[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GOOD NEWS FOR PEOPLE WITH FM5

+2
nubrocket
beefsupreme42
6 posters

Go down

GOOD NEWS FOR PEOPLE WITH FM5  Empty GOOD NEWS FOR PEOPLE WITH FM5

Post by beefsupreme42 Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:52 pm

This was in Week In Review earlier this afternoon:

1) Starting this Friday we’re offering a 50 percent discount (credits & tokens) on every car in the game. This discount is available to all players. Every car, from the 1970 Nissan Datsun 510 to the 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO will be 50 percent off, so, if you’ve got your eye on something special on the car list, now’s the time to play and add them to your garage! This discount will be available between 12:01 a.m. Pacific on Friday, Nov. 29 and 11:59 p.m. Pacific on Sunday, Dec. 1.
2) If you are a Forza Motorsport 5 VIP member, you’ll receive the 2013 Lotus E21 grand prix car as a thank you. (Note: You must own Forza Motorsport 5 VIP membership to take advantage of this offer.) In addition to being one of the most radical and expensive cars in FM5, the E21 is also one of the quickest. For more on the E21, check out its entry on the Forza Motorsport 5 Cars page. This gift may take up to 24 hours or longer to be fulfilled in the game and, in order to receive your gift, you will need to back out to the main title screen with the orange McLaren P1 and then press “A” to log back in.
3) Those players who have already purchased the 2013 Lotus E21 as of today (Wednesday, November 27) will also receive the 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO as a further thank you. This gift may take up to 24 hours or longer to be fulfilled in the game and, in order to receive your gift, you will need to back out to the main title screen with the orange McLaren P1 and then press “A” to log back in.
4) For those players who have purchased the LaFerrari Car Pack or the Forza Motorsport 5 Car Pass we’ll gift the 2013 LaFerrari directly into your Forza Motorsport 5 garage. No need to purchase the car separately with in-game credits or tokens. (Note: In order to receive and use these gift cars, you’ll need to own either LaFerrari Car Pack or the Forza Motorsport 5 Car Pass). This gift may take up to 24 hours or longer to be fulfilled in the game and, in order to receive your gift, you will need to back out to the main title screen with the orange McLaren P1 and then press “A” to log back in.
5) Finally, we’re dramatically increasing the credit payout available to all Forza players in December via Forza Rewards, our ongoing loyalty program that rewards players with credits and cars for playing Forza games. You’ll be able to redeem this reward in December but here’s a tip: The higher your Tier level reaches before December rolls around, the better the rewards you’ll be able to redeem, so get your play time in now and level up!
Now, a word about tokens in the Forza Motorsport 5 Limited Edition. In our original description for Forza Motorsport 5’s Limited Edition, we told you that Limited Edition owners would get 1,250 in-game tokens, which we mistakenly said would be enough tokens to afford any car in the Forza 5. It isn’t. As a result, a number of you have pointed this out to us – that there are a number of cars in the game that cost more than 1,250 tokens to purchase.

We’re sorry. In order to make up for this discrepancy, we will soon be offering Forza Motorsport 5 Limited Edition owners the chance to download and own the car of their choice in the game. Players will be able to choose from any of the on-disc cars in Forza 5 and will be able redeem this offer on ForzaMotorsport.net via a dedicated page that will be available no later than December 16.
Looks like the nonstop complaining from the lazy people over on FM.net about how the tokens cost too much and how they weren't being given every DLC car for free got to T10 , so we will be getting some nice rewards for really no reason at all

Also, Make sure to keep checking the FM.net forums to check for the thread mentioned in that last quote
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

GOOD NEWS FOR PEOPLE WITH FM5  Empty Re: GOOD NEWS FOR PEOPLE WITH FM5

Post by nubrocket Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:13 pm

This is badass.  I commend them for caving a bit and I think their strategy for doing so was well thought out.  I wasn't unhappy before, but I'm even happier now.

Cool.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Insanefrank Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:47 pm

Great news for sure, too bad that I'm not a VIP Sad
Insanefrank
Insanefrank
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:39 am

Check the rewards page!  Looks like they've unleashed the big Dec rewards they promised.  Get it before the sale weekend is over!
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:21 pm

nubrocket wrote:Check the rewards page!  Looks like they've unleashed the big Dec rewards they promised.  Get it before the sale weekend is over!
Yeah, I would say that 6 million credits certainly isn't as small as the previous month's rewards Very Happy
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by FraidKn0t Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:44 pm

So what did everyone spend their stimulus money on? I took full advantage of the 1/2 off car sale tonight and ended up with...

Ariel - Atom V8
Aston Martin - #007 DBR9
Audo - RS7 Sportback
BMW - 1M
Chevy - #1 Andretti DW12
Ferrari - 458
Ferrari - F40
Ferrari - GTO
Ferrari - F12 Berlinetta
Ford - SVT Cobra R
Hennessey - Venom GT
Lambo - Aventador
Lambo - Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
Lexus - LFA
Mazda - MX5 (with a 5.7L LSX conversion)
McLaren - MP4-12C
Mercedes - G65 AMG
Mercedes - C63 AMG Black
Subaru - '04 STi
Toyota - '98 Supra (single turbo)
FraidKn0t
FraidKn0t
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by asus50x Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:35 pm

Turn 10 Studios will release a Forza Motorsport 5 update this month -- as early as next week -- that adds Drag Racing and Tag multiplayer modes, in addition to a more balanced economy.
Car prices have been reduced significantly, with the on-disc cars reduced in price by 45%. So, the $6 million Ferrari 250 GTO you’ve been saving for is now a more accessible $2 million purchase. The rate at which racers earn money has more than doubled, as well. Turn 10 estimates Forza 5 players will be able to earn exotic cars in one-fifth of the time they earned them in Forza Motorsport 4.

yes to drag racing again

asus50x
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:43 pm

Source?

And that's disappointing to me.  I like the super expensive cars.

EDIT:

Found it.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:34 am

SWEEEET

Thanks for the info, Reus. I just wish I saw this before I bought a Zonda today...
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:37 am

Did you redeem your cool 1M in rewards yet? Wink
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by FraidKn0t Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:21 am

Awesome, that's definitely a step in the right direction! Thanks for the heads up.

I still wish we could go back to the old manufacturer affinity system so I don't have to spend $80k buying parts to test different upgrade combinations when I only needed $40k worth of said parts to max out the class PI. Either way, if they deliver on this update it may tip the scales and make me buy premium and the car pass.
FraidKn0t
FraidKn0t
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sniper 213 Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:01 am

I didn't completely like the affinity system in Forza 4.  I mean yeah, it was VERY helpful, but it made the car feel disposable, not very special.  In Forza 1, 2, 3, and now 5, you have to work to upgrade your cars and buy nice ones.  It makes the car more of a project than just another car.
Red Sniper 213
Red Sniper 213
Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:02 pm

Red Sniper 213 wrote:I didn't completely like the affinity system in Forza 4.  I mean yeah, it was VERY helpful, but it made the car feel disposable, not very special.  In Forza 1, 2, 3, and now 5, you have to work to upgrade your cars and buy nice ones.  It makes the car more of a project than just another car

WHY CAN'T I ESCAPE THE QUOTE?????

I am thinking the same way - I like that it makes the cars feel more like they are my creations rather than something I can just throw together in a minute with no effort to make the project happen (although I will miss the crazy 4wd import tuners that could beat lamborghinis on lemans - it will probably cost too much to build all of those now).
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sniper 213 Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:40 am

Yeah I was going to quote Fraid but the "quote quarantine" stopped me.
Red Sniper 213
Red Sniper 213
Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:15 am

I got another E21 and another LaFerrari tonight. Too bad I can't gift them.  :-(
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:21 am

The update only reduces the prices of about a tenth of the cars, but at least it greatly reduces the prices of those cars. I was planning on buying an alfa 8c this morning, but i realized that it didn't have the discounted price and decided not to buy it yet...
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by asus50x Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:26 pm

I got the 62 Ferrari, driving it in career mode almost as I type.

asus50x
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:23 pm

I had a mod erase one of my posts on the corresponding thread about the update on the fm.net forums for replying to somebody who was complaining about how they should be refunded the money they paid for the expensive cars they bought. I'm not quite sure why though, all I know is I am pretty pissed about it because i spent about 15 minutes explaining the logical reason why he won't be getting his money back.
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:08 pm

Well there's your problem.  Logic has no place on the internet.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:32 pm

Damn, I forgot about that...  Very Happy
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:26 am

I really like that they patched in more multiplayer hoppers.  If they keep patching in "new" features like that FM5 will be the king of races (imo) once again.  Tag was always really fun.  

We need a car club!  Ugh.  PLEASE.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down