[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horizon E3 Details

+8
Markve91
shinnsoon
BiggLou55
Vlagra DUH
Lowflyinmx3
Rickenbacker01
beefsupreme42
swviper
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Horizon E3 Details Empty Horizon E3 Details

Post by swviper Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:16 pm

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Forza_Horizon_E3/
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Horizon E3 Details Empty Re: Horizon E3 Details

Post by beefsupreme42 Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:36 pm

This looks great! I'm not usually a fan of open world racing games, but it looks like they have a few nice rally racing tracks, so it has the potential to be a really great game. One problem that I have with games like this is that they usually have challenges that have to do with outrunning the cops - It looked like they might have this on the cover, but they mentioned nothing about it in this article.

The idea of forza open world racing also brings up one more question - Can forza fix the terrible AI, or will it be the same as forza 4 with every car running into you if you get in the way of their line? I would really like to see them fix this and if they can, it will make forza 5 (I think that is being released in summer 2013) so much better than forza 4.

One last thing thats bugging me - They still haven't given us any clue as to whether the club feature will be included or not. I hope it will be included, but if it isn't, it looks like we will have to keep doing the club races on forza 4 (I think it would be better to keep doing the club races on forza 4 because the real tracks can't be beat by fake roads, especially if they are going to be covered in other cars going 20mph, but thats just my opinion...)
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rickenbacker01 Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:12 pm

Didn't see any muscle. -50 points
Rickenbacker01
Rickenbacker01
Senior Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by swviper Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:15 pm

The club thing hopefully will make the transition. Hopefully it will work better than in TDU. I love that there are other surfaces to drive on...itching to get some Audi and Subaru's on dirt...not to mention that Raptor.
I don't mind the idea of club racing with 'traffic' cars tbh...yes the AI is currently ...ummm....'challenged'...but so are most real drivers that I commute to work with every morning.
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:18 pm

swviper wrote:yes the AI is currently ...ummm....'challenged'...but so are most real drivers that I commute to work with every morning.
Ha, yeah I agree with that 100000%. I just hate the extra added traffic because I am constantly running into it....
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:54 pm

I only saw the one with Dan talking about it and driving the viper around. To be honest it looks like a nfs or burnout knock off. Dont know if I'll like it

Last edited by Lowflyinmx3 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Stupid swype!)
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:03 pm

Lowflyinmx3 wrote:To be honest out looks like a nfs or burnout knock off.
Yeah, I have kinda lost interest in those types of games...
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:04 pm

I think my biggest thing is you get money for doing damage. I mean we all play cat and mouse sometimes but thats just an open invitation for bashers and the like.
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlagra DUH Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:06 pm

it looks to much like NFS - Hot pursuit for me. Ill prob pass til 5 comes out.

Halo 4 looks amazing though Smile
Vlagra DUH
Vlagra DUH
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:05 am

If there is a demo then it will be good... If there is not demo it will SUCK! That is how I judge games and It really hasn't failed me yet. The majority of game that I buy that do not have demo's SUCK... I'm a big fan of "try before you buy", and it gets my goat when game publishers don't offer one...

If Turn10 offered a demo, we'll be able to see first hand what it's like. Hell, I picked up FM4 only AFTER playing the demo. I actually logged on to Amazon and ordered it with the demo still running! LOL...
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:04 am

swviper wrote:The club thing hopefully will make the transition. Hopefully it will work better than in TDU. I love that there are other surfaces to drive on...itching to get some Audi and Subaru's on dirt...not to mention that Raptor.
I don't mind the idea of club racing with 'traffic' cars tbh...yes the AI is currently ...ummm....'challenged'...but so are most real drivers that I commute to work with every morning.

As long as the game is good, I will play, and yes, hopefully there will e a club option... If the FM4 clubs don't directly transition, we should definitely start it up there as well...
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:13 am

I'm pretty excited about Horizon so far. All the while I was playing TDU I was thinking: this would be so awesome if it had Forza physics. FM is great, but I would love to sometimes just take a car and go drive on some roads, no circuit, no racing, just driving. I don't know if Horizon will have that option exactly, but the idea of open roads with Forza physics is very appealing to me. Especially when it comes to classics (Mercedes Gullwing or the Corvette Stingray, for example), I'd like to just take them out stock and go cruising. I wasted many hours doing that in TDU, even with the dodgy physics engine.

