[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Driver San Francisco

4 posters

Go down

Driver San Francisco Empty Driver San Francisco

Post by xraydash Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:34 pm

Anyone have this? I just ordered it for $10 from Best Buy's latest sale and will pick it up after work tomorrow. (It says free shipping but that's a stinking lie! Gotta pick it up at the store.) Sounds like an interesting premise and it has some cool cars.

I'm having trouble making text links for some reason. Here's where I found out about the sale if you are interested. (The direct link is about a page long.)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And a review:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Driver San Francisco Empty Re: Driver San Francisco

Post by Markve91 Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:24 am

I rented it when it came out, it's a pretty fun game! The concept was weird at first and it took a bit of getting used too, but it's something new and interesting to try out!
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by swviper Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:35 am

I played the demo of this a while ago, and thought about grabbing it when it was on a Steam sale a bit ago...I just have so much other stuff that I have been ignoring to play, and so much is coming out that I want to play, that I just don't think I will give it any time if I did get it.
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:36 pm

Thanks for letting me know, Mark. Looking forward to driving some virtual streets for a chance of pace. And the whole switching bodies/cars sounds pretty interesting.

My pile of unfinished/unplayed/neglected games is obscene. All I seem to play is Forza! Razz
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:12 pm

No problem, if you're really used to Forza physics it'll feel weird playing the game, you might find yourself braking too much so you dont understeer Razz. I was playing NFSMW on the PS2 the other day and I was wondering why I was doing so bad, and I realized that could take turns a lot faster than my Forza-mind was used to
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:06 pm

Markve91 wrote:if you're really used to Forza physics it'll feel weird playing the game
a few weeks ago I tried playing some of my old need for speed games. it completely screwed up the way I raced in forza...
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:37 pm

beefsupreme42 wrote:
Markve91 wrote:if you're really used to Forza physics it'll feel weird playing the game
a few weeks ago I tried playing some of my old need for speed games. it completely screwed up the way I raced in forza...
I had a hard time last night going from about an hour of playing Driver to practicing for week 3 in Forza. I settled in after a couple of laps but I know exactly what you guys are talking about.

Driver San Fancisco is fun. I like the crazy storyline, the challenges seem to have a lot of variety, and the cars are nice and all handle differently. It's definitely arcade racing and actually reminds me of Crazy Taxi in a lot of ways.
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down