[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'ET Speed & Design' Tunes and WIP

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

'ET Speed & Design' Tunes and WIP  Empty 'ET Speed & Design' Tunes and WIP

Post by Eric21477 Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:44 pm

Most of you know that I am a tuning apprentice, but I figured one way for me to learn is to have people test the stuff out. What better place than here? I'm not ready to try and do customized tunes for people, but I am looking forward to sharing what I have done with you guys Very Happy

In the club garage I currently have the following:

A600 '04 RX8 tuned for the July Series Week 3 Sedona Full R. This car has the potential to be great I think, it's just a bit loose and doesnt respond well to being pushed too hard. The best time I got out of it was 2:33.069

'ET Speed & Design' Tunes and WIP  Forza170

A600 '00 Silvia R Spec tuned for the July Series Week 3 Sedona Full R. This car is fast, but it will be happy to bring the rear to the front if you're not careful. Still pretty easy to drive, best time for me 2:31.872

'ET Speed & Design' Tunes and WIP  Forza169

A600 '02 Soarer 430SCV tuned for the July Series Week 3 Sedona Full R. I think this one is my favorite, not as loose as the Silvia and every bit as fast. It can be pushed pretty hard in the corners without much drama. This car's smooth powerband made it shine for me. The best time for me 2:30.568

'ET Speed & Design' Tunes and WIP  Forza171

C425 '03 Celica tuned for the Oh What A Celica Rivals, but has proved to be a great car for other tracks like Tsukaba. It's a RWD conversion.

'ET Speed & Design' Tunes and WIP  Forza161

C425 '78 Cobra II tuned for Maple Valley Rivals Muscle Challenge, I currently have a time in the top 1000 range on the leaderboards with this one and a replay of it in action in the storefront for those interested. I enjoyed tuning this one, it's a great ride!

'ET Speed & Design' Tunes and WIP  Forza160

In my Storefront now, but free to all members are the following: COMING SOON!

F Class

---------------

E Class

---------------

D Class

---------------

C Class

---------------

B Class

----------------

A Class

----------------

S Class

----------------

Last edited by Eric21477 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:17 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : updated car listing, July week 3 Sedona Full R)
Eric21477
Eric21477
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

'ET Speed & Design' Tunes and WIP  Empty Re: 'ET Speed & Design' Tunes and WIP

Post by Eric21477 Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:12 pm

I am currently tuning the cars for the A class of the July series. I feel good about the Silvia, its fast and holds corners well, the RX8 still needs gear work, but is a nice car to drive, and the Soarer I'm just getting started on but it looks like its going to be a great car to use. I'll let you guys know when they hit the garage.
Eric21477
Eric21477
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:49 pm

Good deal Eric! Glad to see you getting into tuning... I can't wait to test them...

BTW... It looks like it'll be the Silvia and the Soarer out front... Not sure the RX-8 can keep up, but we'll see... Very Happy
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:33 pm

I'll give your cars a little test drive eric! If you need a baseline time or some testing done in your July Series car I'll be happy to provide any feedback. Just let me know which car and what track and I'll do my best to drive the wheels off of it!
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric21477 Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:51 pm

I agree that the RX8 is the slower of the group. It just doesn't seem to have the smooth powerband that the others do. I threw the Soarer together, half-ass tuned it, and I was pleasantly surprised. Hopefully I can finish it up tonight.

I would really appreciate the feedback from you guys!!

Last edited by Eric21477 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eric21477
Eric21477
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:02 pm

With the RX-8 I even took another shot at parts combos... I backed the engine parts down and added a turbo... Same result... Should be interesting though...
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric21477 Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:43 pm

I left mine a little heavy so I could toss some extra stuff at it....didn't help much. I have one other setup to try in mind, we'll see if I can get anything else out of it.
Eric21477
Eric21477
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric21477 Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:16 am

Ok guys, the series cars are in the garage. Let me know what you think, I'm looking forward to seeing what you get out of them Very Happy I updated the first post with new car details and pics.

Last edited by Eric21477 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eric21477
Eric21477
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:09 am

Will be finishing mine up tonight and getting them in the garage.... If I can get them done before the end of the race tonight, we could have a group test of the July cars in the garage!
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:57 pm

I will share my Ford tonight. I was able to get a pretty quick lap with it around stadtplatz without a tune on it (second best lap in the club actually), so it should be a very good lobby racer.
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:51 pm

Well... I have just been informed that tonight is Date night.... Dana and I are going to a movie, so I don't know when I will be on. I will be on though, and it will probably be at some point during the race tonight...
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:24 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:Well... I have just been informed that tonight is Date night.... Dana and I are going to a movie, so I don't know when I will be on. I will be on though, and it will probably be at some point during the race tonight...
we will do a race with frank either tonight or tomorrow between 7 and 9 pm eastern time depending on his preference. you could join one of those if you like
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:26 pm

Oh.... It's not issue bro... I already raced Wednesday... I was referring to testing the tunes for July...
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:27 pm

oh, yeah I forgot about that...
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:25 pm

I'll be writing these up as I test them...I'll be running the 3 cars for 5 laps each on Stadplatz Eric. First 2 laps just getting a feel for the car and the limits and the last 3 trying to go faster and faster each time.

The RX-8: It's just a tad loose but nothing you can't control with some smooth steering/throttle control. It grips nicely if you're patient with it. If you're too throttle happy the back end will slide out and just cost you time. If you get the line right you can take the esses at the end at full throttle without upsetting the car!

Best lap was a 1:28.928

Silvia: Looser than the RX8. I didn't have as much confidence to go fast in this car as I did with the RX8 because I was always worried about keeping the rear end in check. Pretty solid car altogether though. Maybe if it was less lively I could've done better with it, but good car nonetheless. Best lap

Best lap 1:29.393

Soarer:Tighter than the other 2 cars and it felt a little weird to me idk what it was. Like the feeling of the car going light was really exaggerated in this car compared to the other 2. It held its lines good though and a bit of control is needed on the camber/hill parts of the track but its solid. Surprisingly I was slowest with this car but I found I could do lap after lap within .100 seconds of each other.

Fastest lap : 1:29.569

This is just my feedback! We probably have different driving styles/preferences so of course the cars feel different to different people!

Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric21477 Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:33 pm

Markve91 wrote:
Soarer:Tighter than the other 2 cars and it felt a little weird to me idk what it was. Like the feeling of the car going light was really exaggerated in this car compared to the other 2. It held its lines good though and a bit of control is needed on the camber/hill parts of the track but its solid. Surprisingly I was slowest with this car but I found I could do lap after lap within .100 seconds of each other.

I think I have fixed the weird feeling this car had. I was trying to stop it from oversteering on turn exit and had too much toe in the rear. I set the front and rear back to 1/-1 and staggered the tire sizes. Now I just have to figure out what the Silvia needs to tighten up a bit.

Thanks again for the feedback!
Eric21477
Eric21477
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:53 pm

Did you update the car in the garage? I'll give it another go if you have!
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Not to take away from the testing of Eric's cars, but all 9 of mine are up as well...

Eric.. I'll take yours for a spin tonight! Wink
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric21477 Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:31 pm

Markve91 wrote:Did you update the car in the garage? I'll give it another go if you have!

I updated the Soarer and the Silvia this morning. I added additional aero to the Silvia and it seems to have helped out quite a bit, but didnt want to add too much and take away from the speed. Let me know if you get the chance to try them again mark Very Happy
Eric21477
Eric21477
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric21477 Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:33 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:Not to take away from the testing of Eric's cars, but all 9 of mine are up as well...

Eric.. I'll take yours for a spin tonight! Wink

Thanks Lou, I looked through yours this morning and drove the RX8 and the Soarer. Times were very similar to my cars and both are very easy to drive. Nice work once again sir.
Eric21477
Eric21477
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:04 pm

The Silvia feels TONS better now. I wasn't afraid to keep the power on through the turns anymore. Of course a little bit of throttle control is still needed but not as much as before. Little slower best lap but it's definitely more consistent.

best lap : 1:29.877

The Soarer definitely feels better now, much much better. It's probably not as fast as before but the difference is barely noticeable. It doesn't feel weird like before and I think that's important. Fastest lap won't mean much if you're not consistent but you can be pretty consistent and confident in this car.

best lap 1:29.770.

So yeah they all feel pretty good and run similar times, it's up to you which you feel best in!
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric21477 Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:52 pm

Thanks a lot Mark! I knew I would be sacrificing some speed on the Silvia, there may be some changes to be made in the engine department to make up for it. I had to drop the power in the Soarer to stagger the tires, I need to look into boosting that back up a bit as well.

I also put matching paint on all 3 with the 'XX' number plates making them ready for anyone to borrow. I will gladly share the tunes with anyone that needs or wants them as well, so they can be tweaked to personal preferences.
Eric21477
Eric21477
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:26 am

Eric21477 wrote:Thanks a lot Mark! I knew I would be sacrificing some speed on the Silvia, there may be some changes to be made in the engine department to make up for it. I had to drop the power in the Soarer to stagger the tires, I need to look into boosting that back up a bit as well.

I also put matching paint on all 3 with the 'XX' number plates making them ready for anyone to borrow. I will gladly share the tunes with anyone that needs or wants them as well, so they can be tweaked to personal preferences.

Np, they handle much better though and they're definitely more consistent and easier to handle. So you might sacrifice a tenth or five tenths off a fastest lap but overall I think it'd be better to have a more stable slower car
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric21477 Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:28 am

Put a different set of tires on the Soarer so I could bring the power back up. I think that did the trick. My best time dropped from 1:31.8 to 1:31.1 and the car feels really fast!

Gave the same treatment to the Silvia. Decreased and staggered tire size and gave the motor a little more juice. Did some damping adjusting as well. It's definitely faster, still handles great, but its touchy on the throttle in spots. Best time dropped from 1:32.33 to 1:31.68

Last edited by Eric21477 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Eric21477
Eric21477
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:40 am

I just finished giving all three a go...

Soarer: Fast, but the rear end is a bit loose under power on exit, which is scrubbing speed the first sector leading to he downhill and the sector between the bottom of the downhill and the jump. The final section and turn are good.
Suggestion: take .1 out of the Rear Rebound; Take .2 off rear ARB; add a bit more (10-15) rear downforce - You can also add 1 click of ride height if you need to...

Sylvia: This car is just twitchy period (no matter how well you tune it). Mine is the same way. It's very loose in the last section, and might benefit from a bit more rear aero and dropping the rear rebound and ARB by .1... the rest will need to be done by the driver with throttle control. Fiddle with the tune too much and bad things start to happen! Wink

RX-8: Very nice tune. the rear is a bit loose on corner exit. A little more rear aero and -.1 on both rear rebound and rear ARB might settle her down...

Seeing a theme? Wink I had to do the same with mine... All 9 of the cars are behaving VERY similar on this track. Some more pronounced that others. The Soarer, ZR-1, Sylvia and BMW are the worst (bt not by much except the Sylvia and the ZR-1)...
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next