[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo 4

+7
Fischs3
joekorn
shinnsoon
nubrocket
B08MATH
BiggLou55
xraydash
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Halo 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo 4

Post by xraydash Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:10 pm

B08MATH wrote:I looked at The Halo Forum and it seems full of immature kids arguing over nothing. I really like our forum.

The next time I'm on and I see some of you other guys, I'll send a message and see if you want to do some of those Spartan Ops missions together. Anyone else checked them out? I've just been doing them with random people. They're short and fun. I think some new ones are out today too. Supposedly new missions every week for ten weeks.
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:09 pm

Are there any spoilers or confusion for those who haven't finished the campaign? Can you even play the Spartan Ops without finishing the campaign?
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:42 pm

nubrocket wrote:Are there any spoilers or confusion for those who haven't finished the campaign? Can you even play the Spartan Ops without finishing the campaign?

Completely independent of the campaign. Basically all the missions involve going to various checkpoints and clearing out Covenant and/or Prometheans on the way. The maps are all different. You can play it solo but it's more fun with four working together.

Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe the Prometheans are a spoiler? (Sorry!) I'm not sure you how you couldn't know about them because they're on all the screenshots, promotional material, etc. Basically a new group of "bad guys" and weapons. Their story is not divulged though.
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:48 pm

Yeah, and there are "promethean" variants to weapons in multiplayer. I figure they are the evil that has awoken or whatever. All good.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:24 pm

Indeed, five new Spartan Ops missions dropped today. They must all be on disc 2 because I didn't have to download anything. Pretty cool way to extend the game.

(These are free too in case anyone who doesn't have Halo 4 was wondering.)
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:03 pm

I finished Halo 1 and have started Halo 2. So far I find Halo 2 to be way more fun than 1, even in its non-remastered original Xbox form.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:38 pm

I had played Halo 1 a few years ago but only got around to 2 and 3 last year. Halo 1<2<3<4. That's the way I see it. Never played ODST or Reach.
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:46 am

Reach is excellent. If you're a fan of the story of Halo, it's worth playing for that alone.
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:19 pm

Halo 2 down. Starting on 3.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:23 pm

I started replaying the Halo 4 campaign with one of my sons, split screen co-op. Despite having less visual real estate, it was a lot of fun. He's all run-and-gun and I'm slow and sniper-y. "Slow down!" and "Wait up!" were frequent refrains.
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:01 pm

3 down and have started 4. LOVING it.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:21 pm

Have you played any of the Spartan Ops yet? Those are great fun. Unfortunately matchmaking is only for the current episode each week, so you either have to play past missions solo or with a party of friends. Let me know and I'll be happy to co-op with you on the other missions.

I played through the campaign again with one of my sons on heroic and am midway through another playthrough with my other boy on legendary. (They're twins, 14 years old in a few weeks.) I started on a solo legendary campaign too but that's going to take awhile, what with dying every couple of minutes or so.
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:31 pm

My Halo obsession continues. Halo 4 was beaten over the break, I've finished reading the 'Fall of Reach', and I watched the Halo Legends animation thing. I've also started playing ODST which is...a weird game.

Other than feeling like an idiot for being more than a decade behind, I'm really enjoying this universe.

I am ready for Spartan Ops! Or just more multi-player period.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by WHY Y0U MAD BRO Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:30 pm

I couldn't get into Halo 4. Too much of the same crap. I am still halo'd out from 3 and OSDT. The game looks good but the campaign is definitely easier than it use to be.

WHY Y0U MAD BRO
Senior Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:28 pm

New Spartan Ops episode (5 missions) today! I'll be checking those out later.

I've started playing a solo campaign again, this time on legendary. I'm kinda sucky so it's pretty difficult for me. I like the trial and error involved though so don't mind dying a bazillion times. I feel like I've accomplished something when I reach a checkpoint!

I like the weekly challenges too. That's what I was trying to do last night instead of racing- beat mission 3 before the Sunday night deadline. I felt a little bad skipping out, but then again I was ready to race on two other nights when it simply didn't happen.
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:07 am

Halo Legendary solo teaches you the art of dying. By the end you'll be really good at it Very Happy

I finished my Heroic playthrough a couple days ago and started Spartan Ops. I like it more than Firefight - objectives instead of just mindless slaughter, and some story is always welcome. Too bad Crimson is a team of one. Why only matchmaking for the current episode? Also, FemShep is Lord of the Spartans!
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:30 am

I believe the first map pack comes out today? Looking forward to the new Extraction mode. Hope it's kind of like Invasion from Reach - I miss that.
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Grabbing the crimson map pack now for free through the in-game menu. Someone fucked up... Razz
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:49 pm

Whoops!
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:22 am

xraydash wrote:Grabbing the crimson map pack now for free through the in-game menu. Someone fucked up... Razz
They screwed the whole thing up then. First it was only available for those who pay 800 MSP, but those with the Map Pass (either bought separately or received with the LE) couldn't get it without also paying 800 MSP. There was much ire on the Waypoint forums. I played the first Spartan Ops Episode on legendary, after which it still wasn't available, so I lost interest and played Far Cry 3 instead.

Glad you scored, though Very Happy Have you played Extraction yet?
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:49 pm

shinnsoon wrote:Glad you scored, though Very Happy Have you played Extraction yet?

I read how season pass and LE owners couldn't get it. That would have been irritating. I had every intention of buying the season pass yesterday before finding out about the freebie. I'll just buy the next two packs as they're released and end up saving five dollars.

I only played a little bit of the new maps. I was tired and couldn't compete with the Halo ninjas I enountered in every game. I don't really understand extraction. Only played it once though. I'll jump back in for more today.
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum