[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JPM Revisited

+3
joekorn
nubrocket
shinnsoon
7 posters

Go down

JPM Revisited Empty JPM Revisited

Post by shinnsoon Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:58 am

In 10 years' time, when I think back on Forza and come to FM4, one standout memory will be those many hours spent chasing down Juan Pablo Montoya, cursing at my incompetence at trying to shift gears manually, sighing violently as I watch him pull away yet again towards the end, and exhibiting embarrassing glee when I finally got my nose to that bloody line first. That Lambo is still the sweetest of all my horny horses. So, for March's Monthly Rivals:

Rivals Classic #3 - In March 2012 Juan Pablo Montoya was our King of the Track with a 1:32.117 in the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 on Indianapolis GP. How will you stack up against that time in this Rivals Classic event?
It will be very interesting to see how many (few?) laps are required to beat that time now ...
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

JPM Revisited Empty Re: JPM Revisited

Post by nubrocket Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:27 am

Oh man. I was just explaining this nightmare to folks yesterday. Be interesting to try it both with more experience and/but with a wheel.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by joekorn Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:40 am

What a coincidence, I was just thinking how I'd like to take a spoon, fashion it into a shiv and jam it in my eye! Now I don't even have to bother!

Damn it.

But yeah, of course I'm in.
joekorn
joekorn
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:12 pm

I am definitely trying this again. back then, I couldn't even use manual shifting and I had pretty much every assist on. I think that I should be able to beat him now - I think I was 3 or 4 seconds off of his time back when the challenge originally ended.
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by joekorn Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:13 pm

Same here beef, but I got very lucky once and actually beat him. This was one of the very few challenges I spent more than three laps on, and fostered a hatred of Corvettes that took a good while (I think it was Lou's spec multi-class series) until I was able to shake it. You are much, much faster now, I predict you will crush it within a couple laps.
joekorn
joekorn
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by U2SCDoli Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:46 pm

This event was the one that really sparked FM4 for me. I put tons and tons of laps in trying to beat him, which I eventually did by something like 1 or 2 tenths. I noticed the Rival Message, read it, thought it'd be really interesting to try so fired it up. Lap 1, warm up tires, lap 2, 1:31. cheers

I guess that's what I get for a year of practice. I'm curious how many people will get a unicorn from this event. It could only have been a few hundred that beat the time within 24 hours.
U2SCDoli
U2SCDoli
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:34 am

Well I guess I have improved, but if this is any kind of indication I haven't improved as much as I'd like. 1:34 is the best I've pulled off tonight after 20 minutes of trying.

Ugh. Going to bed discouraged. I think I hate Corvettes again.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:55 am

F***ing Juan Pablo Motherf***ing Montoya. F*** this car.

IT IS ALL COMING BACK.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:12 am

U2SCDoli wrote:
I guess that's what I get for a year of practice. I'm curious how many people will get a unicorn from this event. It could only have been a few hundred that beat the time within 24 hours.
wait do the people who beat him get a unicorn?
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by joekorn Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:34 am

I hit a 1:31.9 on my seventh lap, waaaaay better than last year when it took about 40.

Doli - Nice! You've always been pretty quick, but the last few months you have just been killing it.

Nub - If the challenge is still active today, shoot me a text (317-702-2962) when you have a few minutes to play. That goes for everyone as well. I would enjoy a break from packing to jump on and run a couple laps with you, imagine you have trouble with the same spots I do and I can talk you through it. Then, just use Doli's ghost (or whoever has the best time) as your rival. Makes it much easier when you are following somebody with great lines.
joekorn
joekorn
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:07 pm

So I gave it a whirl last night. Seems I've lost my powers. I can't remember how much effort I put into this one. I'm sure it wasn't that much though. I just remember others having a hard time and trying to offer up advice. Now? Beats me.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by U2SCDoli Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:39 am

beefsupreme42 wrote:
U2SCDoli wrote:
wait do the people who beat him get a unicorn?
IIRC the 'News Feed' message said that anyone that beat the time within 24 hours would be eligible to win a unicorn. I could be completely insane, but I'm pretty sure that's what I read. Can anyone else back me up?
U2SCDoli
U2SCDoli
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:52 am

The unicorns seem to be a random draw of those who do it in the first 24 hours. Next Rivals of the Day is something in Horizon, which is on as I type.

Only took 5 laps to get into the 32s (clean) instead of 5 days! but still several more to actually beat 1:32.117. Really helps being used to manual gears npw, and not having to watch the rev counter to see when to shift and then missing half the turns Very Happy I missed JPM's ghost, though.

The top times are in the 1:27s. And sadly it can't be due to tuning ...
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:31 pm

I haven't played Forza for a couple of months but gave this a whirl last night. It's still a tough challenge and I was not able to beat the time in ten laps. (I did do it last year- barely.) Best I ran this time around was 1:33.7xx on the second lap. That car seems to perform worse after the tires warm up!
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:31 pm

I am using a wheel this year, versus the controller last year. I refuse to believe that's why I can't beat him again.

CORRECTION.

I will beat him again this year, I just haven't yet.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:41 pm

I tried this out yesterday and would have beaten Montoya's time on lap 3 if I hadn't rammed the wall on the last turn... It ended up taking me about 10 laps to get in a clean 1:31.007. After the 3rd lap, you have to be extra cautious because the tires heat up to 220 degrees
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum