[ 4 ]
18% 18% 
[ 2 ]
45% 45% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Election Day

Post by xraydash on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:43 am

Not looking for any heated discussion here. Everyone believes what they're going to believe and no one's mind is going to be (or necessarily needs to be) changed. Just a quick, anonymous poll to see where U2SC members' heads are at for this US election. I grant you temporary citizenship if you happen to not be a US resident and care to participate.
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Re: Election Day

Post by BiggLou55 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:35 am

I'm interested to see the results on this... Wink

My Video Library (thread) - In the Pits with Bigglou55 (YouTube)
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:40 am

I haven't been following US Politics at all.

So therefore, my vote would be uninformed.
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by joekorn on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:25 pm

Indeed, this will be interesting.

And my vote here is unfortunately the only one I casted. Had a procedure done on my back this morning, and I'm not feeling up to leaving the house.

joekorn
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sniper 213 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:26 pm

Obamney.

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:53 pm

I obviously can't vote, but I wouldn't vote even if I could... I think they are both scumbags...

nubrocket wrote:Beef's Jeep coming off the line is like a fat kid rushing to the front of the lunch line
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:35 pm

I laughed so much when I saw this:

nubrocket wrote:Beef's Jeep coming off the line is like a fat kid rushing to the front of the lunch line
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:00 pm

beefsupreme42 wrote:I obviously can't vote, but I wouldn't vote even if I could... I think they are both scumbags...
I'm not aiming this at you beef, you just opened the door. People need to realize that they have more options than just democratic or republican. We get so tied up in labeling ourselves based on who we vote for that we don't see that those 2 labels do more to segregate us as a nation than they could ever do at bringing us together. When you make "groups" you divide people which leads to neither side budging even if the other side has a better stance/view. I'll never say that I republican or democratic because every election I try to vote for the person with the best plan for the nation as a whole.

Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:49 pm

And of course there are other issues and layers of government (state, local) to vote on as well. For example, in my backwards ass state we only last year made it legal to buy alcohol on Sundays. From there it's up to each county to decide. So, part of the ballot today was whether or not my county was going to allow Sunday sales. I don't really drink much anymore but I sure as hell wouldn't deny someone else that choice.

The presidential election gets the most noise but it's the people and decisions that most directly affect you and your community that you definitely should have some say in. It's your civic duty to vote!
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by FraidKn0t on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:03 pm

Now how are you gonna try and lump together the Libertarian party with the Green party????

I strongly oppose many qualities of both front-runners... voted Johnson FTW
--- Libertarian = Maximum Freedom, Minimum Government (fiscal conservatism without the discrimination)

... Fraid-So
FraidKn0t
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:23 pm

FraidKn0t wrote:Now how are you gonna try and lump together the Libertarian party with the Green party????

I strongly oppose many qualities of both front-runners... voted Johnson FTW
--- Libertarian = Maximum Freedom, Minimum Government (fiscal conservatism without the discrimination)
Dude you are in line for a promotion! lol. I voted Johnson as well.

Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:15 am

Uh-oh. Now we might get some heated discussion. I'll just say I am not exactly impressed by the Libertarian agenda and leave it at that.
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:20 am

Lowflyinmx3 wrote:
beefsupreme42 wrote:I obviously can't vote, but I wouldn't vote even if I could... I think they are both scumbags...
I'm not aiming this at you beef, you just opened the door. People need to realize that they have more options than just democratic or republican. We get so tied up in labeling ourselves based on who we vote for that we don't see that those 2 labels do more to segregate us as a nation than they could ever do at bringing us together. When you make "groups" you divide people which leads to neither side budging even if the other side has a better stance/view. I'll never say that I republican or democratic because every election I try to vote for the person with the best plan for the nation as a whole.
thats what I don't like - you are given multiple choices, but its only going to be either the republican or the democrat. it would be nice to see people vote for what they feel is right instead of voting for whichever party they have always voted for (doing that makes no sense to me). Its about time the other options got some more recognition because most of the independents, libertarians, etc are much better options than the main 2 candidates - the only problem is that they don't get enough publicity. I hugely support your decision to vote for what you feel is the best plan. its nice to see that people support their votes with reasonable factors.

beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by joekorn on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:21 am

True, and I think the younger generations are getting fed up with the partisan crap both of the Big 2 espouse. I 'claim' to be Republican (since they make you choose in order to vote in primaries), but I certainly don't believe in all of their doctrine, and always end up with a ballot that's all over the place. I also vote Libertarian at times, they have some great ideas, but I'd be a little concerned about how a Libertarian in a high office could get much accomplished with so much resistance from both sides. Oh well, I'm holding out hope that in my lifetime we see a major reformation of the political parties.

(soap box now being thrown back in the garage Surprised)

joekorn
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:45 am

Johnson here as well... cannot stand where our 2-party system has gone.

BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FraidKn0t on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:16 pm

This thread has given me some hope for our country, just hope more people will start to vote for who they really think is the best choice instead of voting to prevent "the other guy" from winning

Edit - Must blow off some steam... I have been so annoyed at my Republican friends who have all felt the need to tell me I wasted my vote

... Fraid-So
FraidKn0t
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:37 pm

I get the same from the people I know on both sides.... A vote is never wasted... It's my voice...

BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum