3
Fischs3
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:21 pm

Try canada computers or tigerdirect.ca or amazon. Shipping is pretty cheap. I don't know where else you can go.

I haven't looked myself.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by DougieManCan Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:51 am

Fischs3 wrote:Thx Lou and every one else for their suggestions. I almost bought one yesterday. I was looking at a Tritton Denonator set at Future Shop (Canadian) for $60. But of course my local store was out of stock. Best Buy had them in stock and their price was $90, go figure. So last night I went into Best Buy and this is how it went:

Me- I pick up the headsets and a guy runs up to help me.
BB- Do you want to buy those today Sir? Would you be interested in the insurance package?
Me- How about telling me first that you price match with other stores.
BB- Oh, of course we do sir.
Me- Well Future Shop has them at $59.95, and yours are $89.99. Same model.
BB- Oh, well if the price ends in a 5, that means the product is being discontinued at their store and we will not honour that.
Me- I'm sorry, you won't honour it because their price ends in a five? I go into my pocket and pull out four shiny coppers. Here now the price ends in a nine.
BB- Sorry it doesn't work that way.
Me- No? Well neither does your price match guarantee.
BB- (Stupid grin still on his face). Did you still want to purchase those headsets?
Me- How about I shove these headsets up....(at this point I realized my 8 year old son was with me). We can leave now son.
Son- But Dad are we not getting any headsets?
Me- Not tonight son, not tonight.

My search continues for headsets....

lol!

Thats an awesome reason, full of Bull , but still awesome, im surprised he didnt say "because the day has a Y in it we cant match".. Just shows they will try anything to get out of stuff like that

DougieManCan
Forum Member

http://www.moto-5.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down