What assists do you still use?

Go down

What assists do you still use?

What assists do you still use? I_vote_lcap16%What assists do you still use? I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 4 ]
What assists do you still use? I_vote_lcap36%What assists do you still use? I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 9 ]
What assists do you still use? I_vote_lcap4%What assists do you still use? I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
What assists do you still use? I_vote_lcap24%What assists do you still use? I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 6 ]
What assists do you still use? I_vote_lcap0%What assists do you still use? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What assists do you still use? I_vote_lcap12%What assists do you still use? I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]
What assists do you still use? I_vote_lcap8%What assists do you still use? I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 25

What assists do you still use? Empty What assists do you still use?

Post by BiggLou55 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:34 pm

I know there is another thread that discusses this topic, but I wanted to throw up a poll in the event there are those that wish to remain anonymous when admitting to assists...

I will kick it off and select the two I still use.... "Racing Line: Full" and "Trans: Manual (auto-clutch)" ... I am working up the courage to go to "Racing Line: Braking" and I don't think I'll ever drop that... Wink But... you never know! Very Happy
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

What assists do you still use? Empty Re: What assists do you still use?

Post by beefsupreme42 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:50 pm

I usually just use the manual transmission, but I think I'm going to make the jump to manual with clutch for the race at infineon
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:12 pm

TCS on R2 and R1, it'll be on when I'm using R3 if the car is too loose. I had the Full line on when I started FM4 until I learned the tracks more, then I kept pushing and pushing and see if there was any part of the line that I could take differently...and when I figured that out I went to braking line only.
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:47 pm

Braking line and TCS for R classes. Sometimes I'll use TCS for S class, like with that horrible Corvette on the March KOTT. Depends on the car. I should probably use full racing line because I kinda suck. Razz I don't like all that visual "noise" cluttering up the track though.
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by ThrowMeAHotdog on Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:34 am

Why is there no option for "none because im totaly awesome?"

Obviously im joking, I generally suck when I race a new track, I just prefer to get used to my car on a track I know and work from there. I used the line a few times but it usually has you still braking into a corner where you could be back on the gas.

ThrowMeAHotdog
Forum Admin

https://u2sc.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by MFKR RAMBO on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:51 pm

I use full line and manual with auto clutch. There are a few tracks that I feel comfortable not running the line like Laguna Seca and Tsukuba. The rest I know some sections enough to get my by but not the whole track. I have tried the manual with clutch but my timing is still horrible and I still forget to use the clutch half the time. I need to get it figured out but it might take me till mid summer when I have money saved up for a csr setup.
MFKR RAMBO
MFKR RAMBO
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by swviper on Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:37 am

Like most so far, depends on the class, and car. 'Braking line only' is the only one I consistently use, and if it's on a track I know, I'll turn it off if I remember as it 'feels faster'. If the 'real world' car has TCS, I'll turn it on, or if the real world car SHOULD have TCS (ie: Vette in the KOTT challenge) it gets turned on as well.
For the classic R1's like the Mazda and the Toyota, I leave TCS off...I also still suck at driving them...so normally I will drop the difficulty of the AI down to match my skill first, then if I still can't be competitive, I'll start adding assists.

When using controller, auto clutch, with wheel, manual w/clutch....I just love how it feels to be mashing pedals bounce But again, if I'm driving a newer GT car....Vette/Ferrari/(soon Porsche I hope) I'll run auto clutch and use the paddles on the wheel...cuz they are using them now in the real world.

I wish there was a 'drift' assist option. I'm trying to get more into that aspect of the game, but can't seem to get 'proficient' at it with either the wheel or the controller. I can drift with 'regular' cars better than I can with an actual drift car.
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by Insanefrank on Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:57 am

I only use the Braking line. The only time I had to turn the TCS on in the last months was everytime I try to drive a Corvette. Even the steering is set to simulation if I switch it to normal I can't drive anymore.
Insanefrank
Insanefrank
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:00 am

I wish there was a 'drift' assist option. I'm trying to get more into that aspect of the game, but can't seem to get 'proficient' at it with either the wheel or the controller. I can drift with 'regular' cars better than I can with an actual drift car.

I've tried many times to drift with the wheel on 900 degrees as I always thought it'd be pretty fun whipping the wheel around and catching the slide, but I just can't get the hang of it in a drift car, sometimes I'll be able to do it in a regular car and just powersliding it around corners, but I'm just so used to 270 degrees that I might never get used to 900 Sad
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:51 am

Markve91 wrote:

I've tried many times to drift with the wheel on 900 degrees as I always thought it'd be pretty fun whipping the wheel around and catching the slide, but I just can't get the hang of it in a drift car, sometimes I'll be able to do it in a regular car and just powersliding it around corners, but I'm just so used to 270 degrees that I might never get used to 900 Sad

Forza was designed around 270d steering... Try increasing the acceleration on the wheel. That should allow you to go lock to lock much faster....

Honestly.... I have never really seen the point of Drifting. I think it's neat and an excellent display of car control, but as a form of racing, for me, it's right up there with Monster Trucks and WWE Wrestling. A lot of flash, crash and pop, but not much else. I'd rather watch NASCAR, and I don't even like NASCAR all that much (they are very skilled drivers, but something about racing around in a circle just does not get me going).

I wish that FM4 had some open-wheel racers and more GT cars and even some Funny cars and open wheel dragsters... Not to mention some WRC courses and cars....
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:01 pm

Yeah I definitely wouldnt consider drifting a form of racing since you're really not racing anyways. I'd consider it just a more exciting way to get around a track. I tried to watch a formula D event once, and I couldn't watch for more than 5 mins, I guess its just not as fun to watch as it is to do.

I wish that FM4 had some open-wheel racers and more GT cars

hopefully they put more of these in sometime, it would really add something to the game. But I've always got F1 2011 if I need an "open wheel" fix. Hope to get my hands on Dirt 3 Complete Edition soon so I can get my rally fix..
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:06 pm

Just run with the full line. All other assists off here.

And steering is "normal".

I guess I should take the time to know the tracks. Then I could turn the line off. I didn't do TOO bad on Kaido. And that kinda showed me that I didn't really need the line. However, still not brave enough. I'd guess that I could at least take the guide down to braking line. Not like any of these tracks are mysteries to me now.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:43 pm

So.... As of last night, I am now using just the braking line... I LOVE IT.... I didn't realize how distracting that thing is and how much time I spent staring at it. When I was running hot laps on Laguna Seca last night, I was actually noticing features and braking points on the track. There is a great turn by turn driving guid on the official Laguna Seca page, and I was able to use the landmarks, braking points and turn-in points it called out. As usual, I cannot believe how long I kept that damn thing on... I still like the braking line, and I may eventually turn that off on tracks that I know. Since there is no "real" feel in any racing game, the braking line helps me visually see or "feel" my approach and speed. Since the "virtual" feel is tied to your ears and eyes, the second I glance at the tach/speedo I lose feel.... I wish there was an option to move the speedo and tach around on the HUD.

I've also switched to front bumper view. It's how I used to race in GranTurismo, and the tach is not washed out when driving a Red car (annoying). IMHO, we need a second more zoomed in cockpit view. That one I would definitely use...!
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum