[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garage Limit?

+2
BiggLou55
ThrowMeAHotdog
6 posters

Go down

Should we have a limit?

Garage Limit? I_vote_lcap36%Garage Limit? I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 4 ]
Garage Limit? I_vote_lcap55%Garage Limit? I_vote_rcap 55% 
[ 6 ]
Garage Limit? I_vote_lcap9%Garage Limit? I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 11

Garage Limit? Empty Garage Limit?

Post by ThrowMeAHotdog Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:28 am

Since people are complaining about the garage, do you think we should have a limit on the number of cars each member can upload? Obviously it would be nice to be able to upload as many cars as we like, but there's only space for two each. I was thinking we could all stick to 2 cars each, but then some people upload a few cars for the monthly series and things to make it easier for other people to join in. My other idea was that everyone could upload just one car each, but if the club really liked it we could decide to keep it in and the person could upload another one? Or maybe too many rules spoils the fun and we should just keep the free for all? What do people think?

Obviously for any idea to work, we need the majority of the club on the forum anyway

ThrowMeAHotdog
Forum Admin

https://u2sc.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Garage Limit? Empty Re: Garage Limit?

Post by BiggLou55 Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:17 am

I like the 1-per member and the rest reserved idea... Maybe have some sort of application forum on the boards to post the car, reason for sharing, etc...?
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joekorn Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:46 am

We don't want to be too restrictive with the garage, as we have quite a few great tuners and painters in the club who should be able to show off their work. We should have several spots opening up soon, as I believe Lowflyin is going to pare down our member list, getting rid of people who haven't played in quite a while and won't respond to any messages.

I think a good basic rule to follow for now is that every car shared in the garage MUST be tuned. If a guy isn't good at tuning but has a sweet design, he needs to ask one the many willing members to tune it for him. Although a limit may indeed be necessary, I also don't want to discourage people like moturwerks (for example) from sharing a variety of outstanding tunes, or keemoschauby (again just an example) from sharing many of his great designs. We should strive to keep a minimum of 10 slots open so series-specific and spec race cars can be rotated in, but I'm not sure what the best way to do that is.
joekorn
joekorn
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:57 am

I'm guessing people will just volunteer to put up Series cars.

Or you could designate one or two people to do it. Create a sign-up sheet (of sorts) for those that want to tune it.

I think I may have handicapped those that jumped in on the first race with the car I had "tuned". I just thought it was a viable thing since this month was more restrictive (not saying this is a bad thing) than last month's.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by ThrowMeAHotdog Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:39 pm

If we have 2 slots each people might not want to share incase its not up to scratch, which as a laid back club is not what we want. If every one has one slot we all have chance to share, but we still have 100 bonus slots to give to the best cars. In other words, the better tuners can share more cars but we all still get to enjoy the sharing part of the club

ThrowMeAHotdog
Forum Admin

https://u2sc.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:07 pm

I am more than happy to tune & Paint cars for the monthly series races.... Just let me know...
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:51 pm

I'm fine with the 1 car per person. As the next few weeks go by I will probably be removing non active members. I put out a message last night and it seemed to help get a few of the members to register as evident by our member counter. il give everyone time but if I see that some people aren't active on forza anymore then I'm going to give their spot to some one else.
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by CASH XRS Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:23 pm

I'll make sure to take mine down next time I am on. Not tuned at all really so I don't want to take up space. I'm honestly fine with whatever. Obviously people will have different ideas of "tuned". So maybe if the admins or the really active members deem a car not tuned enough or something, speak with the tuners for help or politely ask that member to take it down and work on it a little more? Just a thought.
CASH XRS
CASH XRS
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down