[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horizon Rally Expansion 12/18

+5
shinnsoon
marmuttlebow
BiggLou55
U2SCDoli
nubrocket
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Horizon Rally Expansion 12/18 Empty Horizon Rally Expansion 12/18

Post by nubrocket Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:34 am

They announced the a couple details about the mysterious "first expansion" in December.

Forza Horizon Rally Expansion

Delivering an immersive and authentic rally racing experience on the roughest untamed roads of Colorado, the “Forza Horizon Rally Expansion Pack” will offer Horizon players an outstanding off-road racing experience with deeper ruts, higher jumps, and new surface types to explore. Players will experience authentic rally action behind the wheel of rally-tuned cars, complete with co-driver calls, and much more.

nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Horizon Rally Expansion 12/18 Empty Re: Horizon Rally Expansion 12/18

Post by U2SCDoli Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:34 am

i think this sold me on the season pass. that's a lot of extra content just for having it.
U2SCDoli
U2SCDoli
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:39 am

Wow... They are off and running... I'm liking what I'm seeing here...!

One Problem: FM4 seems to have been dropped completely by the devs. I've heard it said that the FM4 and FH devs are separate and that FH will not have an impact on FM4. Really? Why have the FM4 DLC's stopped? Where are the FM4 Monthly VIP Rival challenges? Where is the FM4 Track expansion? If they want to keep the Forza Faithful in the franchise, they cannot just "drop" FM4 and focus on FH. They are completely different games with different aims. I'm hoping there is more to come in FM4 or I fear people will lose interest quickly until FM5 comes out (which is rumored to be destined for the new Xbox 720).
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:50 am

I thought that was the last of DLC cars. Got no proof. Just thought I saw that somewhere.

People have been clamoring for a track pack. I never saw a response from T10 about that one.

I think it's a matter of return on investment. Once FH comes out, the ones that stick to FM will be the core gamers. Not as much return on that as you would from Jon Q Public (is it Jon or Joe?)
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by U2SCDoli Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:18 pm

not that i anticipate it, but it'd be awesome if they made a pack for FM4 with some of the FH cars in it, like the Viper, original Mini, 458 S, ect. i doubt it'd be a lot of work, and i'm sure it'd generate a bit of revenue
U2SCDoli
U2SCDoli
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:23 pm

Yay for the expansion pack! It will include cars as well (I'm guessing rally?). And achievements for those who care.

They're being very sly with the Season Pass Suspect The 5 exclusive Season Pass cars will be released on a monthly basis, so it's impossible to know if they'll be worthwhile or not. The first one is the 2006 Lamborghini Miura Concept. Don't particularly care for that one myself, but who's to know what the others might be? What if one is the SLR (since it doesn't seem to be included in the game)?
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:25 pm

I would love to see a track pack, or more to the point, I'd love to see Circuit of the Americas come to Forza 4. I'm sure that's on the bottom of the list for those who have been playing the series and following races for years, though.

I'm more worried about the community team than the dev team. Those weekly articles, contests, and unicorn giveaways really keep the rabid folks thirsty for more. If that just STOPS then...ouch. Those who are as unicorn obsessed as me, yet a few unis short, must be comatose with worry.

On the Horizon front I'm a little butt hurt over the amount of cash they're asking for so soon. $70 for LCE and then another $50, on day 1, for the Season Pass? OF COURSE I'LL DO IT AND I'LL LIKE IT, but damn.

As a fanatic, like I said, I'll go whole hog. I have coworkers though who are interested in Horizon but are scared off by all this stuff. They are confused over VIP versus Season Pass and why those aren't bundled together. Seems to me that, if you were to get only one, you should go Season Pass. That's a lot to ask, though. Ramble ramble.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:30 pm

Here's what I would do if I were in charge- Lure people in with FH then put out FM4 Complete Edition to get them on the hook for the main franchise. The newcomers will already have all of the additional content so won't mind dropping a little more money on the all new track pack(s).
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:35 pm

xraydash wrote:Here's what I would do if I were in charge- Lure people in with FH then put out FM4 Complete Edition to get them on the hook for the main franchise. The newcomers will already have all of the additional content so won't mind dropping a little more money on the all new track pack(s).

I like that Xray... In addition, they could offer a complete edition upgrade to existing owners of FM4 for like $20 or something. That way, if you didn't get all of the DLC's you could opt in with the Complete Edition upgrade. If they did it like the Porsche expansion, you would then be able to see all of the cars (original, DLC and Porsche), but not be able to access them unless you opt in to the CE... Wink

I agree with your points Nub. It should be included or at least offer another, higher priced edition (say for $99) that includes the LCE AND the season pass.... Like you I will be purchasing the season pass as well. Forza is becoming the only game I'm really motivated to play now (BF3 is getting on my last nerve, and I'm just not sure I want to commit all of the time I will need to in PlanetSide 2)....

