[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Low's Spec Miata Series Announcement and Discussion Thread

+16
SouthernFist7
B08MATH
xraydash
xII CASE IIx
nubrocket
Red Sniper 213
Eric21477
swviper
FraidKn0t
wolfman115
beefsupreme42
xXhpi racingXx
marmuttlebow
Markve91
BiggLou55
Lowflyinmx3
20 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Low's Spec Miata Series Announcement and Discussion Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Low's Spec Miata Series Announcement and Discussion Thread

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:33 pm

marmuttlebow wrote:Will the grid order be reversed?

Will we eventually get around to having a parade lap?
the grid will be reversed. The parade leap will happen when someone volunteers to drive the pace truck lol.
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Low's Spec Miata Series Announcement and Discussion Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Low's Spec Miata Series Announcement and Discussion Thread

Post by marmuttlebow Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:47 am

Tonight's results:

Low's Spec Miata Series Announcement and Discussion Thread - Page 9 Img_0212
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:54 am

That was some good racing last night guys. The pro class was making time and who the hell lit fires under wolfman's and nub's racing seats? You guys were straight smoking. I had a blast even though I was by myself. Had contact with pit wall trying to come in too hot and then had major contact with the rear of hpi's miata because I didn't see him pulling back on the track. Totally my fault. Congrats to Beef on his win. And Lou, I told you that you were going to be in the pro class didn't I? Laughing
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:31 am

I don't mean to be a whiny baby... Scratch that. I totally mean to be a whiny baby! Can we maybe reconsider this whole simulated damage mandate? I got taken out at the beginning of lap 2 (no worries hpi, it wasn't intentional) and suffered some pretty heavy damage to my car. Oh well, only 34 more laps to go, right? I always enjoy hanging out with you guys but I did not have a very good time racing a gimpy, uncompetitive car for 45+ minutes.
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:45 am

You do know that pitting fixes your car right? Beef pitted the 3rd lap and raced the last 32 laps on that set of tires. Pitting fixes your car mechanically but body wise it will still look bad.
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by xXhpi racingXx Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:02 pm

yea my bad xray i had nurses and stuff in my room at that time. i went to turn my mic down so i could hear what she was saying and BAM i slammed rite into ya. eventually i pulled over and just sat it out. its fun to joke around but. i guess the reality not just for you guys but, for me as well serious racing is probably going to be out of the question until i get home. just to many distractions. im not just saying this because of xray either as you can see theres just to much multitasking going on in the series to try and avoid people. you guys have raced with me enough to know im not horrible just bad setup for concentrated racing rite now lol. but, fun games and horizon..expect my me there Very Happy
xXhpi racingXx
xXhpi racingXx
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:29 pm

I'm sorry for tapping xray at the start.

Adam, don't worry 'bout nothing. Just rinning is good enough. Nobody, save Beef, is a die-hard serious racer.

As for my race, not much. Had a helluva time passing Rickenslapper. I don't know you did it, but I'd close at the chicane and somehow he'd pull away after we hit the front straight. He was channeling Mark methinks. After I got past, it was pretty much hotlapping afterwards. Managed to close to within 4 s of beef, and then my concentration went to Laura/ Heather/ Lisa/ and Honey (maybe it was the movie).

Fun times. And Lou had that one session of King locked up.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:31 pm

Lowflyinmx3 wrote:You do know that pitting fixes your car right? Beef pitted the 3rd lap and raced the last 32 laps on that set of tires. Pitting fixes your car mechanically but body wise it will still look bad.
I also pitted early (4th or 5th lap) and it didn't make difference. My top speed on that long straight at the starting line last night was 117 mph. Just tested to make sure I'm not full of shit and hit 124 every time after the first lap. People were flying by me all night and I couldn't hit the corners like I did when I ran practice laps in the afternoon. My best lap was also about three seconds off my hot lap average.

Does pitting fix aero damage? Because the rear damage was 100%.
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:57 pm

You are correct sir, pitting does not fix aero. Just gets the car back in running form.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:43 pm

I was in that boat in Laguna Seca, Xray. I pitted 3 times but could never get my top speed above 104 on the straights. It's a drag (no pun intended), but having that risk sitting there does add some intensity. It'd be cool if "mechanical damage only" was an option so we could play in a happy compromise. Oh well, sorry it brought you down (no pun intended). I'm sure it hits harder (no pun intended) when you could actually be competitive otherwise. In my case it just gave me an excuse to exploit and hide behind.

I wasn't very social after the race because I was bummin' too. I practiced this track quite a bit this week and for 32 laps of the race I was happy with where I was. I posted a 1:20.7 which is faster than I've ever run in a practice. I was in my own little zone and it was delightful.

Then I messed up and lost control, wrecked, messed up my aero, and lost two places. I couldn't shake the disappointment for a few hours because I'm a big baby. It sorta felt like I studied and studied and studied and studied and then got a D-. I'm still proud of my 1:20 though and I had a lot of fun. I did miss not being in voicechat with y'all. I'm not sure what to do about that.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:31 pm

great race everybody, it was really fun last night
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by SouthernFist7 Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:57 pm

Boy I was really hoping to make this race. I even had a chance to run some practice laps and paint up a "pampers" themed car.

My daughter got 'head, foot and mouth" disease. Well, I thought that was something livestock got.
I swear I'm coming back someday...
SouthernFist7
SouthernFist7
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:56 pm

I guess you were right low seeing as how I posted the fastest lap of the race... Very Happy I did run with the controller though... I think Mark is right... The controller is more competitive... I probably wouldn't have done as well with the wheel. Unlike F1, FM is not designed for the wheel. It's designed to be best with the controller... that said, I still love my wheel, but will probably use the controller more now that my thumb is getting a little better (and I have a better brace)...

My apologies to anyone that I might have made contact with or run off... I only had slight damage to my front body, and that happened on the first lap... You are correct thinking damaged aero kills top speed, and limited damage may be a good move; however, Simulation is fine too... It makes me extra careful and a little bit more reserved when following/passing...

Congrats to Beef and Marm on the 1, 2... also... Fraid!!!! I hated taking 3rd only because your batteries died! That SUCKED!!!! I might have still caught you, but you would have likely held onto third!

Rickenbacker! We had some good racing! I had the same issues as Marm... I could catch you once we got to the twisities, but then you'd pull away... Wash rinse repeat... I finally got around you somehow, but that was driving me insane!
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:30 pm

I forgot, to Wolfman, no worries about the contact.

I know we were both dealing with Dash on the front straight. I got around and I'm guessing Wolfman legged it to get around him before the corner. Next thing I know is the wolf is closing in REAL fast. Too funny. And kudos on not taking me out in the process.

I know I dinged my front end a tad. Enough such that the body popped up on my screen in the lower right. No color came up though. And I have no idea as to the extent of the damage to my car. I don't think I ever let up one bit. Guess I could've checked when I pitted. But all in all, not bad.

I wonder how close I would've been to Beef if I had managed to get by ricken earlier. Had to wait for him to screw up before I could pass him.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:31 pm

Results have been updated!
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JasonMurphy Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:55 pm

Hey, Low, go ahead and send me the template. I'll see about joining the series, at least on a part-time basis. Smile (Rookie class, obviously)
JasonMurphy
JasonMurphy
Century Forum Member

http://titaniumspork.org

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:03 pm

I gotta say.. That was a lot of fun... I really like the spec series... It makes the racing MUCH closer! Very Happy
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:07 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:I gotta say.. That was a lot of fun... I really like the spec series... It makes the racing MUCH closer! Very Happy
definitely. I love this series. I am taking it much more seriously than our monthly series races for some reason actually....

Can't wait for next week to pit on lap 5 again Very Happy
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:59 am

All I have to say is that EVERYONE better practice for Race #3- Bernese Alps Stadtplatz Reverse.... I just ran a few test laps, and this is a VERY technical course in reverse... Lots of walls and lots of slick negative sloping corners! Low... We'll probably need that pit truck for this one!!!! Very Happy
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:30 pm

that last corner can be a killer if you don't hit the gas at just the right point - a little too early and you're going to be in the wall along with the possibility that you could take out the next 2 or 3 people behind you...
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by JasonMurphy Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:01 pm

Tossed this together... I'll be joining up next week. Smile I wanted to stick with the relatively simple schemes of Club-level Spec Miata series.

Low's Spec Miata Series Announcement and Discussion Thread - Page 9 Mx510
JasonMurphy
JasonMurphy
Century Forum Member

http://titaniumspork.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:45 pm

Hey guys, due to unfortunate events it looks like I'll be unable to orchestrate the next 2 races. You guys know the drill, simulation damage and reverse ordering on the grid. Minus 10 points to anyone who sand bags their time on the qualifier in order to get a spot up front.
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:51 pm

But what if the wifey calls?

Didn't affect me since I started at the back last week anyways.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:17 pm

The grid didn't get reversed last week. Hopefully it will be done this race and here on out. And if the wife calls. ...... I've got nuttin'
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:17 am

would it be possible to move the race back about half an hour? I am going to dinner with my aunt and uncle, so I might not be home until 10:00 eastern time...
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next