Tiered Series - in development

Go down

Tiered Series - in development Empty Tiered Series - in development

Post by joekorn on Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:16 pm

Will take some organizing, but have bounced this idea off a few of you to highly positive responses. I want to put together a tiered club series for some nice prizes, including real-world stuff like perhaps MS Points? Here are my initial thoughts, please comment:

Tier 1 - Top 10 or so racers in the club, as chosen by leaders. No assists, spec cars chosen by me (since I won't be in this tier). Cars and tracks to be revealed at race time, with thoughtfully selected pairings to challenge you guys. Races probably on a Sat or Sun afternoon (US) to accommodate time diff. Maybe 3 laps per race so we can fit in 3 or so races per day?

Tier 2 - Next 10 or so racers, again as chosen by leaders. No TCS/stability assists. Same idea as above.

Open Tier - Everyone who isn't in above tiers is eligible to run. No restrictions on assists. Same setup as above.

Prizes can be scaled based on number of participants. I know weekends are tough for many of you, but don't see any other way to accommodate our Euro members. Let me know what you think, maybe we can set this up for April?
joekorn
joekorn
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Tiered Series - in development Empty Re: Tiered Series - in development

Post by XxCONVERGExX on Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:38 pm

The idea of a tiered system could be good. One way to keep things really interesting would be to adopt a Promotion/Relegation system like in english football. If you finished in the top 3 of the lower series or the bottom three of a higher series you would change.
XxCONVERGExX
XxCONVERGExX
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:00 pm

No assists? AWWW crap. I have no idea where the braking points are. Guess I better start learnin' in order to move on up. Otherwise, I will be in the relegation zone or with no chance of moving to the Premiership. Coca Cola league here I come.

marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:16 pm

What if tier two and Open Tier are handled like multi-class races? That could be fun and interesting....
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SouthernFist7 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:03 pm

marmuttlebow wrote:No assists? AWWW crap. I have no idea where the braking points are. Guess I better start learnin' in order to move on up. Otherwise, I will be in the relegation zone or with no chance of moving to the Premiership. Coca Cola league here I come.

Yeah, I'm going to be in the same boat without braking lines.
SouthernFist7
SouthernFist7
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by joekorn on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:40 pm

Ok, ok, you guys can have braking lines. Might avoid some unnecessary contact, Lord knows you guys need as much help as possible there (cough, cough, marm). Guess that would make sense with running mystery cars on mystery tracks, can't expect you to memorize every line for every class on every track. Would give Mark and Converge too big of an advantage :-)
joekorn
joekorn
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:44 pm

There are only a few tracks that I REALLY know the racing line to, only in certain cars..so mystery cars, and mystery tracks and no line = anyone in front of me is going to get rammed lol.

BUT I wouldn't mind not having a line at all, I'd just be more careful than normal!
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by jgoodman00 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:48 am

Full damage and tyre wear would also be good?

jgoodman00
Senior Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:55 am

jgoodman00 wrote:Full damage and tyre wear would also be good?

Why you making my life harder with these requests? Bad enough I don't get my driving line. Now I gotta worry about full damage? DAMMIT! That means I have to use my clutch... Suspect

And I'm givin' you the elephant as well. lol .

elephant
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by CASH XRS on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:27 pm

marmuttlebow wrote:
jgoodman00 wrote:Full damage and tyre wear would also be good?

Why you making my life harder with these requests? Bad enough I don't get my driving line. Now I gotta worry about full damage? DAMMIT! That means I have to use my clutch... Suspect

And I'm givin' you the elephant as well. lol .

elephant

hahahahahaha. I dunno about FULL damage. But I will be honest. I prefer everyone have NO braking line. I do it just for the sake of enjoyment and just focusing more on your surroundings and timing things yourself. I find you rely way too much on the line and thats all you focus on when the line is on. Just my $.02. I like the tiered idea.
CASH XRS
CASH XRS
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by XxCONVERGExX on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:08 pm

Im in the same boat as Mark... unless I'm running a single track with a single car a lot (like our weekly races) im usually using the braking lines to help me out. You cant really switch around classes and always know where to brake. I'm all for taking out the line in these races where we can learn the track and get some time out on track to get in the groove.
XxCONVERGExX
XxCONVERGExX
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down