[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Horizon pre-order incentive

+10
swviper
Markve91
FraidKn0t
xraydash
duplicatelogon
nubrocket
Fischs3
BiggLou55
beefsupreme42
shinnsoon
14 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Forza Horizon pre-order incentive - Page 3 Empty Re: Forza Horizon pre-order incentive

Post by nubrocket Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:08 pm

For those not interested in the LE version, I recommend preordering from the Microsoft Store. They're currently way in the lead, IMO, when it comes to preorder incentives for new games. In short, they give you money. $10 store credit AND 1600 MS points ($20!). I have moved my October preorders to their store under the motive of not paying "real" money on DLC for a very long time.

The catch? For whatever reason (*shakes fist at marketing contracts*), they are completely gutted of limited/collector edition copies of games. There's no Hardened edition for Black Ops 2, no LE for Forza Horizon, etc. They boast the limited edition of Halo 4, but man...I'd certainly hope they'd at least have that one.

Anyway, ramble ramble. I love my local Microsoft store.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Forza Horizon pre-order incentive - Page 3 Empty Re: Forza Horizon pre-order incentive

Post by FraidKn0t Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Man that's a good deal! Now I'm on the fence again... may have to cancel my LCE for this. Since you could use the MS pts to buy VIP & probably the "day 1" car pack, you're giving up:

• Retailer's specific pre-order car
  • The LCE liveries (5)
  • Accelerated access to new cars, map unlocks, fast travel, and popularity spikes
  • *specific cars to be announced at a later date

BUT you end up w/ an extra $20 in your bank account, leftover MS pts, & a $10 coupon to Microsoft
FraidKn0t
FraidKn0t
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:48 pm

Are you able to purchase VIP any other way? I thought you could only get it through the LCE package until they inevitably offer it for download six or so months later.
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:37 pm

That's probably what will happen. Are there unicorns in Horizon?
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:42 pm

nubrocket wrote:That's probably what will happen. Are there unicorns in Horizon?

I think the nsx-r gt is in it as a regular car (I'm pretty sure about this because it was one of their announcements a couple days ago), but I am not 100% on this
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:52 pm

Ah. I mean, will the unicorn system be in it? If there are unicorn gifts to receive, I want VIP status from day 1. I am a spineless obsessive when it comes to unicorn cars.

What I won't do this time around is buy the vendor pre-order bonus cars off of ebay for $12 to $15 a shot. When that carpack was announced months later for Forza 4 I felt...very very dumb.

Pro tip: When you want to buy a code for digital goods, access ebay on a mobile browser (or do what you must to ensure you can see international sellers). French folks were selling those codes for $12 - $15 while sellers in the states were asking $25+.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:27 pm

Is this true? $50 for the Horizon season pass? That's six months of DLC. Wasn't it only $30 for Forza 4? Seems expensive. This is where I read about it:

xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by FraidKn0t Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:49 pm

I'm not sure about Unicorns. They have talked a lot about the "barn finds" system where you find certain cars hidden around the map that you can't buy from the "dealership". They could certainly have both, but since the concepts are similar I'm inclined to think they might not include unicorns. Evil or Very Mad
FraidKn0t
FraidKn0t
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:33 pm

xraydash wrote:Is this true? $50 for the Horizon season pass? That's six months of DLC. Wasn't it only $30 for Forza 4? Seems expensive. This is where I read about it:

4000 MSP apparently. For which you get (again, apparently, since this info doesn't come from the FM website):
Launch Day Car Pack (probably the same as the one in the LCE, like the American Muscle pack for FM4 LCE/Season Pass)
5 exclusive Season Pass cars
6 monthly car packs (only containing 6 cars apiece)
the December expansion pack

I didn't get the season pass for FM4, because for all I knew the car packs could contain a bunch of cars I didn't want. As it turned out, I only bought the Porsche pack and the July pack (neither of which were covered by the pass) at release. I bought Nov, Jan and Feb all for half price on sale. It's only really Meguiar that I still want, and I'll probably get Sep if it's on sale. I'd like to go the same route with Horizon, BUT those 5 exclusive Season Pass cars might be a problem (e.g. if they go and put a McLaren in there - I blame Senna and Marlboro for indoctrinating me when I was very young and impressionable).

Edit: Oh, and then there will be at least one more expansion pack and up to 6 additional car packs NOT covered by the 4000 MSP Season Pass. By which time FM5 comes out and we start all over again ...
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:58 pm

It's more or less a subscription service. A recurring monthly fee. It's optional of course, but it's a pretty reliable stream for them. Lots of publishers are doing it now, and most of them just deliver content (map packs, additional missions, new skins, etc). Turn10 is different though, and that's why I sing their praises. They are worth a subscription "fee" because they provide an actual service. That service is constant community interaction. Contests, monthly events, 3+ articles a week, forum responsiveness, AND content...for $7/mo. I feel it's more than worth it and, whether or not like the cars in the pack, I'll continue to buy them all. I believe in what they're doing and I want to support it.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by FraidKn0t Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:32 pm

nubrocket wrote:It's more or less a subscription service. A recurring monthly fee. It's optional of course, but it's a pretty reliable stream for them. Lots of publishers are doing it now, and most of them just deliver content (map packs, additional missions, new skins, etc). Turn10 is different though, and that's why I sing their praises. They are worth a subscription "fee" because they provide an actual service. That service is constant community interaction. Contests, monthly events, 3+ articles a week, forum responsiveness, AND content...for $7/mo. I feel it's more than worth it and, whether or not like the cars in the pack, I'll continue to buy them all. I believe in what they're doing and I want to support it.

Truer words are seldom spoken. This is the best argument for Turn 10's DLC (in general) I've heard, haha. cheers
FraidKn0t
FraidKn0t
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:49 am

50 seems a bit steep but the completionist in me feels the need to get it, just to have access to all the cars. If they were any season pass exclusive cars I would just wait for them to go on sale or something. But I totally agree with what nub said 100%
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:52 am

Turn 10 should hire you for their PR department , nub Very Happy

Let me just clarify that I don't have a problem with the Forza approach to DLC. I think it's great that there's something new every month, whether it interests me or not. I do try to be selective, though, because for some reason MS Points cost crazy money in South Africa, which is why I always try to exploit sales and DotW offers if possible. E.g. I paid R590 (the R is for Rand) for the FM4 LCE. Now, that R590 was actually a very good price (the FH LCE is R699), but still, it included the game engine, all the tracks and something like 500 cars. One car pack with 10 cars (at 560 MSP) costs just shy of R100. I have to justify that to myself somehow, and it's difficult if I'm only really interested in 1-2 cars in the pack (unless it's a McLaren, because then the logic centre in my brain fries drunken).

Anyway, enough of gloomy Third World economics. Today it's officially less than a month until Horizon launches bounce (The Rest of the World have to wait 3 days longer than you fortunate North American souls, but that does mean it launches on a Friday!)
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:35 am

It is completely lame how territories outside of NA get the financial shaft when it comes to gaming. I can't believe MS Points are more there too! Well, if you ever want to batch buy a lot of points we can probably work something out. When you buy points off of Amazon they simply send you a code which I'd assume can be consumed anywhere.

Assuming this converter tool is right, 1 US Dollar = 8.2 Rand. MS Points are priced at 80MSP per dollar. $12 for DLC for y'all? Bah! That's $5 more per pack than we have to pay here. That adds up quick.

It looks like our retail prices are close. Your FH LCE is $5 more than ours, which isn't terrible but it's still annoying, especially when you also have to wait 3 more days.

SOLUTION: MOVE TO TEXAS! Very Happy

You're right, though. Launch is close! Can't wait to finally try it.

EDIT: Check your PM, Shin. Test message away!
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:50 am

Yes, our prices for games aren't too bad. A normal console release is about R525, which compares favourably to $60, considering our location and relatively insignificant market size.

Also can't really complain about the 3-day wait. It's the same as Europe. And at the end of the day, I'm just relieved and happy that we're considered important enough to actually get special editions and stuff Very Happy
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fischs3 Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:04 am

The above link lists the achievements coming for Horizon. No mention of unicorn cars but there is the Barn Find. Barn This Way - (Lady Gaga?)
Looks like another Bucket List type of achievement - All Your Race Are Belong to Us
I love the last achievement - OMGWT*BBQ!?
But does this mean auction wins, online race wins or game against devs type races?
No kinect achievement thank god.
Fischs3
Fischs3
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:03 am

Maybe pink slip races? I share your no kinect joy - that will eventually (hopefully?) be my only FM4 non-achievement Rolling Eyes
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:00 pm

shinnsoon wrote:Maybe pink slip races?

I am totally up for this! looks like the repo man will be taking cars from the whole forza community!
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sniper 213 Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:44 pm

Pre ordering tonight hopefully.
Red Sniper 213
Red Sniper 213
Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:37 pm

this is the whole reason why I will buy this game:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:33 am

^definitely going to have some fun driving that car around!
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:18 pm

does anybody know where I get my code for the challenger from? I just pre-ordered horizon and it didn't show up on the screen that I ordered it on, so will they email it to me?
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:38 pm

Which vendor? Amazon will email it to you within 2 days. Other retailers have announced that they're a bit of a cock and won't send it until they ship the game to you.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am

I have my LCE with Amazon, and I got my 392 code within 24 hours

I'm getting really excited about this one.... Even if it gets boring after a few months, I'm ready for something different...
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:03 pm

I remembered I should check my email for it right after I posted and it was already in my inbox. their customer service is the opposite of T10's forza 4 unicorn gifting service....
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next