[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Low's Spec Miata Series Announcement and Discussion Thread

+16
SouthernFist7
B08MATH
xraydash
xII CASE IIx
nubrocket
Red Sniper 213
Eric21477
swviper
FraidKn0t
wolfman115
beefsupreme42
xXhpi racingXx
marmuttlebow
Markve91
BiggLou55
Lowflyinmx3
20 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Low's Spec Miata Series Announcement and Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Low's Spec Miata Series Announcement and Discussion Thread

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:12 pm

The first scheduled race will be Oct 20. Not exactly sure on the time but I'm thinking around 9:30. Any thoughts?
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Low's Spec Miata Series Announcement and Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Low's Spec Miata Series Announcement and Discussion Thread

Post by BiggLou55 Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:13 pm

9:30pm Eastern? Is 2 hours enough to finish before the series race?

I'm in...
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:18 pm

I am going to start designing this week... trying to think of something good I can use....
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:19 pm

The 20th is a Saturday correct?
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:22 pm

you have a calendar on the right of your screen now, remember?

...yes it is
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:37 pm

Sorry.. I didn't look at the day at the top, and just assumed that was a friday... LOL
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:33 pm

What class do you want to be in beef? Did I send you the template already?
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:42 pm

Lowflyinmx3 wrote:What class do you want to be in beef? Did I send you the template already?

I want to compete with mark because it will make me feel good about myself if I can keep up Very Happy

I don't think you sent me the template yet. are there any restrictions to the base color?
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:34 pm

No restrictions on base color.
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:33 pm

20th sounds good!, I've still got to design this thing and practice with it...
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfman115 Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:04 am

Here is my finished design. Let me know if I need to change anything. Hope you guys like!

Low's Spec Miata Series Announcement and Discussion Thread - Page 2 Mx51

Low's Spec Miata Series Announcement and Discussion Thread - Page 2 Mx52

Low's Spec Miata Series Announcement and Discussion Thread - Page 2 Mx53
wolfman115
wolfman115
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:43 am

Need more safety striping.

Of course, that's me and my affinity for nasty livery talking.

Good job.

Set the car up last night, tried running on Laguna. Made it up to the corkscrew before I just screw it and turned the xbox off. No opinion on the car. I just wasn't paying attention last night.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:04 pm

Looking good guys...

I was working on my build and livery last night.... I was just about done with the livery when I accidentally (due to being REALLY tired) canceled out (hit X instead of A on exit) of a really good design session and lost a lot of livery goodness... I was pissed, so I rage quit my Xbox LOL.... I'll finish it up tonight.... and post pics this weekend...
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FraidKn0t Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:10 pm

I got my sponsor vinyl group made last night & think ya'll will like it! I dont have the base template yet so I didn't get a chance to mock everything up but I'm excited to see the final product
FraidKn0t
FraidKn0t
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:59 pm

put a super simplistic livery together...Now i've got to do some test laps!
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:32 pm

I'll get the template to you here soon Fraid. Anyone else need the template?
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:34 pm

Looking good wolfman.
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by swviper Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:28 pm

Late to this, sorry....Sept was a complete write off.

Totally in for this!
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:48 pm

Send me a message on live reminding me tonight viper and I'll grey you the template. Also, What class do you want to be in? I'll put everyone's name in their class when I finally come home to a charged laptop. Damn woman is battery challenged I swear lol.
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:56 pm

Low.. I will say that I questions whether or not I am in the pro class, but I guess we'll wait and see...

I do suggest that you have an active classification system where you adjust the class through the series, or use the first race as a determination of class... we can look at the results and determine high or low class based on total race times... The reason I say this is that the car has a lot to do with how your place in a race, as does tune.... With both of those out of the equation, we'll see a purer representation of driver skill.... Thoughts?
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FraidKn0t Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:21 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:active classification system where you adjust the class through the series, or use the first race as a determination of class

I like this!!! I will volunteer to work out a handicap system to give slower guys a little more PI.

Idea 1 - Honor system... More accurate / less bias / People could sandbag
Everyone runs 7 laps in the spec miata separately (no traffic/ghosts to skew times) at several less popular tracks (remove any track advantage from practice) and report simple average of their times [total time รท 7] . Then compare individuals to the rest of the participants to produce a scale.

Idea 2 - Prior results... More bias / no sandbagging
The results from previous series races are available in the archives. Since folks were in those races were in it to win, it's probably safe to say using those times would prevent any sandbagging. We can compile total race times compared to the rest of the participants to figure out how we rank between each other.
FraidKn0t
FraidKn0t
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:57 pm

I'm thinking that the first race its what I'll use to set everyone in their class. Probably just split it down the middle. There will be 1,2,3 prizes for both class. I'll still move people around based on their skill throughout the series. I trust the people here enough that I don't feel anyone will really sand bag a race or two just to get into the rookie class. I'm going to be running balls to the wall no matter what. Even if I move myself to pro and then come in last in that class I'm still going to be happy with how I finish.
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:15 pm

I wouldn't sandbag to drop in class. I would however be prone to screwing up thereby leaving me in a bad position. Then I'd have to Beef my way to the front.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:02 pm

Yeah but screwing up is different. I screw up huge a lot, you and some other guys in the club rarely screw up. That's a big difference.
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric21477 Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:57 pm

I want in, send me the template please Very Happy
Eric21477
Eric21477
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next