[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Horizon pre-order incentive

+10
swviper
Markve91
FraidKn0t
xraydash
duplicatelogon
nubrocket
Fischs3
BiggLou55
beefsupreme42
shinnsoon
14 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Forza Horizon pre-order incentive - Page 4 Empty Re: Forza Horizon pre-order incentive

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:19 pm

I'm still a little iffy on this. I mean you buy the game day 1, take it straight home, pop it in and if you don't BUY the day one dlc, you are already behind on a game that still had wet ink on the receipt? I hate to sound like a cry baby but damn, before long you're going to have to pay to play it during peak hours or some bull shit. confused
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Forza Horizon pre-order incentive - Page 4 Empty Re: Forza Horizon pre-order incentive

Post by beefsupreme42 Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:37 pm

Lowflyinmx3 wrote: confused
I don't think I have ever seen this one before...
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:22 pm

heh.... That's why I preordered the LCE.... It's really cheaper that way and I know I'll be getting monthly Unicorns.... Wink
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:14 am

Well I cancelled my order with Amazon and told them why. Lou is right about Prime being a sweet deal, but it didn't used to be a requirement for release-day shipping and I feel the need to tell them that making it a requirement means they won't get money from me. Damn it.

I still have an order open with New Egg, who is now out of stock, but I'm in the same boat shipping-wise (but at least there's no sales tax). I really really want to get it on release day but at this point that'd mean going into GameStop. Gross.

In the grand scheme, this is a good problem to have (woe is me, the choices!), but I wish Amazon didn't change their game. Who knows, maybe the free release-day shipping for everyone was a bit much, but it made them the no-brainer for game buying. With the no-brainer off the table, I'm left with my options, and I'm going to pore over them, by golly. My options, watch me pore over them. It's sick.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:11 am

My wife has been weighing the amazon prime option as a replacement for Netflix. (I don't care either way because I never watch anything.) I may just pull off release day shipping after all.
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:57 am

Prime rocks... Once Amazon is forced to start collecting local sales taxes, I may look for another shopping option...

I used to order everything from NewEgg.... Then they went and built a distribution center here in Tennessee (Memphis due to the fedex hub there), and started charging TN Sales tax... You know what my Sales tax rate is? 9.25% for Nashville.... But... Tennessee has 0% State income tax, so I guess it balances out...
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:41 pm

We have what they call VAT (Value Added Tax, Very Happy). It's 14% through the whole country, but it's already included in the price on the sticker. So you only know by how much you get screwed when you bother to examine the sales receipt. Which you don't, because ignorance is bliss ...
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:28 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:Prime rocks... Once Amazon is forced to start collecting local sales taxes, I may look for another shopping option...

This had already happened in Texas, leaving free (for everyone) release-day shipping as the only incentive.

I don't like GameStop, but they have my money. LCE, paid in full, right down the road, for pick-up on release day. I guess I'll need to find a new (and possibly more meaningful) conviction to rant about. I do think Amazon might have the best preorder car, but only because we're already getting the 458 Italia Spyder in every box.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:48 am

nubrocket wrote:I do think Amazon might have the best preorder car, but only because we're already getting the 458 Italia Spyder in every box.
Is it the SLS?
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:35 pm

It's the 2012 Aston Martin Virage for Amazon Pre-Orders!...

Best Buy = 2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
GameStop = 2010 Ferrari 458 Italia
Target, Microsfot Store, WalMart & NewEgg.com = 2010 Nissan 370Z
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:37 pm

VIP Details from Amazon.com

Become an Instant VIP with the Limited Collector’s Edition

“Forza Horizon” Limited Collector’s Edition includes a “Forza Horizon” branded Steelbook containing the game disc and a “Forza Horizon” Festival Ticket that grants access to a valuable assortment of exclusive in-game content, including VIP Membership for “Forza Horizon.”

VIP Membership opens up a new level of exciting content for “Forza Horizon” players, including an exclusive five-car VIP Pack available at launch (more details to be shared soon), special recognition in the Forza community and exclusive access to VIP-only in-game events.

