[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grid 2

+3
shinnsoon
Red Sniper 213
beefsupreme42
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Grid 2 Empty Grid 2

Post by beefsupreme42 Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:43 pm

I saw a trailer for it online and it looks pretty cool. Has anybody else heard much about it?
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Grid 2 Empty Re: Grid 2

Post by Red Sniper 213 Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:21 am

I have Grid 1 and it is great. This game does look cool but I haven't really heard much about it. All I know is that they got rid of cockpit view because something like 12% of people (me being part of that) used cockpit view in Grid 1. Codemasters, the people who make most of Grid, are part of Playground games, who helped make Horizon. Just thought I'd add that.
Red Sniper 213
Red Sniper 213
Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:50 pm

Red Sniper 213 wrote:Codemasters, the people who make most of Grid, are part of Playground games, who helped make Horizon. Just thought I'd add that.
thanks for letting me know that - I don't know if they are the ones that got T10 to dumb down their physics for horizon, but this looks like a circuit racing game, so they probably should be a little more concerned about the physics... I suppose its really a gamble at this point, so I will probably wait till it comes out with some reviews before I buy it. Maybe I will rent it for a few days before I make a final decision...
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:02 am

GRID was great, but it's not FM.

Basically you started out with an old Mustang and built your own team from there, earning sponsors, buying cars for more racing categories and hiring a team mate. You designed a paint scheme (again, not like FM) and chose the sponsors and this livery would be added to all your cars. The team mechanic was really cool.

Also, it included some interesting tracks, like Donington, the Turkey F1 circuit and Long Beach. Also Spa-Francorchamps (my vote for best racing track ever).

GRID2 is about a rich guy who wants to set up a one-for-all racing series. It's been likened to the Superbowl (which means nothing to me, but you should get it). You are the poster boy for this World Series of Racing, who goes around racing against clubs and getting people excited and involved.

I was going to skip it, since I'm happy with FM and still busy whittling down the bucket lists of both 3 and 4. But then they released a video of a McLaren MP4-12C duel. And they put the car on the cover. And our local pre-order incentive includes a special MP4-12C and an SLR McLaren 722. So in my weakened state I pre-ordered it this very morning. Hopefully Spa will return. I know Brands Hatch will be there. I think Yas Marina (Abu Dhabi F1 circuit) will be as well.

It won't offer the same physics fidelity as FM, but you'll get to drive different tracks and a couple of unusual cars like the KTM Xbow. There's also some Indycar involvement. And the damage model is excellent.
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by swviper Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:43 am

Shin hits the nail on the head. Grid was a fun game...and if you are looking for a fun racer, Grid 2 will likely deliver. I can't see Codemasters varying too much from the formula that made Grid and DirT so popular. It won't be 'sim' and it won't have 'friendly' AI...but the games are typically a good time =)

It will be more Grid and DirT, not so much "F1 The Game" (also a Codemasters title)
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:58 pm

ok thanks for the info guys
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:58 am

So this is interesting ...

Codemasters has revealed a new feature for its forthcoming sequel GRID 2 in the form of LiveRoutes.

LiveRoutes dynamically changes the layout of tracks as players race. When LiveRoutes is switched on, the sections of a track will be different from one lap
to the next, subsequently resulting in, for example, a straight road turning into bends.
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:13 pm

shinnsoon wrote:So this is interesting ...

Codemasters has revealed a new feature for its forthcoming sequel GRID 2 in the form of LiveRoutes.

LiveRoutes dynamically changes the layout of tracks as players race. When LiveRoutes is switched on, the sections of a track will be different from one lap
to the next, subsequently resulting in, for example, a straight road turning into bends.
how do they do this with actual tracks? I can see how you do it with the road courses like chicago, but how would they do it for actual tracks?
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:31 am

I read up about it a bit and it seems like it will apply to street (city) circuits. I don't know if this is a feature I really want, but it's an interesting concept.
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:43 am

Some of the tracks that will be included, as determined by internet sleuths:

Real circuits:
Brands Hatch
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Red Bull Ring (the old A1-Ring in Austria!)
Yas Marina (Abu Dhabi F1 circuit)

Street/city circuits:
Barcelona
Chicago
Paris

Point-to-point:
California coast
Côte d'Azur

The first GRID featured Touge, both sanctioned with closed roads and unsanctioned at night with traffic. Hopefully these will return, because they were fun.
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Sat May 04, 2013 5:37 am

Sad It seems like there will only be 5 real circuits:
Autodromo Internacional do Algarve, Portugal
Brands Hatch, UK
Indianapolis Motorspeedway, USA
Red Bull Ring, Austria
Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi

Brands Hatch is cool. And the Red Bull Ring is the A1-Ring of old. But, no Spa? What the hell?

These tracks were already in the first GRID: Jarama, Nürburgring GP, Donington, Turkey F1, Le Mans, Spa, Okutama, Shibuya, Long Beach.

My enthusiasm has suffered a major blow. Which says a lot for a game that features a McLaren on the cover.
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Sat May 04, 2013 2:05 pm

Having only skimmed all this, I've learned is that Shin doesn't like McLaren all that much.

