[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

U2SC Squadron - An XCOM: Enemy Unknown "Let's Play"

+5
nubrocket
beefsupreme42
joekorn
xraydash
JasonMurphy
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

U2SC Squadron - An XCOM: Enemy Unknown "Let's Play" - Page 2 Empty Re: U2SC Squadron - An XCOM: Enemy Unknown "Let's Play"

Post by JasonMurphy Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:48 pm

A little late, but...

Chapter 5

When the unit returned to base, they were informed that the science team was prepared to begin work on a sort of "Alien Taser", a device that would enable them to bring xenos back for more... detailed analysis.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

While they passed around stories about how they looked forward to having some live aliens in captivity to practice new techniques on, a call came in, this time from Africa. The "A-Team" assembled and prepared to depart:

Landing in Nigeria, during night, they moved out to cover their approach along the highway construction zone.

Poking around some human bodies, two "sectoids" were spotted; one was gunned down immediately, while the other suffered massive cranial inversion shortly afterwards as a result of the Red Sniper's actions.

Two more approached from the other flank, trying to take cover behind a pair of port-a-potties. Beef winged one...

...and when they reached cover, they performed their psychic link in full sight of Lou Biggs. This had the usual bad result, as Lou dashed up and blew up the link-creator, killing both aliens.

After this, two "floaters" flew up, attempting to catch the impetuous Biggs out of position. One was rapidly gunned down by Lou...

And Sq. Joe Korn lobbed a smoke grenade to give Sgt. Biggs some cover. This likely saved Biggs's life as he took fire from the other floater (that missed). Lou would kill it after a quick reload.

While moving up to support Lou, Lt. Beef came under fire from an alien they hadn't seen lurking in the shadows. It missed, and having revealed its position, the squad sniper finished off the threat.

Their assistance on the mission recognized, two squad members saw themselves promoted.

Upon return to base, the team was informed that the research into the Arc Thrower had completed and were given training in its use.

Meanwhile, the science team decided to have a look inside one of the dead sectoid aliens.

During a brief downtime, however, the screens all over the base suddenly switched to a news broadcast. Apparently, the aliens had taken to direct attacks on human cities and rather than simply trying to abduct humans were directly attacking them. No reason for this change in behavior could be spotted at this time; the team simply loaded up and flew to one such city under attack.

The team deployed into the urban center of Alexandria, moving to take cover. Upon doing so, they were immediately set upon by a new type of alien, this one... beastial. It seemed to move MUCH faster than any other ones they had seen to date, and carried no apparent weaponry.

One of the creatures busted into the rear of the building the unit was using for cover and began charging towards the squad. Lou Biggs ducked next to the windows as M.X. Lowflight spun up his LMG...

...and Sgt. Frank did similarly, firing through the now-shattered windows.

Neither seemed to have an effect and the rest of the squad poured fire into the beast, wounding it, but were unable to prevent it from running directly up to Sgt. Lou Biggs...

...and could only watch helplessly as the creature reared up and lanced at him with its spear-like legs. A flash of bone, a fountain of blood, and the body of Biggs fell to the ground.

In a rage, the squad finally gunned down the creature; moving forward to check on the fallen Biggs, Lt. Beef fired at the other beast which had just entered the bulding. Its maw was covered in blood as well; apparently it had feasted on a civilian behind the store.

The unit thought perhaps it had received a miracle when the body of Lou started twitching on the ground... but a low moan and weird, uneven movements put the lie to those thoughts. Apparently the touch of one of those insect-like creatures implanted a corpse with a form of animation and Lou had become... for lack of a better term... a zombie. A zombie that got up and smacked Beef in the face. Hard.

Beef darted back to take cover behind a taxi to initiate first aid...

And "Insane" Frank took matters into his own, pyromaniac hands:

This only seemed to stagger Zombie Lou, however... but Sniper Reddy remembered the old adage when it came to zombies: go for the head. Sgt. Biggs fell for a second, and final, time.

Inside the store, the creature paused to munch on another civilian...

After it rose as a zombie, and another one moved on the squad from around the building, Lowflight had had enough...

And Reddy finished off the last zombie on the corner.

On the other flank, two floaters appeared, but the squad was... not in a happy place, and they were quickly disposed of.

Recovering their fallen comrade's body, the squad had a long, silent flight home...
JasonMurphy
JasonMurphy
Century Forum Member

http://titaniumspork.org

Back to top Go down

U2SC Squadron - An XCOM: Enemy Unknown "Let's Play" - Page 2 Empty Re: U2SC Squadron - An XCOM: Enemy Unknown "Let's Play"

Post by BiggLou55 Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:00 pm

Sad I die, come back as a zombie, and then die again? This sucks man! Crying or Very sad

[sarcastic rant]
I blame all of you for not watching my back! I just come back to the team after recovering from a pretty bad injury and I get stabbed by some alien legs, turned into a zombie, and then get my head blown off by my own team! You couldn't just capture me and chain me up to home base next to an Xbox or something? Oh and Beef... I'm glad I got to smack you around a bit before getting my head splattered!
[/sarcastic rant]

This is great stuff man... I've been waiting to see me get back into action again... Too bad it would seem my character was a member of the more ability than brains club! Very Happy Keep them coming!
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:34 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:Oh and Beef... I'm glad I got to smack you around a bit before getting my head splattered!
lol! I have had a lot of people wish that they could say that before Very Happy

EDIT: not necessarily the head splattering part....
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:52 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! LOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!! My machine guns have failed thee! I am ashamed. May you rest in peace my brother.

Ummm. ..... Can I have your armor?

Too soon?
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:31 pm

Ummm, so is there an update on this? I must know if I avenge Lou's death and restore honor to my family's name. I'm losing sleep over this Jason!
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by swviper Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:02 pm

This is awesome, and was a worthwhile diversion from work for the last 20-30 mins!
Awesome stuff Jason, awesome stuff!
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2