As for DLC's in FM4 Marm, September's was the last monthly DLC, but they did not rule out a future expansion or DLC. There is no word on FM5 or for which platform its targeted (360 or "720"). If it's the new Xbox (coded 720), then we may be looking at next Christmas for FM5. I just hope they don't go the route or GranTurismo and wait 3-4 years for the next version (like GT4 to GT5).... Sad
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:58 pm

Somewhat off topic...

If this wasn't coming for us, and playing Horizon made me lust hard for a rally racing game, what would y'all tell me to look at? AFAIK nothing has existed since SEGA RALLY, which I remember being pretty fun.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:02 pm

WRC 3 or Dirt 3 Complete edition...
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:05 pm

And....

It would appear that Turn10 might be showing their hand a bit here... Might there be a Forza Rally title in the works? Interesting thought... That would complete the circle... It's rumored that open wheel racers will make their way into FM5, FH is looking to be the new standard for open world racing games, so I wonder if Turn 10 has their sights on the triple play? Thoughts?
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:15 pm

MMM, I've been itching to do some rallying since I finished Dirt3 a few weeks ago. Like nub and many others, I'll gladly pay for the season pass even though I think it's a little much, just because I'm a fanatic...

I'll be anxiously waiting some more news or even gameplay on this rally expansion
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by U2SCDoli Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:46 pm

i'm with you mark, i'm not gonna be happy to put an extra $50 on top of the $80 for the LCE but i'll do it just cause i want to have all of the content once it comes out.

i don't know about a rally title. i think all their efforts in developing a new game are going into FM5 now. it wouldn't surprise me if they fused rally and open-wheelers into FM5 though, that'd be pretty ideal.
U2SCDoli
U2SCDoli
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:05 pm

U2SCDoli wrote:i'm with you mark, i'm not gonna be happy to put an extra $50 on top of the $80 for the LCE but i'll do it just cause i want to have all of the content once it comes out.

i don't know about a rally title. i think all their efforts in developing a new game are going into FM5 now. it wouldn't surprise me if they fused rally and open-wheelers into FM5 though, that'd be pretty ideal.

That would make it a DIRECT competitor to the GranTurismo franchise... Add in Rally, Open Wheel and Day/night racing + slightly more advanced (more sim) physics, and there will be no argument which is better... Very Happy I'm going to keep my fingers crossed!
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:12 pm

heres a question: why the heck would they make a DLC pack available for purchase on the release date? why not just include it in the game?
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:29 pm

They did that with FM4 as well... The American Muscle pack was gifted with the purchase of the Season Pass... Wink
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by U2SCDoli Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:13 pm

beefsupreme42 wrote:heres a question: why the heck would they make a DLC pack available for purchase on the release date? why not just include it in the game?
it's cars that they create after the final game is completed.
U2SCDoli
U2SCDoli
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:46 am

I doubt I'll get the Season Pass. I'm already getting the LCE, which includes the Month 1 Pack. That leaves only the 5 SP bonus cars, and I don't care all that much about the Miura. This means there's not any real saving cost-wise, so I'll just wait and see and get the packs I want as they get released. (Just hope at some point they'll release the SP bonus cars as separate DLC in case they do put something in there I absolutely must have.)

Definitely getting the Expansion Pack. I'd love to know what cars it will include. Really really hope for the Audi Quattro S1. Love that car in DiRT3 and I looked at it longingly in FM4 not knowing what I'm really supposed to do with it. (Although, now that I think about it again, I should actually buy it and take it to Fujimi ...)
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:33 pm

I'm with nub, mark and doli... I am compelled to do so just because I have to have all of the content... Even if I don't use it... Neutral
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:07 pm

I'm poking the hornet's nest on Something Awful right now. They're hating pretty hard on these DLC announcements.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:26 pm

It's all flaming and trolling....

It's simple... either buy it or don't buy it... the choice is yours... They sell DLC's like this because it makes them money. They usually offer the cars individually as well as 1 free car per pack. I may not agree with their method, but I also know it's a business.
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:39 pm

You're exactly right.

THEY'RE SO MAD, THOUGH. THEY ARE ENTITLED TO THINGS FOR FREE AND THIS STUFF ISN'T FREE SO LET'S BURN THE WORLD DOWN.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:03 am

I've grown quite weary of all the gamer entitlement and negativity these days. The hate at Dragon Age 2 was just remarkable. Then the ending of Mass Effect 3. Not to mention every time some game launches with day 1 DLC. It's really tiresome.

The real problem is it's beginning to have an effect. I'm convinced all that hate played a significant role in Drs Muzyka and Zeschuck leaving BioWare, and that was a big loss.
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:12 am

I don't understand this sense of entitlement. I understand voicing your opinion on business practices. But as a consumer, you vote with your wallet. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

As for the negativity, well, since everything is "anonymous", people will say what their hearts tell them to. No repurcussions for doing so.

I don't think I've ever felt that this company or that owed me anything. Well, quality is about the only thing I expect.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next