[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club Bounty Rival

+4
marmuttlebow
beefsupreme42
swviper
Fischs3
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Club Bounty Rival Empty Club Bounty Rival

Post by Fischs3 Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:41 pm

I thought of an idea. How about we start a club rival event. Pick a rival event, lay down your best time and then have the club try to catch you. So, if you are interested, I will start with the first one.

I picked one of my favourites. Rush Hour at the Ring.

Go to: Rivals / Track Days / Rush Hour at the Ring

I currently have the club lead with a time of 9:56:085. Not a great time, most can do better, but to beat me you have to do it clean, tough part. Also, no flying laps.

This will be an open invitation to anyone in the club. If you beat me I will personally gift you the car I used to set the time, a Maserati GranTurismo MCGT4. I believe this is a DLC car so if you don't have the pack no problem, I will gift you a car of your choice, same value.

I would also love to put a special livery on the winning car but I suck at painting, so if any painters out there would like to paint the winning car, let me know. I will gift you the car, paint it and send it back to me unlocked so that I can put the design on all winning cars. Please put your own sig on the car to show you made the livery and it will not be sold by me only gifted to winners.

Let me know what you think, and have fun trying to catch me. rabbit
Fischs3
Fischs3
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Club Bounty Rival Empty Re: Club Bounty Rival

Post by swviper Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:47 pm

I like this idea! I'm prolly not going to be able to get to it this week...with weather being hot, suspect wife will be in basement most nights to keep cool...which means PC gaming instead. By weekend, I should be able to give it a shot.
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:51 pm

awesome!! can I be next week's bounty? I have some designs that I would like to gift out... this is much better than the FM4 bounty because we will actually get the prize cars out...
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:09 am

GAWD DANGIT!

Fisch I can never beat you on Rivals. Sure, start this one out with a tough one why dontcha? I remember you having a tough time with Montoya. Ever since then, you've been sitting near the top. Kudos to you.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:32 am

I always hate the track days rivals... I don't think I will be able to beat you in this one because I'm too impatient to wait for an opening to appear in the traffic, I just smash right through it Very Happy
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:08 pm

Beef... Grats on 1k posts! Smile

Marm is like 10 posts behind you!
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fischs3 Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:44 pm

Thx Marm, I am still waiting for Mark to get in on this, he always beats me. I used to hate track events, then I started to do them just to get better and now I actually like 'em.

No takers on doing up a special livery?

I will also do a draw when we decide to end the event. Anybody that has set a better time since I began the event will be entered to win.

IMO it is not about the prize but rather improving your time. So get some times on the board and have fun.
Fischs3
Fischs3
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:03 pm

Fischs3 wrote:Thx Marm, I am still waiting for Mark to get in on this, he always beats me. I used to hate track events, then I started to do them just to get better and now I actually like 'em.

I will also do a draw when we decide to end the event. Anybody that has set a better time since I began the event will be entered to win.

IMO it is not about the prize but rather improving your time. So get some times on the board and have fun.
I could do a club bounty paint for you, send the car over and I will do it. Maybe make the deadline monday at midnight?
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:21 pm

So I gave this a try. GOOD GOD is this ever frustrating.

Keep restarting cuz I don't want to run the entire track only to screw up in the chicanes and waste another 4 minutes.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:16 am

Fischs3 wrote:Thx Marm, I am still waiting for Mark to get in on this, he always beats me. I used to hate track events, then I started to do them just to get better and now I actually like 'em.

Got some time to sit down and try this...Finally beat you after countless stupid mistakes lol. If the replay shows me going through traffic it'd be a really good watch. So many close calls! No prize for me though! Putting a clean lap on a track day event on the 'ring is prize enough lol!
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fischs3 Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:12 pm

Marm, if I can do it, so can you. I remember you helping me get through the Montoya rival, here is my chance to pay you back.

Mark, I knew you would not let me down. But you have to take the prize, that is part of the deal. Beef offered to do a livery, I sent it to him last night.

