[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steering wheel

5 posters

Go down

Steering wheel Empty Steering wheel

Post by WHY Y0U MAD BRO Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:48 am

How many people use a steering wheel in forza and which do you use? Do you use it all the time? I have never used one so was just looking for some opinions.

WHY Y0U MAD BRO
Senior Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Steering wheel Empty Re: Steering wheel

Post by U2SCDoli Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:58 am

If you've got the money to spare you can't go wrong with a Fanatec. I've got a MS FFB Racing wheel and I don't use it a whole lot because I've been racing with the controller for so many years that I'm really used to it; for me it's about the fun and being a little more authentic, but wheel vs. controller is entirely personal preference.
U2SCDoli
U2SCDoli
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:13 am

I have a Fanatec and I use it pretty exclusively for Forza 4. For Forza Horizon I use the controller most often, but I'll use the wheel every now and then.

This behavior is due to the recommendation of not using the wheel for over an hour at a time. That's easy to control in FM4, with lobby wait times and such, but in Horizon you can sit down and lose an entire day of constant driving if you're not careful.

If you do a Forum search for 'Fanatec', you'll find the threads where we've done a lot of wheel talk.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:34 pm

I have a Fanatec CSR and I love it in FM4... But... Since moving my Xbox to my office and playing on a much smaller monitor, I find myself using the controller for FM4 most of the time... I'll break out the wheel every now and then, but, until I get a 32" 1080p monitor/TV in my office, I need to stick with the controller... For FH, it's the controller all the way... The wheel is fun, but navigating the menus with the wheel are a pain in the ass...

On a side note.... FM4 was not originally coded with a wheel in mind... As such, a wheel will not be as competitive as the controller. That said, the wheel is definitely more fun, especially when you get the tune right. There is a difference between a tune for the controller and a tune for the wheel. As a matter of fact, that is why my tunes are usually much tighter than those built for the controller. Since the NORMAL steering setting (when using the controller) limits how far the steering will go left to right (you cannot go lock to lock while moving if using the controller - Test it out while in cockpit mode!).... With the wheel on NORMAL steering, the lock to lock limits are removed, and default to the degree setting of the wheel... SIMULATION is just WAY too sensitive, but I may go back and play with my wheel and game settings... I've heard that a 360 to 720 lock to lock (SEN) setting works better than default (which is OFF on the wheel and defaults to the Xbox default of 270 degrees).. We'll see... Very Happy
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:33 pm

I use the wireless speed wheel for both games and really like it. It's down to $30 now at a lot of places. Two inconveniences though- 1) You need a wireless headset since it doesn't have anywhere to plug in a jack and 2) No shoulder buttons, which makes it a pain to navigate some menus in FM4.
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down