[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to flip a an unlocked layer group!

5 posters

Go down

how to flip a an unlocked layer group! Empty how to flip a an unlocked layer group!

Post by BiggLou55 Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:51 pm

So... I've been working on my painting skills doing the U2SC Police Liveries. When I was working on the back bumper of the SHO, I needed to flip the curved section of the white skirt stripe. Since I didn't want to have to do that stamp work again, I found an easy way to do it. We all know that we can copy everything from one side of a car to the other, but there is another use for that feature! Very Happy

(this might be something that the more experienced painters do already, but I discovered it for myself yesterday)

Copy the layer group on the top, rear, front or wing to one of the sides.
Then go to the other side and "copy all from other side"
Cut the flipped group and paste it to the top/rear/front/wing (wherever you were working)...
Easy peezy lemon squeezy!

Tip: If you are in the middle of a design on either side, be sure to temporarily group all of your existing layers together. that will make it easier to remove them on the other side, and help protect them on the source side!

Cheers!
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

how to flip a an unlocked layer group! Empty Re: how to flip a an unlocked layer group!

Post by JasonMurphy Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:46 pm

Note that you will have to temporarily relocate any locked vinyls to the top/front/rear of the car before using this trick, as "insert all from (other) side" will not work if there are any locked vinyls involved.
JasonMurphy
JasonMurphy
Century Forum Member

http://titaniumspork.org

Back to top Go down

how to flip a an unlocked layer group! Empty Re: how to flip a an unlocked layer group!

Post by BiggLou55 Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:48 pm

Yep... I hate it that you cannot mirror a locked vinyl though... Pissed me off the first time I encountered that one!
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joekorn Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:44 am

Oh good Lord thanks for this post Lou, wish I would have read it long ago. I'd been avoiding non-linear designs on the tops of cars because I had no idea how to make it symmetrical. Woohoo!
joekorn
joekorn
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by swviper Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:54 pm

AWESOME....I can go back and make the lines on my Evora symetrical now, nice tip Lou!
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by FraidKn0t Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:10 pm

Holy hell... I've wasted so much of my life
FraidKn0t
FraidKn0t
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum