[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merger / Partnership

5 posters

Go down

Merger / Partnership Empty Merger / Partnership

Post by joekorn Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:01 pm

Just a heads up to everyone, we are currently working on a merger/partnership with a UK-based club that is fairly similar to ours. We have long wanted to provide a better setup and more racing opportunities for our UK, Euro and African members, and may have found a great way to do it. Current talks are very promising, hopefully we can get it done soon.

On a related note, if you know of any other quality players or clubs, please let us know. We don't want to overextend ourselves, but always have spots open for active racers of any skill level.
joekorn
joekorn
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Merger / Partnership Empty Re: Merger / Partnership

Post by xII CASE IIx Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:20 pm

I think its cool but I would hate for anything to drastically change within our club as it is now.
xII CASE IIx
xII CASE IIx
"I live my life a quarter mile at a time"

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:22 pm

as long as we don't lose too many core members and we get to keep our club name the same (not sure why I want this, but I like it...) then I'm fine. It would be nice to get some new members
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by xII CASE IIx Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:28 pm

I would hate to see the club get too tangled in a way because too many things will be going on. The club name definetly cant change!
xII CASE IIx
xII CASE IIx
"I live my life a quarter mile at a time"

Back to top Go down

Post by asus50x Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:06 pm

I think the other merging club will feel exactly the same way we do

about name changes and other things.

this is a good group with an excellent core, "" pensive sigh""

asus50x
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ThrowMeAHotdog Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:22 pm

Could be two divisions of a large club, and we come up with a collective name?

ThrowMeAHotdog
Forum Admin

https://u2sc.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by joekorn Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:32 pm

Thanks for posting your thoughts guys, wanted to see what kind of questions and concerns popped up.

As for name change, I'm not really expecting much to happen there. We are not going to force anyone to change, as people generally do become attached to their club name/logo. Likewise, we would not change anything on our side without a significant discussion/vote/whatever involving everyone. No need to worry about any of that. I do like that idea though, HotDog.

As for changing our club dynamic, if this partnership does happen it would only have a positive influence (like our UK guys finally being able to race!). Details still being worked out, but I would expect us to operate pretty autonomously but with shared resources (forum, tuning/painting advice). Again, just speculation, but the basic idea is they will keep doing what they do and we will keep doing our thing. Only changes are the aforementioned shared resources, our UK/Euro guys will race with and/or join them, their guys can race with us if they happen to be awake insanely early. It would be pretty cool to also race with the same specs for some series so we could crown a 'World Champion' and so forth. Heads up though, these guys are pretty quick. Think Magico is 7th in their series.

Anyways, will let you know if anything develops. Hopefully it will soon, I'm pretty excited about this and the opportunity it gives to some of our current people. If it doesn't, we'll just have to keep looking for the right situation.
joekorn
joekorn
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:40 pm

joekorn wrote:Think Magico is 7th in their series.
Shocked Holy crap - when this happens, we should set up a saturday afternoon lobby so we can race with them and get to know our new clubmates
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by joekorn Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:07 pm

Fell through. They'd still be happy to have any of our guys join them for their races though. See their forum at pnuk.forumotion.co.uk for info. Good group, but they don't see much to gain by officially partnering with us. I disagree of course, but so be it.

Moving forward, wanted to open a discussion about looking for other groups to partner with. I think it would make a lot of sense, although I don't know how likely it will be that we can find a compatible club. As everyone has noticed, FM4 is nearing the end of its life cycle and participation has continued to drop. If we were to partner up with somebody we could increase our lobby size, forum activity and possibly even revive interest within our own group.

Any thoughts?
joekorn
joekorn
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:50 am

Maybe we can wait until FM5 to actually do the merger, but I think it would be good to look around for other clubs to partner up with while we are waiting
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down