[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

U2SC in Forza Horizon (FH) and a Club Announcement!!!

+7
beefsupreme42
nubrocket
xraydash
Lowflyinmx3
Red Sniper 213
marmuttlebow
BiggLou55
11 posters

Go down

U2SC in Forza Horizon (FH) and a Club Announcement!!! Empty U2SC in Forza Horizon (FH) and a Club Announcement!!!

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:42 pm

Once I am in-game today, I will be creating the Forza Horizon chapter of Up 2 Speed Customs. I will reply to this thread once the club is up and ready...

Like a Star @ heaven Exclamation Arrow

In other News, we are pleased to announce two additions to the U2SC club leadership. NubRocket and Xraydash have accepted the role of Co-Leaders within Forza Horizon and the club as a whole. Their dedication to the core theme/values of the club, leadership in-game and on the forums, and just being stand-up guys means they are great additions to our leadership ranks! Please extend your congratulations! Congrats guys!!!

Like a Star @ heaven cheers bom drunken bounce What a Face Like a Star @ heaven

I will be heading up our Forza Horizon chapter (for now). We are still having conversations related to how this will be set up moving forward. More news on that "soon" from Low….

Now… get in game (once you get your discs) and have some fun!! We'll probably be experimenting with lobbies later this evening. I have to get the girls to Soccer practice from 5-6:30pm (Central), and once we get them in bed, my evening is all about FH… Very Happy

Cheers!
Lou

Last edited by BiggLou55 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

U2SC in Forza Horizon (FH) and a Club Announcement!!! Empty Re: U2SC in Forza Horizon (FH) and a Club Announcement!!!

Post by marmuttlebow Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:45 pm

DAMN! Been kicked and wasn't even told about it ... LOL

Congrats to Nub and Dash. I'd warn you about something, but nothing comes to mind ... (maybe that's why I dun got kicked).
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

U2SC in Forza Horizon (FH) and a Club Announcement!!! Empty Re: U2SC in Forza Horizon (FH) and a Club Announcement!!!

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:46 pm

Just to be clear... There are no changes in the FM4 leadership. No one has been kicked, but then again, you are on Low's radar! Very Happy
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:06 pm

LOL, I been on his radar since the day I joined. Nothing to report there.

And if I had been kicked, no worries. Not like I did much in terms of being a "leader", I don't think. Just kept stirring the pot.... Which may not necessarily be a good thing. LOL
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sniper 213 Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:39 pm

I just put it in my Xbox only to find out and xbox live update is available and my Xbox froze while installing it.
Red Sniper 213
Red Sniper 213
Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:12 pm

A big congrats to nub and X-ray. You are now in the super secret club. There's still some more changes coming in the management section but it will all come out soon.

Anyways, bought the game this morning and played until I beat the chick with the f 150 then it was time to go to work. Got my wristband so I can join the club when I get home tonight. I also found one of the discounts signs you have to smash so I now have a 1 percent discount. Beef its going to be a natural at this game. I do admit that I raced as a basher and just pushed the people out of my way.
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sniper 213 Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:36 pm

Joe made a U2SC already and I joined that one. Which is the real one going to be?
Red Sniper 213
Red Sniper 213
Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:37 pm

Really? Joe? *sigh*
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:49 pm

Since the club is already created, I'm not going to rush in game... I'll be on later tonight....
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:07 pm

Thanks a lot, guys! I'm truly honored. I've had a blast since joining the club and I'm looking forward to helping keep those good times rolling in Horizon and beyond.
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:44 pm

Well hell, this was the coolest thing I read all day. Thanks guys! Xray pretty much already said it best and I agree, it's an honor and I'm excited for it. WE SHALL SET COLORADO ON FIRE.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:55 pm

I will be joining as soon as possible! sucks that I have quite a bit of homework tonight, so I don't think I will be able to make it on Sad figured I would browse the forums because I am getting bored with doing work...
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:49 am

beefsupreme42 wrote:I will be joining as soon as possible! sucks that I have quite a bit of homework tonight, so I don't think I will be able to make it on Sad figured I would browse the forums because I am getting bored with doing work...

Same thing I'm doing. I was using Netflix on the xbox a little earlier today and got jealous that everyone was playing horizon. So now I'm finishing up my homework and being a patient, good student Very Happy
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:52 am

I haven't been able to play all day! First work nailed me to the wall and then the wife and I had some schmancy dinner to attend. Granted the food was great but that's pretty much it for my evening. Here's hoping I snag my wristband tomorrow.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:02 am

Congratulations nub and xray on your ascendance to the Purple Council!
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlagra DUH Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:48 pm

I'm going to buy it right now. How good is it?
Vlagra DUH
Vlagra DUH
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:06 pm

It's alright. Not as submersive as FM.

That being said, I think those that enjoy the playground stuff will really enjoy it. From a pure racer perspective, it leavesa lot out and is more arcadey. Definitely geared more towards the average user.

By that I mean it's easier to drive and there's nothing to tune.

I got the game, at this time I don't see me being able to play this for over a year like FM4. I may be wrong. I do enjoy the multiplayer.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:00 pm

If you're looking to race online with other people...it can be annoying i guess, especially if you're used to clean racing and getting around people without crashing.

I was racing in a public lobby on the cycled production playlist, and everyone was trying to spin me out or they used me as brakes or whatever.
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:17 pm

marmuttlebow wrote:It's alright. Not as submersive as FM.

That being said, I think those that enjoy the playground stuff will really enjoy it. From a pure racer perspective, it leavesa lot out and is more arcadey. Definitely geared more towards the average user.

I got the game, at this time I don't see me being able to play this for over a year like FM4. I may be wrong. I do enjoy the multiplayer.
I actually agree with you on this Marm. Its fun and different but I see myself going back to FM4 by the end of the year. And your right that its not as submersive. The quality of everything in FM4 is so much higher. But horizon let's me do one thing that FM4 doesn't. Let's me just drive the cars I buy just cause they are cool. Like the Aston Martin db 5, I have no desire to race it but I could see myself just putting around in it in free roam.
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Wa11y Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:25 pm

marmuttlebow wrote:It's alright. Not as submersive as FM.

I've just played the demo but the graphics don't seem as good as FM4. Is it my imagination or does anyone else notice a difference?
Wa11y
Wa11y
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:14 pm

Horizon is a new game where FM4 is a lifestyle choice I made. Horizon is a game I play, FM4 is just something I do.

That's where my head is at right now.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:18 pm

Markve91 wrote:I was racing in a public lobby on the cycled production playlist, and everyone was trying to spin me out or they used me as brakes or whatever.
Probably because this is more of a car game than a motorsport game - probably a lot more little kids playing it because of this and all they want to do is see something get smashed. oh, and let's not forget the biggest reason of all: I'm playing this game too! Very Happy
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlagra DUH Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:27 am

It's sooooo funnn
Vlagra DUH
Vlagra DUH
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:47 am

nubrocket wrote:Horizon is a new game where FM4 is a lifestyle choice I made. Horizon is a game I play, FM4 is just something I do.

That's where my head is at right now.

There is a lot of truth here Nub... I agree... FM4 is a lot like an MMORPG... You're not going to be very good if you don't learn how to equip your toon and your highest DPS/HPS/TPS skill rotation. Sure you can still play if you don't learn that stuff, but you won't be very good or get invited to many guilds/raids if you don't..! While FM4 is not that bad (and I say bad, because I have grown to really loathe MMORPG games for that very reason), if you don't immerse yourself in the word understanding upgrades, power to weight, tuning, and how to drive each car in your garage (because they are all different) you're not going to be very competitive. The difference between FM4 and MMORPGs is that FM4 is still fun even without the immersion. The end game in WoW and Rift are rather boring without raiding, and you cannot raid effectively or consistently without a good build, understanding your role, and knowing your rotations....

Horizon is more like Diablo I/II/II... It's more linear and you will still be able to complete the game without having to understand the game or your tune at all... Hell... You can just mash one power and make it through... FH is a lot like that... It's simpler and not as deep as FM4... I don't care who you are, you're not going to finish FM4 Career mode and all of the rivals in 1 week. I doubt even in 4 weeks playing 40 hours a week. From the looks of it, I'll be all the way through FH Single player by this weekend, and I would have been done already if not for the Multiplayer (yellow level 21 i think) and the fact that I have a family and a job... Unless they release an expansion every other month, I don't see me playing this past the end of the year... Once I beat Darius, finish up the street races and do all of the PR stunts, Single player is done (until the Rally expansion hits in december)... All that will be left is Multi-player and the free roam challenges... (I really wish they'd let you do them more than once BTW...)

So... In short... I play FH, but I live FM4... Very Happy Thanks Nub... Wink
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:44 pm

I agree with nub, too. Horizon is fun to play, but I can definitely see it dying out in a couple months when I run out of stuff to do. FM4 is something I can always go back to.
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down