I see there's also going to be another NFS Most Wanted. Isn't it funny how, when Criterion (re)makes a NFS game, they name it as if it's the first? There were 2 Hot Pursuits, yet their 3rd one is simply called NFS Hot Pursuit. There has already been a Most Wanted, yet this new one is also simply called NFS Most Wanted.
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:05 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxiP5aWPVwM

Horizon gameplay finally!

Game looks great, night and day, road looks open enough and fun...I might hope for a bit more traffic for a bit more weaving and dangerous-ness. But looks great, I wish there was a bit of cockpit view shown. Hopefully they have a demo so we can get a feel for the physics of the game!
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:15 am

Markve91 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxiP5aWPVwM

Horizon gameplay finally!

Game looks great, night and day, road looks open enough and fun...I might hope for a bit more traffic for a bit more weaving and dangerous-ness. But looks great, I wish there was a bit of cockpit view shown. Hopefully they have a demo so we can get a feel for the physics of the game!
I think they already announced the demo but I'm not completely sure. you can check forzamotorsport.net to find out for sure
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:38 am

Here's another video. Mostly talking by Dan Greenawalt and Ralph Fulton (I remember him from the Grid movies), with some gameplay. It's almost 25 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGx3Uif3maA
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by swviper Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:16 am

So far I don't hate where it looks like Horizon is going. It's not a FM4 replacement...but pretty sure I'll be grabbing this one, because I do like the open world aspect, and just sometimes being able to cruise around and explore is fun. TDU for all it's faults was a pretty fun game...TDU2 not as much imo
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:39 am

Yeah I've been itching for an open world game with some decent physics. I just need to see more gameplay to make a decision on if I'll get it or not..but so far it looks great
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by SICMOPAR Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:39 pm

found this https://youtu.be/YvOPw720-r0
SICMOPAR
SICMOPAR
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fischs3 Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:14 am

I am not going to kid myself, I will be getting this game. I like the open world concept, night driving and weather conditions. From watching the demo, what I noticed that I did not like was the almost constant pop up messages in the middle of the screen, very distracting.

My wife is not going to like October coming up. With Horizon, Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 coming out, I may be in for some trouble.
Fischs3
Fischs3
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by swviper Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:55 am

[quote="Fischs3"]My wife is not going to like October coming up. With Horizon, Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 coming out, I may be in for some trouble.[/quote]

Not to mention Borderlands 2, Guild Wars 2, GTA 5 (supposed to be out)....maybe we should start a 'looking for roommate' thread
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:16 pm

[quote="swviper"]
Fischs3 wrote:....maybe we should start a 'looking for roommate' thread
This is so funny because The Purple Man, my RL friend and non-forum visiting U2SC member, has jokingly offered several times to let me move in to his swinging bachelor pad. He's always trying to get me to play GOW3 Horde and doesn't seem to understand that I can't just fire up the Xbox for an uninterrupted stretch at any given hour.

Horizon looks like a lot of fun. I think I can safely say I'll be picking it up in October.
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:17 pm

I'll be pre-ordering it....

We need to work out how we are going to create the club in Horizon... Low?
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:19 pm

swviper wrote:
Fischs3 wrote:My wife is not going to like October coming up. With Horizon, Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 coming out, I may be in for some trouble.

Not to mention Borderlands 2, Guild Wars 2, GTA 5 (supposed to be out)....maybe we should start a 'looking for roommate' thread

LOL.... I just go with lack of sleep FTW... Once everyone is in bed, I play.... I may need to rethink that one soon though... The DVR is filling up (watch 8 episodes of Deadliest Catch last night LOL) and my carpal tunnel keeps acting up.... hmmmmmm... Wink
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:08 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:I'll be pre-ordering it....

Same as we did this one. Give it the same name and we will start sending the invites out. Obviously the people here get top priority.
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:09 pm

Lowflyinmx3 wrote:
BiggLou55 wrote:I'll be pre-ordering it....

Same as we did this one. Give it the same name and we will start sending the invites out. Obviously the people here get top priority.
does this mean the club feature will be included in horizon for sure?
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next