Car Packs - Buy or Not to Buy

Go down

Car Packs - Buy or Not to Buy Empty Car Packs - Buy or Not to Buy

Post by CASH XRS on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:13 pm

Just wondering if you guys buy the whole pack or not? I am cool with buying the whole Porsche collection. But other car packs, there are usually a few in there I know I will never use. So I was thinking of just buy cars at a time. Just wondering what other guys do?
CASH XRS
CASH XRS
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Car Packs - Buy or Not to Buy Empty Re: Car Packs - Buy or Not to Buy

Post by BiggLou55 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:20 pm

I picked up the season pass back in January when I picked up the game... At least for me it was well worth it... The season pass provides all expansions through April. Unfortunately, the Porsche expansion is not part of the season pass (at least not at this time). Since Porsche was originally supposed to be in the game, I'm hoping that season passers and VIP's are gifted the Porsche pack... Wink
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:50 pm

I too grabbed the Season pass when it was on sale over xmas.

That being said, a season pass gives you a "deal" where you save money over buying each pack on its own.

It's all personal choice really. If you don't see any value in picking up a pack, then it's just not worth it to you. *Not knocking you or trying to sound mean*. There's no right answer here. Just up to you. Of the cars I drove last night, while I might not want some of those cars, I could see myself eventually buying one in-game and tweaking with it. I definitely want the country squire (the wagon). For no other reason just because it was fun throwing everything you've done out the window. Big heavy car, no brakes, bicycle tires. Fun fun fun.

For me, I'd like to get that 1 series, but my cheap ass won't let me pick it up. All the other launch cars I either have or don't care for.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:51 pm

I've picked up the season pass from before and I'll say it was worth the money. The new cars I have managed to tune and play with I've enjoyed. I'll admit though there are some cars I haven't even tried out yet but when I get around to it I'm sure I'll find a place for those other cars in my garage.

If you're looking to add some variety to the availability of cars then I say go for it! I only got a chance to really try out the Ferrari 312P yesterday. I don't really race R1, but that thing is insanely fast and grippy for a car of its age Razz
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:09 pm

I got a season pass and also bought the the Launch Bonus Pack. I'll certainly pick up the Porsche pack as well. I want all the cars!

I've been working on the events "bucket list" and it's just fun having so many options. For example, I grabbed that Nova from the March pack last night and had a great time running circuits/drags. It handles surprisingly well for a muscle car.

There are, of course, more than enough cars offered even without the add-on packs. It would drive me nuts though knowing there were cars I didn't have access to (like those damn unicorns.)
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by CASH XRS on Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:11 pm

Yeah, I know there are definitely cars out there I would love to have and there are others I'm ehh about so we'll see. I'm also terrible at tuning so I could take advantage only so much lol.
CASH XRS
CASH XRS
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:25 pm

cash xrs wrote:......I'm also terrible at tuning so I could take advantage only so much lol.

Go to this thread and download Slave Munkey and team's Spreadsheet. It will give you good base tunes, and there are also instructional videos... Wink

forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/1/4859908/ShowThread.aspx
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fischs3 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:01 pm

I bought the season pass mostly because I hate when a game says that I can't do something that I can see. Such as, in Rivals, you cannot compete in this event until you download the November car pack. I only received that message once because right after getting it the first time, I bought the season pass. Overall, I would say the first couple of packs were a let down until the February and March packs. February was IMHO the best so far. As for the Porsche pack coming free to season pass holders or VIP's, I would love it but I highly doubt it as Microsoft see guys like me coming all the time. I already know that I will buy the pack regardless of how much it costs.
Fischs3
Fischs3
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DougieManCan on Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:51 am

Hi Guys,

I bought the season pack in Feb and can honeslty say it was worth ever penny.

For me, regular car updates keeps the intertest alive plus when you get cars like the ferrari 458 competizione to race with its even better.

DougieManCan
Forum Member

http://www.moto-5.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CASH XRS on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:55 am

Well gys it looks like I will probably buy the season pass. Last night while we were racing there was a blacked out Jetta and I thought that was cool. Until we raced on Sebring and the Mouse was a Nova and since I don't have the pack, the blacked out Jetta came up again. Can't have that, drives me nuts haha.
CASH XRS
CASH XRS
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 on Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:28 pm

Not to mention we couldn't play soccer because you were hosting and don't have the track!! ;-)
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CASH XRS on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:25 am

BiggLou55 wrote:Not to mention we couldn't play soccer because you were hosting and don't have the track!! ;-)

Ugh I know!!
CASH XRS
CASH XRS
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:31 am

I just bought the season pass myself. Finally broke down and got me some MS points. First time I've ever bought any extras for a game.
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by swviper on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:07 am

Season's Pass here...don't regret it AT ALL. Yeah, there are a number of cars I will never drive, but by far there are more that I am happy to have.

Porsche pack will be VERY kewl...hoping for some classic racers to put up against the Ferrari's Very Happy
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:07 pm

http://www.forzaplanet.net/select-forza-4-dlc-on-sale-next-week/

For those of you looking to buy maybe 1 or 2 packs or whatever, apparently they'll be discounted next week as a part of an xbox live marketplace deal.
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by CASH XRS on Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:33 pm

Markve91 wrote:http://www.forzaplanet.net/select-forza-4-dlc-on-sale-next-week/

For those of you looking to buy maybe 1 or 2 packs or whatever, apparently they'll be discounted next week as a part of an xbox live marketplace deal.

Sweet! Thanks for that Mark, now here's my question. If I DO buy the season pass, when does that go until and would I just save more if I bought these at those newly discounted prices?
CASH XRS
CASH XRS
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:19 pm

Next month would be the last dlc for the season pass I believe. And you would still save a little bit of cash by getting the season pass. The person who posted it got the values wrong and its not really 50% off...if it was they would be 280 MSP instead of 320 MSP. I guess they really are gearing this more towards people who only want to buy 1 or 2 packs
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by phorzaphanatiq on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:47 am

I'm a little late on the subject here, but I bought the season pass when it came out over the holidays. I've felt it was well worth it.

I look forward to the release of the DLC car packs each month...to see what off the wall stuff they might put in there. When I saw the Pinto and the Dodge Omni I thought I had seen everything...till I saw the Country Squire. THAT was cool. I'm going to start a thread on what cars we'd like to see as DLC (but are unlikely to get).

And don't bust on that Dodge Omni...I proposed to my wife in one of those things. Now THAT'S romantic.

phorzaphanatiq
New Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down