Lou, any chance you can do up a quick tune on the car? Let me know.
Fischs3
Fischs3
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fischs3 Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:18 pm

Holy crap Mark, I just checked the LB. you killed my time, over 30 seconds faster.
Fischs3
Fischs3
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:47 pm

btw,,, I am out on this one.... Me and the ring don't get along... It's a Hate Hate relationship....
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:15 pm

Fischs3 wrote:Marm, if I can do it, so can you. I remember you helping me get through the Montoya rival, here is my chance to pay you back.

Ahh, but you have patience. See, if I didn't get Montoya within a few laps, I would've given up on it. Same with all the other rivals. Unlike you or beef, I just don't want to put in the time. As an example, Beef put in 150+ laps at Maple Valley. I put in maybe 10. I just gave up after that.

I'll give it a run (seeing as how I haven't even posted a time). But this is going to be annoying. I just know it. I have a tough enough time trying to run a clean lap as it is. And now you're throwing traffic in the way?
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:48 pm

I still haven't put up a time yet... I suppose I'll have to be extra careful because I tend to get angry if I hit a car in the last sector... by the way, is this an S class event?
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by swviper Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:25 pm

marmuttlebow wrote: I just know it. I have a tough enough time trying to run a clean lap as it is. And now you're throwing traffic in the way?

Not only that, the bloody SUV drivers on this one like to keep it 2 wide.
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:15 pm

swviper wrote:
marmuttlebow wrote: I just know it. I have a tough enough time trying to run a clean lap as it is. And now you're throwing traffic in the way?

Not only that, the bloody SUV drivers on this one like to keep it 2 wide.

They were the worst to get around. I had a ton of close calls because of those damn SUVs. And I was only 30 seconds faster because I got really lucky lots of time in that run Razz. And alright a deal's a deal I'll take the car!

Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:23 pm

I'm starting to get annoyed with this, I can't seem to stay clean for the whole lap. I'm just too impatient to stick behind the cars and wait for them to get around a corner.

Also, can I move the week that I will be club bounty back a week or 2? I just came up with a great idea for a bounty hunter livery and it will take a while to finish
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:10 pm

beefsupreme42 wrote:I'm starting to get annoyed with this, I can't seem to stay clean for the whole lap. I'm just too impatient to stick behind the cars and wait for them to get around a corner.

Also, can I move the week that I will be club bounty back a week or 2? I just came up with a great idea for a bounty hunter livery and it will take a while to finish

This is why the Ring and I have a Hate Hate relationship.... Clean until the last sector... BAM... 10+ minutes down the drain (when you factor in loading and menu times)... The reward is not big enough for me (even a unicorn wouldn't do it)...
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fischs3 Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:58 am

I will set a cutoff date for this rival at June 30, 11:59pm.

So far Mark has beaten my time.

The following list are drivers that have tried it and will be entered in a random draw to win.

Magico UK
Marmuttlebow
Beefsupreme
SWViper
B08MATH
Hagie1

Let me know if I have missed your GT. I will also post a photo of the car when done by Beefsupreme. Thank you to Beef for helping out.
Fischs3
Fischs3
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:29 am

I am going to give this another shot, but I don't think I will be able to get a clean lap out of it. I have been using the ACR Viper (probably my best choice) and I tried the lotus exige because it was small, but it was nowhere near as maneuverable as the viper. I'm hoping I can get a clean lap in (thats really the challenge for me here) but I'm just wayyy to impatient to stay behind the AI during corners
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by swviper Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:37 am

I'm not done with this one yet...I'll get a clean lap in yet!!
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by Fischs3 Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:43 am

Beef, patience is the key. If you watch my replay you will see that a number of times I held back and waited for an opening to get around clean. Pointers that I can give is use the full driving line since the AI will stick to it, drive off of it. In corners take them wide if the AI is already in the corner to get around, if you and AI are heading into the corner, take it inside as you will be faster to the corner.
Fischs3
Fischs3
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:04 pm

Fischs3 wrote:Pointers that I can give is use the full driving line since the AI will stick to it, drive off of it.
I can't believe I never thought of that. thanks for the tips!
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by xII CASE IIx Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Ran a clean 9:33.286!
xII CASE IIx
xII CASE IIx
"I live my life a quarter mile at a time"

Back to top Go down