[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How realistic is the tuning in FM4?

2 posters

Go down

How realistic is the tuning in FM4? Empty How realistic is the tuning in FM4?

Post by WHY Y0U MAD BRO Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:13 am

Curious to know how realistic the tuning is for FM4. I just started messing around with tuning today. Only for drag racing so far and some of the stuff i did that in my opinion would improve traction actually made it worse. I may have been missing something as I didn't play with it for very long, but thought I would get some veteran feedback before I get too involved.

I remember the days of Gran Turismo 2 where there wasn't much logic behind tuning your cars and some of the craziest shit would make you fast. Even worse, need for speed underground! lol

WHY Y0U MAD BRO
Senior Forum Member

Back to top Go down

How realistic is the tuning in FM4? Empty Re: How realistic is the tuning in FM4?

Post by BiggLou55 Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:43 pm

It's pretty realistic.... The concepts of real world suspension and transmission tuning apply.... There are several tuning resources out there... There is "Forza Tune 4" for Android and iPhone/iPodT/iPad, and a few guides on tuning for the different racing styles in FM4 (Circuit, Drift and Drag)....

VVV Worm's tuning guide - This is the best Circuit Tuning guide out there... I actually use it when I'm fine tuning my cars for individual tracks to get the best overall performance out of them...

Drift Tuning Guide - I'm not much of a drifter, but when I do, I choose this to guide me... Very Happy

All out Drop Catch tuning guide - For RWD drag cars, this is BY FAR the best tuning guide for drag builds out there!

My favorite "tool" is Slave Munky's MS Excel based tuning calculator... SM and a few others started a group called Forza Tuning Labs... The produce the hands down best tuning calculator for FM4... If ou have Microsoft Excel, you should grab it.... You can find the tuner and more about what it does here: https://sites.google.com/site/forzamtc/home
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

How realistic is the tuning in FM4? Empty Re: How realistic is the tuning in FM4?

Post by WHY Y0U MAD BRO Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:13 pm

Awesome, thanks for the info!

WHY Y0U MAD BRO
Senior Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by WHY Y0U MAD BRO Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:11 pm

I tried out SM's Excel based calculator and I must say, it's awesome! I tried it yesterday then ran some laps and did a little fine tuning with the Cooper. A combination of that and I started running Manual w/Clutch put me in the 1:45.3xx area on the Germany track we are doing this week. I am still getting use to the clutch but it is fun!

WHY Y0U MAD BRO
Senior Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down