[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May community monthly class

+8
Fischs3
swviper
MaGiCo UK
Markve91
BiggLou55
xraydash
Insanefrank
beefsupreme42
12 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

May community monthly class - Page 5 Empty Re: May community monthly class

Post by BiggLou55 Wed May 30, 2012 10:56 am

marmuttlebow wrote:
beefsupreme42 wrote:
BiggLou55 wrote:I will be running against Southern or Beef now since they do not have ghosts (I HATE ghosts)
Its probably a good thing that I don't have a ghost, the line I take is usually terrible! Very Happy

I will disagree on the ghosts. That's one of the best ways to learn. Yeah, you can watch the replay. But racing that ghost really helps. You can learn what others are doing, see where you're losing time, see where you're gaining time, etc.

Aside from the "pressure", it's a great tool. I for one love it. However, if there was an option to not race ghosts, that'd be good.

As an example, Lou, you are braking too early for turn 5 (the long left). I know I gained a lot of ground from you there. And at the uphill section, I'm guessing you let up(?), you lost more ground there. Without a ghost, I wouldn't be able to point this out to you. And you might not be able to see where you are losing time.

Granted, I do watch replays as well. Gives an idea of what I could/ should be doing.

Oh believe me I know I had a horrible lap, but it was still fast... I think on my ghost lap I shifted into 6th at the bottom of the hill... After watching Fank's replay, that's wht he did... On other laps I shifted out of 5th at the top before the covered bridge...

I agree on the replays as a way to learn, but the ghost just gets in the way.... It especially sucks when you are approaching turn in and the ghost pops through and obscures your view of the line! I like the option to turn it off, so that's why I look for the guys that do not have replays when doing rivals... Very Happy
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Wed May 30, 2012 11:45 am

Still suffering through racing heebie jeebies?

While the ghost does obscure the line a little, by the time I'm racing the ghost I've got a general idea of where I want/ need to be. The popping up out of nowhere, while disconcerting at first is nothing. You get used to it. Or, you keep hammering at it trying to figure out how the hell they're getting so much speed there.

I can feel your pain about it being in the way at times. Still would rather an option of not having the ghost than just not seeing one period.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Wed May 30, 2012 11:49 am

No heebie jeebies... I was able to race and beat Magics ghost in 6 laps... It's in the friggin way... Early on I'm far enough ahead that it doesn't matter... By the time I get to the 100k or 150k range of rivals, victory is measured by millimeters at times, and being distracted by the ghost moving THROUGH your car is enough to kill your time.... By then I know what lines I should be taking, and just need to settle in and hotlap!
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Wed May 30, 2012 12:37 pm

marmuttlebow wrote:As an example, Lou, you are braking too early for turn 5 (the long left).
You can hold off on the brakes at that corner for a really long time. I don't think I can save my ghost, but it would help if I could so I can give you an example of where to brake. I think that I am losing the most time in the uphill section and the first part of the last sector where you can't touch the curbs unless you want to end up on your roof. I always enter really wide on the uphill sweeping section and I don't shift down. It is hard to keep the car from sliding around at the exit.
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Wed May 30, 2012 1:42 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:No heebie jeebies... I was able to race and beat Magics ghost in 6 laps... It's in the friggin way... Early on I'm far enough ahead that it doesn't matter... By the time I get to the 100k or 150k range of rivals, victory is measured by millimeters at times, and being distracted by the ghost moving THROUGH your car is enough to kill your time.... By then I know what lines I should be taking, and just need to settle in and hotlap!

You like Beef, have patience. I kinda zoned out last night trying to beat Sh0's time. So I'm not sure how many laps I ran. I think 5 or 6 laps. Maybe. But I know that in the beginning I would turn 2 laps and be done with it. Rarely do I do 3 laps. Perhaps the prospect of a reward helps. Actually, it does help. Otherwise I wouldn't put that much more effort into it.

Still have yet to earn that achievement for posting a time on every rival event. One of these days. But these club races are hindering that. I've got 2 maybe 3 races to go in season mode. Just haven't found the time.

Since you can't affect ghosts, ignore it. So what if it comes through your car. Do the same and go through it. Smile

That's one way I've learned (via hotlapping - not rivals). Not that I've gone back to it. But when entering into hotlapping mode, when it puts up 2 ghosts, you learn and "memorize" where you want to be. Who knew a game would require so much effort. This "avergage joe" crap is gonna be thrown out the window if we all keep up like this.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Wed May 30, 2012 1:51 pm

marmuttlebow wrote:
BiggLou55 wrote:No heebie jeebies... I was able to race and beat Magics ghost in 6 laps... It's in the friggin way... Early on I'm far enough ahead that it doesn't matter... By the time I get to the 100k or 150k range of rivals, victory is measured by millimeters at times, and being distracted by the ghost moving THROUGH your car is enough to kill your time.... By then I know what lines I should be taking, and just need to settle in and hotlap!

You like Beef, have patience. I kinda zoned out last night trying to beat Sh0's time. So I'm not sure how many laps I ran. I think 5 or 6 laps. Maybe. But I know that in the beginning I would turn 2 laps and be done with it. Rarely do I do 3 laps. Perhaps the prospect of a reward helps. Actually, it does help. Otherwise I wouldn't put that much more effort into it.

Still have yet to earn that achievement for posting a time on every rival event. One of these days. But these club races are hindering that. I've got 2 maybe 3 races to go in season mode. Just haven't found the time.

Since you can't affect ghosts, ignore it. So what if it comes through your car. Do the same and go through it. Smile

That's one way I've learned (via hotlapping - not rivals). Not that I've gone back to it. But when entering into hotlapping mode, when it puts up 2 ghosts, you learn and "memorize" where you want to be. Who knew a game would require so much effort. This "avergage joe" crap is gonna be thrown out the window if we all keep up like this.

Why you gotta go and tell everyone how to do it man!!? Just let us do it our way... Razz

I do not have fun with a ghost in my face, so I choose not to run against one if I can! Wink
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SouthernFist7 Wed May 30, 2012 1:52 pm

Average joe crap, lol
SouthernFist7
SouthernFist7
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Wed May 30, 2012 1:53 pm

FINE!!! BE THAT WAY!!!!

If you can deal with the ghost, then you can deal with some moron in front or behind you in a race. Learn to ignore 'em (to an extent).

You don't want my help, fine. I shall pack my bags and find another club ... wait ... no .. YOU GO FIND ANOTHER CLUB. Start a "NO GHOST RACINGZ" or something.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Wed May 30, 2012 1:55 pm

marmuttlebow wrote:FINE!!! BE THAT WAY!!!!

If you can deal with the ghost, then you can deal with some moron in front or behind you in a race. Learn to ignore 'em (to an extent).

You don't want my help, fine. I shall pack my bags and find another club ... wait ... no .. YOU GO FIND ANOTHER CLUB. Start a "NO GHOST RACINGZ" or something.

Why do you have to be so sensitive? All I want to do is play the game my way, and here you are getting all upset and stuff. I'm not taking your advice... GET OVER IT!! Very Happy
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Wed May 30, 2012 1:56 pm

SouthernFist7 wrote:Average joe crap, lol

It's turning out that way though isn't it? Races are getting closer and closer.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Wed May 30, 2012 1:57 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:
Why do you have to be so sensitive? All I want to do is play the game my way, and here you are getting all upset and stuff. I'm not taking your advice... GET OVER IT!! Very Happy

I'm just trying to help. Your way sucks. That's why I'm helping. But you don't want it, fine, don't take it.

I won't get over it. I'm now hurt. I will now be aiming to punting Lou. I'm sure Low will allow me this...[/abuse of power].
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Wed May 30, 2012 2:09 pm

marmuttlebow wrote:
BiggLou55 wrote:

I'm just trying to help. Your way sucks. That's why I'm helping. But you don't want it, fine, don't take it.

I won't get over it. I'm now hurt. I will now be aiming to punting Lou. I'm sure Low will allow me this...[/abuse of power].

Wow.... [woman]Fine I will never ask you for help ever again! Especially if you are going to act this way about it![/woman] Razz

You seriously need to get over it... Seriously... I respect that you feel my way sucks, but it works for me!... That' what counts in my book... I could care less what you book says... Unless of course there are naked pictures of Olivia Wilde in it, then I'm very interested!
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Wed May 30, 2012 3:21 pm

Really, just Olivia Wilde? Too much Tron?

And I'm all good. Not hung up, I don't think. Lemme check, nah, I'm good. Whatever works for you. Did my lack of smilies make it appear I was hard up or something?
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Wed May 30, 2012 4:22 pm

marmuttlebow wrote:Really, just Olivia Wilde? Too much Tron?

And I'm all good. Not hung up, I don't think. Lemme check, nah, I'm good. Whatever works for you. Did my lack of smilies make it appear I was hard up or something?

You thought I was serious? Really.... LOL....

And yea Olivia Wilde.... Been a fan of her's since she was on "House".... You have a problem with that? Very Happy
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Wed May 30, 2012 5:41 pm

beefsupreme42 wrote:He just updated his time again to a 1:36.550. We have until thursday to beat this guy so grab frank's NSXR GT from the club garage and give it a try!
Did it, by the skin of my teeth with a 1:36.527. I got really close (1:36.640) after just a few tries from being two seconds off yesterday, but it took me 16 laps after that to beat it. Razz

And yes, Frank, that tune is awesome! Thanks again for sharing.
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Wed May 30, 2012 7:25 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:
marmuttlebow wrote:Really, just Olivia Wilde? Too much Tron?

You thought I was serious? Really.... LOL....

And yea Olivia Wilde.... Been a fan of her's since she was on "House".... You have a problem with that? Very Happy
Don't make me start cracking skulls you two! If I have to get involved, you won't like my method! Twisted Evil

BTW..... If anyone has a book with tasteful photos of emma stone, plus 10 points for next month!
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by SouthernFist7 Wed May 30, 2012 10:15 pm

i'm with you lowflyin on the emma stone thing. i ran into a sunglasses display cvs yesterday because i was distracted by one of her makeup ads.
SouthernFist7
SouthernFist7
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Thu May 31, 2012 4:56 pm

I updated the tune on the lancia. I hope everyone can get a good time out of it
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Thu May 31, 2012 5:04 pm

SouthernFist7 wrote:i'm with you lowflyin on the emma stone thing. i ran into a sunglasses display cvs yesterday because i was distracted by one of her makeup ads.
I know what you mean Southern. She's number 1 on my "freebie 5" list. Cool
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Thu May 31, 2012 5:16 pm

Lowflyinmx3 wrote:
SouthernFist7 wrote:i'm with you lowflyin on the emma stone thing. i ran into a sunglasses display cvs yesterday because i was distracted by one of her makeup ads.
I know what you mean Southern. She's number 1 on my "freebie 5" list. Cool

I can agree, but she did not make it to my list since I have a Niece named Emma who is a redhead... Seemed weird....
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fischs3 Thu May 31, 2012 10:35 pm

marmuttlebow wrote:
beefsupreme42 wrote:
BiggLou55 wrote:I will be running against Southern or Beef now since they do not have ghosts (I HATE ghosts)
Its probably a good thing that I don't have a ghost, the line I take is usually terrible! Very Happy

I will disagree on the ghosts. That's one of the best ways to learn. Yeah, you can watch the replay. But racing that ghost really helps. You can learn what others are doing, see where you're losing time, see where you're gaining

I agree with Marm, the ghosts help me to get a better time. I couldn't catch beef because I did not see where I was gaining or losing time, great time by the way. The only time that I find ghosts distracting is in autocross rival races.

Marm, I just looked at the leaderboard, 3 thousandths of a second separated us, what does that translate into on the finish line? Half a foot, less?
Fischs3
Fischs3
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:23 am

COME ON T10 IT HAS BEEN OVER A MONTH AND A HALF NOW, WHERE THE HECK IS MY D-TYPE?!?!?!?!
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5