[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new monthly series setup.

+3
swviper
SouthernFist7
Lowflyinmx3
7 posters

Go down

A new monthly series setup. Empty A new monthly series setup.

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:29 pm

So as you guys are aware, Bigglou is the mastermind behind next months series. Me and the other leaders have been tied up here and there all month, so lou offered to help. I do appreciate it lou. But it also gave me an idea. Let the members share their ideas. This way I know I'm not subjecting just my thoughts and ideas on you all and risk having people not enjoy the game. This thread can be a sign up sheet to volunteer to create a series. Beef supreme has claimed june (I'm excited because now I have a excuse to buy the crz!) so just continue down the calendar. Let me know what you think.
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

A new monthly series setup. Empty Re: A new monthly series setup.

Post by SouthernFist7 Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:46 pm

How about a doing a multiclass race, and dividing the classes by skill level. In other words, the 8 faster guys race B class, and the 8 less fast guys race A class, or vice versa. Then there would be prizes for the winners of both skill groups.
SouthernFist7
SouthernFist7
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by swviper Tue May 01, 2012 10:01 am

SouthernFist7 wrote:How about a doing a multiclass race, and dividing the classes by skill level. In other words, the 8 faster guys race B class, and the 8 less fast guys race A class, or vice versa. Then there would be prizes for the winners of both skill groups.

+1 use standings from previous months to determine class...depending on interest, could even do a 4-4-4 and split across 3 classes, just to make traffic that much more interesting
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Tue May 01, 2012 10:21 am

To build on Southern's, I'd suggest the top tier in a slower class. Make it more challenging for 'em, and provides the lower tier an opportunity to finish a race (or will we be basing it on best lap time when compiling across the 2 sessions).
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Tue May 01, 2012 11:07 am

Sounds like Southern is volunteering for setting up july Wink
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue May 01, 2012 12:17 pm

Yes.... Yes it does! Very Happy

I like the multi-class idea, but to add a twist... Multi-class SPEC.... Very Happy Have 3 classes, with three different spec cars... Southern... Start a thread on this one so we don't hijack this one! Very Happy
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Tue May 01, 2012 4:02 pm

Another idea I saw in another forum, High School races.

Take your years in high school, find an affordable car and that's the car you race with. While limiting mods to "sport" level. But you have a limited amount of cash, or since some of us have attained level 4 affinity, restrict to to the number of mods.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue May 01, 2012 4:50 pm

You mean I have to choose cars from 1986-1990? Great!!! Mad I guess I have to go with a Bimmer on this one! LOL...

On second thought, I just looked at my selection, and depending on the class, this could interesting... Wink
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Tue May 01, 2012 4:53 pm

Me ands joe were talking about doing an ice breaker race here soon to revamp interest in the club. That sounds like a good idea marm. Or pick a car from the year you were born.
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue May 01, 2012 4:54 pm

Lowflyinmx3 wrote:Me ands joe were talking about doing an ice breaker race here soon to revamp interest in the club. That sounds like a good idea marm. Or pick a car from the year you were born.

So... My choices are.... 1972 Mercedes Benz 300 SEL 6.3..... the end... LOL
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Tue May 01, 2012 5:02 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:
So... My choices are.... 1972 Mercedes Benz 300 SEL 6.3..... the end... LOL

Dunno what they've got for '76. I'm going to assume it ain't much better.

edit: Just checked, I've got NOTHING.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Tue May 01, 2012 5:09 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:You mean I have to choose cars from 1986-1990? Great!!! Mad I guess I have to go with a Bimmer on this one! LOL...

On second thought, I just looked at my selection, and depending on the class, this could interesting... Wink

Well, if you were well off, then yeah, I guess you could get that BMW. I'm thinking more from a poor student perspective. Not high school fanboi dream car. While my High School years were from 90-94, I'm thinking "affordable" would've been something before '86 at best.

And I don't know how to work out "fairness" when it comes to modding. Gonna have to explore this one a little further.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue May 01, 2012 5:32 pm

We should do it as a junker spec series... Pick a list of "affordable" cars in each decade, and map those to High School years... IMHO only way to really make it fair!... Very Happy
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SouthernFist7 Tue May 01, 2012 8:13 pm

[quote="Lowflyinmx3"]Sounds like Southern is volunteering for setting up july Wink[/quote

yes, i'll do it. I also like the idea of the icebreaker race to get some new members involved. We have a really good core of guys, and it may be intimidating for new people to get involved in the mix. "Intimidated" isn't the right word, but i think yall know what i mean.
SouthernFist7
SouthernFist7
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Wed May 02, 2012 6:42 pm

Believe it or not, I have another series idea, but others are welcome to it to either run with or incorporate into their series idea.

Time trial series
This would be a multi-class, single class or spec build single car time trial series, that is essentially a Hot-lap competition. Everyone will be on the track at the same time, but we will have a 5-10 second roll-off between cars (depending on track length) and a race timer or 30 minutes (grid ordering is important to the time you have on the track!). Win condition is set to fastest lap.
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Wed May 02, 2012 6:45 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:Believe it or not, I have another series idea, but others are welcome to it to either run with or incorporate into their series idea.

Time trial series
This would be a multi-class, single class or spec build single car time trial series, that is essentially a Hot-lap competition. Everyone will be on the track at the same time, but we will have a 5-10 second roll-off between cars (depending on track length) and a race timer or 30 minutes (grid ordering is important to the time you have on the track!). Win condition is set to fastest lap.
Are you trying to set up Mark to win??? Smile
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Wed May 02, 2012 7:13 pm

No.... I drive better on hot lapping... Mark HATEs traffic... If we stagger starts, he'll be hitting traffic the whole time.... hint-hint-nudge-nudge... Traffic slows you down!! Very Happy
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 Wed May 02, 2012 8:08 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:No.... I drive better on hot lapping... Mark HATEs traffic... If we stagger starts, he'll be hitting traffic the whole time.... hint-hint-nudge-nudge... Traffic slows you down!! Very Happy

Lou's got it right, other cars on the track make me nervous! I can only hotlap with a clear road ahead of me. But that'd be a fun idea I think. Like track days except without the braindead AI
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Thu May 03, 2012 6:12 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:No.... I drive better on hot lapping... Mark HATEs traffic... If we stagger starts, he'll be hitting traffic the whole time.... hint-hint-nudge-nudge... Traffic slows you down!! Very Happy
Ohhh I see what you're getting at. Twisted Evil If there will be a qualifier, we will have to find an event that will help him qualify somewhere in the back of the pack
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum