DELAYED - Bond, James Bond

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DELAYED - Bond, James Bond

Post by marmuttlebow on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:43 pm

So I apparently signed up for this month. And I honestly have put 0 effort into this. So, this will be what I'm thinking, and then depending on how big of an ass I want to be, I may incorporate people's suggestions.

So, here goes.

Week 1: Sean Connery - I haven't looked at his movies, the only car that comes to mind is the DB5. I'm sure there are others. Any car from his movies are eligible. I'm thinking A class. The race will be held where it's "reasonably" close to where one of the movies take place.

Week 2: Roger Moore - Same as above. Just Roger Moore movies. A-Class

Week 3: Pierce Brosnan - S Class

Week 4: Daniel Craig - S or R3

Race format:
2 x 8 lap races (give or take. No more than 15 minutes each race). No qualifier. Just random grid ordering for both heats. I don't want no sandbagging.

What I'm thinking is for the race, you have one rabbit. He can be either Bond or the bad guy. Everybody else will be the opposite. And then your points earned are based on how much you beat/ lose to the rabbit. This will enable the throw-away of your worst score. Or, if you're the rabbit one week, then your other 3 weeks count.

For bonus points, we will still have the rabbit. This will be an off-shoot of cat-n-mouse. Around the same track, in-car view, manual shift, no lines, no assists. Points will be awarded for how much everybody manages to delay the rabbit when compared to his best time.

So, here's an example:

Week 1, driver one beat the rabbit by 6 seconds. So he's got 6 points. Driver 4 got beat by 8 seconds. So driver 4 has -8 points. This is all relative. I'm still up in the air as to best time or taking both heats.

For the bonus, depending on how this turns out, I may set the bonus points in 10 second intervals or something like that. Example: Rabbit sets a time of 1:30 during the race. During the bonus round, everybody has managed to delay the rabbit to a time of 2:30. Based on the 10 second interval, everybody gets 6 bonus points.

Thoughts?
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Re: DELAYED - Bond, James Bond

Post by U2SCDoli on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:28 pm

Semi-complex but sounds like a ton of fun.

Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:28 pm

definitely an interesting setup for the points, but it would be nice to have a list of the cars we can use. also, are we starting this week or next week?

nubrocket wrote:Beef's Jeep coming off the line is like a fat kid rushing to the front of the lunch line
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:43 pm

OK, I'll get you the list shortly. Hopefully tonight (not sure, gots works to do).

And I'm thinking starting next week. This week technically is still February. Consider it your Spring Break - U2SC style.
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by joekorn on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:41 am

I'll be gone for a couple weeks on vacation but really hope I can make some of these, think it's a fun concept. After having such a great month w/making races in Jan., this month has been terrible. Everybody getting sick, finally getting some work done on my book, and then saying to hell with it and planning a trip to warmer climes. Since we're skipping this week, think I'll only be gone for one race. No terrible accent and Trebek jokes for me though Sad

joekorn
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfman115 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:29 pm

I picked up a pretty sweet James Bond painted car in the auction house a week or two ago, im hoping i can use it. Its an old aston of some sort.
wolfman115
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by asus50x on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:56 am

I made a list of cars for the march series. I need the best car available
just to compete with you guys.

Sean Connery, Aston martin DB5, Lincoln Continental, Ford Country squire, Ford Thunderbird, 65 Ford Mustang, Ford fairlane.

Roger Moore, Alfa Romeo GTV-6., MGB, Range Rover, Chevy Nova, !996 Covette (C4), Lotus Esprit turbo.
Pierce Brosnan, Aston Martin DB5, Jaguar XJR, V12 vanquish, BMW Z3,
BMW Z8

Danial Craig, Aston Martin DB5, Range Rover, Ford FA. Running his cars in S or R3 is rather silly.
I liked George Lazenby, who did a few bond movies way back in the 60's he drives a Mercury Cougar and the Mach 1.

feel free to add or detract from this list, I took several liberties with car model and year to make up this list.
all the bonds have interesting rides with the exception of danial Craig.
But hey, maybe driving a range rover against a Ford KA in R3 might be fun.

asus50x
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joekorn on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:39 pm

Awesome, thanks Menes. Have been meaning to do that but never remember when I actually have the time.

Craig also briefly drove a 2012 Merc. S-Class in Skyfall. No good analog for it in-game, but think the 2010 CL 65 AMG retains the sporty 4-door sedan theme.

I just learned that the former Stig, Ben Collins, did most of the driving in the past two Bond movies. How about that.

Edit: If I find the time tonight, I may try to put together your list (Menes) with the specific years and Forza model so there isn't any confusion if multiple variations exist.

joekorn
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by asus50x on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:56 am

I watched skyfall last night. It was a good Bond movie

asus50x
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:41 pm

are we even doing this tonight?

nubrocket wrote:Beef's Jeep coming off the line is like a fat kid rushing to the front of the lunch line
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:56 pm

I'm sorry. I have seriously dropped the ball on this one.

Who knew life would get in the way? Between work, family and health, I haven't given this much further thought. Beef, if you host a lobby and do whatever, I'm good with it. I'm sorry, just haven't had any time lately.

If you've got some idea for the month have at it. I'm pulling a Case here and pretty much bailing on my series.
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by asus50x on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:37 pm

so this months series in dead in the water then

asus50x
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:39 pm

ok I suppose I could come up with something for next week. just let me know if we are going to do this or not, because I think I have a pretty good idea right now...

beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:38 pm

I will leave it to you.

Me, I'd have a GTA challenge. A race but u have to have a passenger. If your passenger bails, you lose. Wonder how many members have gta?
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top