The trouble with horned horses

Go down

The trouble with horned horses Empty The trouble with horned horses

Post by swviper on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:29 pm

So I got 2 unicorn cars yesterday, the Mines and the 07 Shelby (sorry not trying to rub anything in)

The Mine's everyone is all ga-ga about in the forums...honestly, it's probably the worst handling pos I have driven in this game....I mean the 59 Caddy is bad, but it handles like you expect it to at least. First thing I did yesterday was take it out 'stock' and did some laps on the April VIP Rivals....sucked. Couldn't get close to 'ghost' (to be fair the ghost is Converge...so y'know tough to beat anyways). I was closer with the 'in game' R34, and it drove way nicer.
So, I take off the tune, upgrade it to full S700, tune it a bit (couldn't get everything, cuz I didn't have Excel handy), same if not worse. So maybe it's just me..jump into the 'in game' R34, and immediately, I'm close again.

I'm not expecting unicorn cars to be 'game changers' or have an uber advantage over in game cars, but if they are not at least 'as good'....aside from not being in game...what is point?
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

The trouble with horned horses Empty Re: The trouble with horned horses

Post by BiggLou55 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:48 pm

I think everyone is gaga over the livery and the Drifting capabilities... Wink
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:51 pm

It's more (from my perspective) the rarity of the car (in game).

And then there are those that are just die-hard fans of whichever car.

I fall into the former. Just want the car for the rarity. Not really much of a fan of any car really.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:57 pm

I am usually a title collector, but with the Unicorns, I'll take what I get & drive what I like. So far, I only have the Camaro SS, and I actually really like it tuned at B500. It's nothing spectacular, and it looks almost identical to the Z28 save the default livery (I killed that Rampage crap quick), and the SS badges...

Point is.... I like cars... a lot... More than most even... but... There are plenty of non-unicorn cars in FM4 that I love, so if a challenge is too time consuming or difficult (like the ZR-1 on Indy last month) I just throw in the towel and move on to other more enjoyable aspects of the game! Very Happy
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow on Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:57 pm

HA!

It's not the difficulty that stops me. I mean I had never spent as much time chasing a car as I did with that Ladera one. And well, this past week was just a bad week. I made a half-assed attempt at the AutoX event. I'm sure if I put more time into it I could've done it. But I just didn't have time this week.

Things have lightened up a little. So here's hoping I can do it.

Sorry, tangent there.

I'm not excited about the Unicorn that's up as a reward. That doesn't mean anything. It's just the challenge itself. That's the fun part of it to me.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:03 pm

^^what he said

I haven't really tried either the gt500 or the mines but I'm pretty sure they're not too special...just "rare" Forza 4 cars thats all.

There's usually also a challenge that comes along with getting the unicorn so I'm always up for a challenge and this months autocross thing was definitely the toughest he had so far. But beat the challenge or not, you're still getting tons of driving time and that'll improve your racing anyways. Plus you get the free xp/cr just for running the rivals mode event.

I'm almost a collect everything/anything/all things possible and dont get rid of anything kind of gamer. So I'll take any car that doesn't involved me spending my credits lol.

Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down