[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else have a job that really blows?

4 posters

Go down

Anyone else have a job that really blows? Empty Anyone else have a job that really blows?

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:16 pm

Ok so I love the actual work, I'm a boiler mechanic/ ammonia refrigeration technician, but the people really suck and I swear I'm working with 13 year old girls sometimes. Today was the last straw and now I'm starting to look elsewhere. If I get the job that I'm hoping to the only bad side is I probably won't be online much anymore and will have to hand the reigns over to someone else. It just aggravates me when you do a good job and people try and muddy your name. Anyone else in this boat?
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Anyone else have a job that really blows? Empty Re: Anyone else have a job that really blows?

Post by marmuttlebow Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:54 pm

Used to be.

Took a big pay cut and switched industries. SOOOOO much happier now. Both with work and at home. Amazing how a job you hate affects you at home.

I feel your pain dude. Assuming you're not on tooo late, we can figure something out (if you're willing).

Good luck on your search. Hope things turn out for you.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Anyone else have a job that really blows? Empty Re: Anyone else have a job that really blows?

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:54 am

Mine sucked until I switched positions... I was the Manager over Global IT Infrastructure Platform & System Services (Servers and stuff) for a large services company. I burned out and switch into an Operations architecture role, and I love it.... Like Marm, it has made a huge difference at both work and home...
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XxCONVERGExX Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:40 pm

Right now having a job at all would be nice. Finishing up a masters degree after my bachelors netted me a total of zero interest from anyone. The research I do barely pays for tuition so I've had to move back home with the rents. Its tough though spending 12 hours away from home every day, working a part time job at a bike shop on the weekends, and still not having any money.
XxCONVERGExX
XxCONVERGExX
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:29 am

XxCONVERGExX wrote:Right now having a job at all would be nice. Finishing up a masters degree after my bachelors netted me a total of zero interest from anyone. The research I do barely pays for tuition so I've had to move back home with the rents. Its tough though spending 12 hours away from home every day, working a part time job at a bike shop on the weekends, and still not having any money.

What's your area of study Converge?

P.S. There's nothing wrong with bunking with the rents while you are in school. It's good that you have a supportive family!
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:51 am

BiggLou55 wrote:
What's your area of study Converge?

P.S. There's nothing wrong with bunking with the rents while you are in school. It's good that you have a supportive family!

I think his issue is that his family cheers for San Jose and not Detroit. Sad bounce
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by XxCONVERGExX Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:23 pm

Its Bioinformatics... mostly systems biology and whatnot but lots of coding and DB management for the projects I'm involved in. and yeah there isnt anything wrong with bunking up with the rents per se but it gets tiring. I also dont think I could look my parents in the eye if they made the poor mistake of cheering for San Jose... they... like me... believe in Detroit.
XxCONVERGExX
XxCONVERGExX
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:25 pm

XxCONVERGExX wrote:Its Bioinformatics... mostly systems biology and whatnot but lots of coding and DB management for the projects I'm involved in. and yeah there isnt anything wrong with bunking up with the rents per se but it gets tiring. I also dont think I could look my parents in the eye if they made the poor mistake of cheering for San Jose... they... like me... believe in Detroit.

Very nice on the Bioinformatics.... There should be lots out there for you once you have the Masters.... Are you on a Medical or Bio Engineering track with that?
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum