GameFly

Go down

GameFly Empty GameFly

Post by FraidKn0t on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:38 pm

I signed up last week after getting fed up of shelling out $60 a pop for all Non-Forza titles I wanted to try but ended up having to sell on craigslist or trading in. I tried renting on redbox too but it ends up being just as bad as buying so I thought I'd give these guys a try. I signed up & put Far Cry 3 on my que the day before it came out and sure enough I had it 2 days later. I've had very limited time dealing with the company so far but I have to say I'm extremely satisfied so far.

If anyone wants to try it I think you get a month free for signing up & if you use the link below we both get another month free!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

FraidKn0t
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

GameFly Empty Re: GameFly

Post by joekorn on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:14 pm

Fraid you lucky bastard. I had GF a few years ago (before kids), and last month they sent me a "Come back for just $1" thing. Thought I'd take advantage, sample some of the new stuff then cancel. I had Far Cry 3 at the top of my Q before it was even released, but no dice. Think I've had 5 games delivered so far, and none have been from my top 5 choices. scratch Just unlucky I guess.

I do like GameFly though and would recommend it to others, as my persistent need to analyze cost/value/depreciation has prevented me from paying full price for a game.... well, ever I guess. Turnaround has always been pretty quick for me as well. Think I will be cancelling again this time though, since I've recently gotten/will be getting as presents Skyrim, NHL 12, GTA IV Complete and Horizon. Not to mention the games I already have but haven't played much yet (Rage, Dragon Age Complete, Mass Effect 2, Saints Row 2, Dungeon Siege III, Alan Wake, Batman AA GOTY). Geez, seeing that list I guess I've got some work to do.

joekorn
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:36 pm

My friend's strategy is to only keep 1 or 2 games in his queue. Only things he really wants. Despite their nagging, he never adds more. He's been thrilled with their service for years. They may weigh those with small queues over those with large queues, it'd make sense.

marmuttlebow wrote:Although I was banging everybody
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:02 pm

Better get all your gaming in before the spring. GTAV will be coming out then. I know I'm buying that game. And my career in Forza will come to an end (until Forza 5).
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by FraidKn0t on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:36 pm

I'm pretty stoked for GTA5 too! The tid-bits they've showed so far look awesome. I'll probably just do what I've done with far cry 3 though and just keep it until I get tired of it... I always want to go back to the GTA games after a few months on hiatus & by that point they're usually really cheap to buy.

FraidKn0t
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:36 pm

Sad

I never understood the attraction to GTA. I've tried and I can't get into it. Different strokes. The games are obviously wildly successful and adored by lots of people.

nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:45 pm

I've never played a GTA game. I have 3 and Chinatown on my iPad though. Just haven't gotten around to either of them.
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:57 pm

Dude. You get to run around getting hookers. And when you're done? You run over them and get your money back.

I just like the open sandbox aspect of it. The game isn't linear/ on rails. So you can do whatever you want at your own pace. I was never one for rpg or fps. GTA is just a fun open world game.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:16 pm

I got disinterested when I accidentally hit a guy. This resulted in an ambulance racing over. That ambulance ran over 2 other people on its way.

Dude!

I want to feel like a nasty son of a bitch in an otherwise orderly and discipline-driven world. If EVERYONE is a chaotic asshole though...then what makes me special?

That's my own neurosis preventing me from enjoying an otherwise amazing game. I DO truly love it, though, but because of this story. Anything that can counter the media's insistence that games are a bad influence is something worth celebrating.

nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:23 pm

That's a pretty good article.

Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:49 pm

Are you still using Gamefly and liking it? I am tempted to sign up, in hopes of actually saving money through Spring. Tomb Raider, Grid 2, Aliens Colonial Marines, and Grid 2 are all around the corner.

nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down