KIDDING!

This game made me consider signing up for gamefly again because I want to try it but I don't have time for another full on racing game (F1 2012 has suffered horrible neglect Sad ).

Personally I'd much prefer to get my ass in gear and start racing with y'all again than to bring another game into the house.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sniper 213 Sun May 05, 2013 2:00 pm

Its funny to see Cote d'Azur is in this game. The last time I saw that track was in NFS Porsche Unleashed and that game is 13 years old now.
Red Sniper 213
Red Sniper 213
Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Mon May 06, 2013 5:18 am

Red Sniper 213 wrote:Its funny to see Cote d'Azur is in this game. The last time I saw that track was in NFS Porsche Unleashed and that game is 13 years old now.
What a cool game that was. Sadly I could never complete the Factory Driver path, because I just couldn't get past this one challenge. And after XP Service Pack 3, it constantly crashed.

I wonder if that was when the Evil Deal was struck ...
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Fri May 10, 2013 5:45 pm

Gamespot MP Preview
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Who is getting it on xBox... Might be fun if several of us get it and race together... Just worried about the physics and tuning... If there is no tuning, then I'll just stick with FM4 and FH...

Last edited by BiggLou55 on Fri May 10, 2013 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Fri May 10, 2013 6:39 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:Just worried about the physics and tuning... If there is no tuning, then I'll just stick with FM4 and FH...
yeah that is why I am hesitant about getting this...
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Fri May 10, 2013 7:18 pm

I just saw a video for Livery creation and I have to say I really don't like what I saw... It showed using stock graphics only... If that's the case (tuning or not) PASS!!!
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joekorn Tue May 28, 2013 10:57 pm

I rented this today. My initial thoughts:

Forza it is not, but it's still pretty fun. The handling/grip physics are not quite right, but not terrible either. Collision physics are decent, certainly toned down a good bit, but if you neglect to brake properly on a 90 deg. turn you are going to be missing some parts of your car. I actually think Codemasters has improved from the often spazzy/twitchy handling of some of their other titles. Reminds me of Horizon, but I haven't played Horizon in so long I'd have to pop it back in to see if it's a fair comparison. Although I generally dislike 'arcade-style' racing, this one has just enough variety and a touch of realism to make it enjoyable so far.

I've only ran the first seven or so races and unlocked four cars (Charger R/T, Fairlady Z, Silvia S15, Camaro Z28), they are not drastically different but do indeed have their own 'feel' and advantages. No tuning to speak of yet, and the lack of manual livery editing does kinda suck. The only tracks so far have been city/road venues. I'm not a huge fan of the Chicago street races, Miami is a little better, and the Pacific Highway Run is actually decent (very reminiscent of Horizon). I did run a practice lap on Indy, and am afraid that I have disappointment coming when I get to the real racing venues.

I'll update once I play some more. Anybody else pick this up?
joekorn
joekorn
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Wed May 29, 2013 7:14 pm

I will not be getting Grid 2 or any other Xbox 360 games... I am on hold for Xbox One and FM5... Smile
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Wed May 29, 2013 9:17 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:I will not be getting Grid 2 or any other Xbox 360 games... I am on hold for Xbox One and FM5... Smile
same here
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Fri May 31, 2013 5:13 am

joekorn wrote:I did run a practice lap on Indy, and am afraid that I have disappointment coming when I get to the real racing venues.
The Red Bull Ring should be cool. I don't know what Red Bull did to the circuit, but I raced the old A1-Ring in F1 Challenge on PC a couple thousand moons ago, and it wasn't a bad track. Brands Hatch is pretty cool, too. At least, the couple of tracks they do have are ones not in FM (except Indy).

Anyway, I ended up cancelling my pre-order. I'd rather pop the first GRID back in and head straight to Spa. Besides, I'm hunting down the Solid Gold achievement in FM3 - just shy of 78% complete! And then: the Bucket List.
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Fri May 31, 2013 5:43 pm

shinnsoon wrote: Besides, I'm hunting down the Solid Gold achievement in FM3 - just shy of 78% complete! And then: the Bucket List.
That is crazy! I think I am still at about 15% on FM4, and I have no clue where I was at in FM3... Right now I am working on getting all the 1000 club medals for every car in Horizon. I think I have done about 140 cars now completely, so I have upward of 700 medals right now
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:05 am

Yes, the medals, too. I wish Horizon DLC can make an appearance as Deal of the Week. I've only got the Oct and Dec DLC, plus the Rally Pack and LCE stuff. At least you can finally get some mileage out of the Season Pass Very Happy
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:17 pm

shinnsoon wrote:At least you can finally get some mileage out of the Season Pass Very Happy
Yeah, its finally paying off. all I need to buy is the VIP DLC (not sure why I have to buy that - I am a VIP already...), and that pizza hut car.
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:52 am

Aren't you thinking of the pre-order cars? The SLS, 458, 370Z, an Aston and a Golf? You shouldn't have to buy any VIP stuff.
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum