[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally finished career mode.

+5
BiggLou55
beefsupreme42
CASH XRS
swviper
Lowflyinmx3
9 posters

Go down

Finally finished career mode.  Empty Finally finished career mode.

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:49 pm

Last night I finally made it thru the "league of legends" season and finished. I don't know why but I have been so compelled to see it thru to the end that I spent a lot of time doing career instead of practicing for series races (that my excuse for why I suck so bad). The wife said she wished I was that compelled about finishing house work (fat chance!) Lol. But now that its done, hopefully I can start practicing more and work my way into some competition instead of hitting the wall so much. Plus M. Rossi was only a few races from pulling me out of my car and whooping my ass. Who else has finished it?
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Finally finished career mode.  Empty Re: Finally finished career mode.

Post by swviper Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:57 pm

Congrats Low! it's nice to have it done!

I actually spent all my time when I first got Forza playing single player, I was never much for online racing, so I got through career pretty quickly. It was after I was done that I started thinking about joining a club, and found here Smile

I'm a junkie for making achievements...so when the wife starts about not having some baseboards painted or something, I ask her how many gamer points are in it. I'm spending way too much time working on the BucketList and World Tourer ...my last two achievements
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by CASH XRS Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:57 pm

I stopped playing career mode once I joined this group. After that, our series races pretty much became my career mode lol.
CASH XRS
CASH XRS
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:06 pm

CASH XRS wrote:I stopped playing career mode once I joined this group. After that, our series races pretty much became my career mode lol.
haha, same here. I only race online (with the club and sometimes in public lobbies) and do rivals mode events now
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:40 pm

beefsupreme42 wrote:
CASH XRS wrote:I stopped playing career mode once I joined this group. After that, our series races pretty much became my career mode lol.
haha, same here. I only race online (with the club and sometimes in public lobbies) and do rivals mode events now

Same here, but I just started back up again... Now that I am a decent tuner and a better driver, I am SMOKING the AI... + I've got lots of cars tuned in every class! I'm gonna try and finish too... It's a good way to earn credits and the races are pretty easy... You don't need to win to move on! Wink
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CASH XRS Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:
beefsupreme42 wrote:

Same here, but I just started back up again... Now that I am a decent tuner and a better driver, I am SMOKING the AI... + I've got lots of cars tuned in every class! I'm gonna try and finish too... It's a good way to earn credits and the races are pretty easy... You don't need to win to move on! Wink

Haha yeah, but I refuse to NOT win any race that I do in career lol.
CASH XRS
CASH XRS
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:20 pm

CASH XRS wrote:Haha yeah, but I refuse to NOT win any race that I do in career lol.
haha, I'm the same way! Very Happy
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:45 pm

Congrats! Like swviper, I also blew through it fairly quickly before joining U2SC.

I've been slowly picking away at the Event List since then. It's going to take forever but I'm determined to see it through. The worst and most time consuming part is the Championship races (last column on the right) with two heats and a bazillion laps for all classes. Those take close to a half hour per race. It's like grinding in an RPG.
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:08 pm

Luckily I'm only in the 5th or 6th season, so the races are still crazy short - 2-3 laps Very Happy -
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:09 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:Luckily I'm only in the 5th or 6th season, so the races are still crazy short - 2-3 laps Very Happy -
I think I'm on year 4 tongue
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:17 pm

so when the wife starts about not having some baseboards painted or something, I ask her how many gamer points are in it.

lol!

I too am a "cheevo" junkie. Idk they give me something to work on in the game if there isn't anything else to do. And it's always satisfying to hear the bloop! and the message pops up.

I finished career mode pretty quickly and I reallly wanna finish all the events but I can't bring myself to do more than 1 or 2 races in a sitting..after the club races the Career race just dont seem as exciting.
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:50 pm

CASH XRS wrote:Haha yeah, but I refuse to NOT win any race that I do in career lol.

I WILL finish first in every race, but (being the cheevo whore I am) I want to get through the seasons FIRST... Then I'll go back and rerun all the ones I didn't finish in the top spot... I think that's what made me stop playing Career mode in the first place... I was too wrapped up in getting #1 in every race.... If I remember correctly, in GT4 you HAD to finish in 1st, 2nd or 3rd in order to advance. There were also a crap ton of rewards for finishing #1... In FM4, I no longer need money, and I am like level 130 or something. What's the point of getting frustrated with a career race? NADA!! Very Happy
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:04 pm

BiggLou55 wrote: I no longer need money, and I am like level 130 or something.
after you hit level 150, you don't get any more money for leveling up Sad I think I'm at level 155
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:56 pm

I get plenty of CR from the club lobbies and rivals.... Rivals is a cash cow once you get ti the 50k + range! Very Happy
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:24 pm

I was on the 8th or 9th season when I joined the club. I finally finished the 10th season last week. It was like pulling teeth trying to finish it.

Especially the last race. Given last week's qualifier, I was really hard pressed to do it.

Don't think I will go back to it.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by swviper Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:23 pm

xraydash wrote:The worst and most time consuming part is the Championship races (last column on the right) with two heats and a bazillion laps for all classes. Those take close to a half hour per race. It's like grinding in an RPG.

YES!!!!!, and there is a dozen tracks in each class Sad I'm finally up to B class on that row (not my last row btw)...the lower class series are BRUTAL. I have half of the Porsche series races now too.
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:46 pm

swviper wrote:
xraydash wrote:The worst and most time consuming part is the Championship races (last column on the right) with two heats and a bazillion laps for all classes. Those take close to a half hour per race. It's like grinding in an RPG.

YES!!!!!, and there is a dozen tracks in each class Sad I'm finally up to B class on that row (not my last row btw)...the lower class series are BRUTAL. I have half of the Porsche series races now too.
I've been making a determined effort to finish those off. I've got 11 R2, 5 R1, and 8 D class to go. I really like F and E class so didn't mind those. What difficulty do you set it on? If there are a lot of turns I put it on professional because the AI sucks at cornering. I sometimes have to bump it down to hard or even medium on tracks like Sebring though because I have a hard time catching up on those straights after fighting through the crowd. And let me tell you, it really sucks having to do the whole race over because you couldn't pull it off on the second heat. Damn AI cheaters!
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:47 pm

swviper wrote:

I do those when I need a few extra credits, but it usually gives you more CR to start an online lobby and do a 10 lap race at almost any track
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:48 pm

xraydash wrote:
I've got 11 R2, 5 R1, and 8 D class to go. I really like F and E class so didn't mind those.
I used to cheat and turn the class restrictor off so I could get the races done quicker Laughing
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by swviper Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:14 am

I run them on Pro normally, but yeah, similarly, there are a couple of them where if the 'leaderboard' car is racing you just can not beat the damn thing...so if you wanna run something 'oddball' you have to knock it down to hard, but then it's too easy.
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:07 pm

swviper wrote:I'm a junkie for making achievements...so when the wife starts about not having some baseboards painted or something, I ask her how many gamer points are in it.

I would love to hear her response ...
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by swviper Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:13 pm

shinnsoon wrote:
swviper wrote:I'm a junkie for making achievements...so when the wife starts about not having some baseboards painted or something, I ask her how many gamer points are in it.

I would love to hear her response ...

Make no mistake, I get the last word(s) in at my house. They are always "Yes, dear" ...but still....
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:20 pm

swviper wrote:Make no mistake, I get the last word(s) in at my house. They are always "Yes, dear" ...but still....

lol!
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by swviper Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:11 am

Finally got the World Tourer acheivement last week....didn't realize what a pain that one was.

Only one more to go! ...BucketList...
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down