[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broketober 2012

+4
U2SCDoli
marmuttlebow
BiggLou55
nubrocket
8 posters

Go down

Broketober 2012 Empty Broketober 2012

Post by nubrocket Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:10 pm

So how bad have y'all been hit?

Picked up Dishonored and F1 2012.
Horizon is under 2 weeks away.
Tempted by XCOM, that demo has been downloaded.

Next month is BLOPS2 and Halo 4. I tried to get just one, but I have no willpower.

I don't have time for these. I never do. My backlog is stupid but this month wrecks me every year.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Broketober 2012 Empty Re: Broketober 2012

Post by BiggLou55 Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:35 pm

LOL.... I've fought the temptation to pre-order MoH Warfighter on the PC (even though it has BF4 beta access, there's no telling what platform the beta will be for knowing EA and DICE)...

I've also been fighting with whether or not to grab FIFA 13, F1-2013, WRC 3 and Dirt 3...

I'm more time broke, when it comes to games, than anything else....

I'm playing FM4, FH (on the 23rd) and Madden 13 (which I need to catch up on) on the Xbox (not to mention Skyrim and GTA that I purchased and have yet to play).

On the PC, I'm playing BF3 (losing interest since Armored Shield), some BF:BC2 when the mood strikes me, Gotham City Imposters (Free to play FPS for when I just want to chill, laugh a bit, and blow stuff up), PlanetSide 2 (beta - and I LOVE this game - $39.99 for beta access and cool stuff at launch BTW), WechWarrior Online (beta - but I've played it like twice in the past 2 months, but I did pick up a Founder's pack for $60), and Diablo III (which I've pretty much dropped - I'm VERY disappointed in it). I've also grabbed BlackLight Retribution (free to play FPS) off of steam, but I've yet to even play it!

Shocked Actually... In writing this, I'm realizing that I have a serious problem here.... LOL

Basically, I have time for 2-3 Games, and in my attempts to squeeze in more, I fail (epically). I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to balance FM4, FH, PlanetSide 2 and the occasional BF3/BF:BC2, GCI and Madden play. I just have to forget the others for now! scratch
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:58 pm

Everytime I head to the mall (which is every weekend cuz it's nearby and the kids get to run and burn off some of that energy), I step into EB/ Gamestop/ Whatever it's called. I always look at the games. Then look at my wallet and cry.

If anything, I would pick up NHL'12 and F1-2011 (or whatever last year's was). No need in playing the most up to date when it comes to sport games. It's more or less the same with some refinements.

On tap I've got FH, and way into the future it's gonna be GTA V. Other than that, there isn't anything that I desperately want (can ya tell I'm not a core gamer).

I did however grab Mark of the Ninja on XBLA. Enjoying that one. And it's what, $15? Worth it if you like side scrollers like Shadow Complex.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by U2SCDoli Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:48 pm

i'm still trying to figure that out... i've already put the $80 down on Horizon... and i'm thinking i wanna get one shooter. i really like the halo series even though i suck, but MoH is also looking pretty good at the moment. other than that i think that's all i'm getting
U2SCDoli
U2SCDoli
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sniper 213 Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:41 pm

I pre ordered Horizon, im hopefully getting GTA5, I have Borderlands 2, and, when they come out, Far Cry 3 and Rainbow Six Patriots.

As a matter of fact, I will be ABSOLUTELY broke between this and next year.
Red Sniper 213
Red Sniper 213
Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:22 am

I've been trying so hard to buy fewer games so I can deal with those I already have. And it's been going so well (only got Mass Effect 3, DiRT3, The Witcher 2 and Max Payne 3, 2-3 DotWs off XBLA and some DLC) and I've been making some progress catching up ... and now it's Horizon, Halo 4 and Far Cry 3, all in about a month's time.

(I did try really hard not to get Halo 4, but they had this crazy deal where you get 2400 MSP free if you pre-ordered before 30 Sept, and that, coupled with all the other pre-order goodies and stuff inside the limited edition exposed me as too weak.)

Lou, I'm always hesitant to recommend games to others, but DiRT3 is very good. I've been playing it again this last week and it's a lot of fun. And if you can get the Complete Edition, it's got all the DLC, including some excellent Monte Carlo rally stages and Shibuya.
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:42 am

shinnsoon wrote:Lou, I'm always hesitant to recommend games to others, but DiRT3 is very good. I've been playing it again this last week and it's a lot of fun. And if you can get the Complete Edition, it's got all the DLC, including some excellent Monte Carlo rally stages and Shibuya.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! A solid recommendation for a game I REALLY want!!! DOH!!! Very Happy
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:34 pm

There are too many games coming out that I want to play, and I just can't keep up. School is expensive, and so is a 1 year old, but that's a whole different story.

Games I'll definitely be getting are, Horizon and Assassins Creed 3...and Halo 4. I'm still on the fence about the Horizon season pass since it's 50 bucks...All the other games I'd love to play, especially f1 2012, but I don't mind waiting a year or whatever.

shinnsoon wrote:(I did try really hard not to get Halo 4, but they had this crazy deal where you get 2400 MSP free if you pre-ordered before 30 Sept, and that, coupled with all the other pre-order goodies and stuff inside the limited edition exposed me as too weak.)

Where'd you hear this from shin?!
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by swviper Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:24 pm

Horizon obviously, Borderlands 2, Guild War2 (ruined me), Lego LOTR,

Still have a crap load of games that I have not given enough time to, KoA, Assassin Creed Revelations, Sniper Elite.

If I knew more about GANTT charts, I could use one to figure out how to get all this 'in'....
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:28 pm

LOL... I'm gonna fire up MS Project right now and see if I can work mine in! Very Happy Razz

I think I'm going to drop BF3/BFBC2 down to very occasional play at this point.... Between PlanetSide 2 on the PC and both Forza titles on the Xbox, I'm not seeing where it fits in.... Sad It's sad, but I get more enjoyment out of playing Gotham City Imposters than I do BF3 right now...
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:10 pm

For those considering MoH: Warfighter, I have these thoughts (which are purely subjective rubbish, but I can't help it).

Based on their marketing strategies alone, I don't see this title having a long-term support plan or content expansions. It reeks of being a Q4 money-grabber that they seem to be rather insecure about.

DOWNLOAD THE DEMO and you'll see a new Linkin Park video!

PREORDER THE GAME and you'll get beta access to the game we REALLY care about!

BUY THE GAME because it uses the same engine of that other game you liked!

It really could just be bad marketing. Danger Close delivered a good product IMO with the previous Medal of Honor. They've got talent and Warfighter could turn out to be great. Even if it does, though, I wouldn't expect bugs to get fixed or new maps to get released. Even the first MoH only got one expansion.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:18 pm

The Frostbite 2 engine is incredible, but I've been unimpressed with the gameplay I've been seeing on YouTube... I'm also starting to really dislike the direction DICE and EA are taking things... I've been a fan of the BF franchise since BF1942 first released many moons ago.... BF2 and Bad Company 2 were their pinnacle, and they're slowly going downhill.... I honestly think we are seeing things come full circle... Smaller dev houses are starting to pop back up and production Play For Free games (World of Tanks, Blacklight Retribution, Gotham City Imposters and soon to release titles of World of Warplanes, PlanetSide 2, and a few others), that are pretty well done. The big guys have gotten too big and are now just focussed on making a dollar by selling us an idea and only really care that we bought the game.... My 2 cents... I'm done... Wink
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:54 pm

As a fellow 1942 veteran, I gotta say I agree with you. 1942 remains my favorite in the series, but BF2 was definitely the pinnacle.

As for free to play, check out Warface (not out yet).
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:46 am

Markve91 wrote:Where'd you hear this from shin?!
This was a pre-order special they had at BT Games, here in South Africa. Seems like it's a Halo thing - got 800 MSP with Anniversary Very Happy
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down