The “Forza Horizon” Festival Ticket also unlocks additional digital content for “Forza Horizon,” accessible through Xbox LIVE, including:

• Five-car Launch Day Add-on Pack (more details to be shared soon)
• Five Exclusive “Forza Horizon” Limited Collector Edition Car Pack liveries
• “Forza Horizon” Accelerator Token Pack**

VIP Detail:
In addition, “Forza Horizon” VIP members will receive the following benefits:
• Five Car VIP Pack (2012 Audi R8 GT Spyder, 2011 Koenigsegg Agera, 2011 Lamborghini Sesto Elemento, 2012 Pagani Huayra, 2011 RUF Rt 12 R)
• Special recognition in the community as a VIP member with VIP icon affixed to their Gamertag in “Forza Horizon”
• VIP Rivals Mode Events: VIP members will have access to exclusive Rivals Mode events in “Forza Horizon”
• Exclusive in-game gifts from the Forza Motorsport community team
• Expanded Storefront: VIP members receive extra slots for things like photos, liveries, videos, etc.
• Expanded MyForza Gallery Space: VIP’s can store an additional two videos and/or Big Shot images in their MyForza Gallery on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

“Forza Horizon” Limited Collector’s Edition is Instant VIP: You can get your VIP membership by purchasing the Limited Collector’s Edition of "Forza Horizon," available starting on Oct. 23. “Forza Horizon” Limited Collector’s Edition owners will also receive these benefits:

• Custom-designed Steelbook packaging
• Horizon Festival ticket to access exclusive Xbox LIVE content
• Day 1 Add-on Pack with five cars (more details to come soon)
• Horizon Accelerator Token Pack
• Five exclusive LCE Car Pack liveries (more details to come soon)

* “Forza Horizon” game and Xbox LIVE account required to activate.
** “Forza Horizon” Accelerator tokens will allow you to speed up your career with instant access to exotic cars, in-game popularity spikes, fast passes and instant map unlocks.
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:39 pm

I have a Demo review thread started HERE: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joekorn Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:01 pm

Just an FYI, if you do want to buy an Amazon Prime membership, find yourself a college email address first. For 'college students', or those who procure a college email address, it's only $39/year for four years instead of the usual $79. After a bit of digging I discovered that Maricopa Community College lets you sign up online and get an email address with them for no cost, no real requirements of any kind. I don't remember getting any info/spam or anything from them either after signing up. Just don't ask me where MCC is, because I have no idea. Maybe Arizona or something?
joekorn
joekorn
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:03 pm

Google is your friend:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

How in the world did you find this place? It's a bit of a commutefrom Indy ain't it?
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by joekorn Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:52 pm

marmuttlebow wrote:Google is your friend:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

How in the world did you find this place? It's a bit of a commutefrom Indy ain't it?

Think I found a message board of people discussing how to get a college email for these exact reasons. Looks like they're asking a little more from you now than when I signed up, have to give SSN and such. May be a deal-breaker. I'm sure there are other places out there similar though, think $160 in savings is worth a little time searching.
joekorn
joekorn
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:53 pm

If I get the limited edition from Amazon that gives me the season pass right? Day one dlc?
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by FraidKn0t Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:34 pm

No, LCE gives you VIP/day 1 DLC/accelerated access to various features/LCE liveries
FraidKn0t
FraidKn0t
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:30 pm

What's the difference between LE and LCE? When I type in collectors edition all I get is limited edition. Any one have a link?
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:41 pm

joekorn wrote:Just an FYI, if you do want to buy an Amazon Prime membership, find yourself a college email address first. For 'college students', or those who procure a college email address, it's only $39/year for four years instead of the usual $79. After a bit of digging I discovered that Maricopa Community College lets you sign up online and get an email address with them for no cost, no real requirements of any kind. I don't remember getting any info/spam or anything from them either after signing up. Just don't ask me where MCC is, because I have no idea. Maybe Arizona or something?
I saw that they give you one month free, so I am going to be cheap and cancel my account right after I get the game delivered to me and then set up another one when I have to pre-order forza 5. Razz
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by FraidKn0t Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:11 pm

Low, it's all the same thing. There's either the regular game or the limited/collectors/you-love-forza-so-you'll-pay-another-$20... edition
FraidKn0t
FraidKn0t
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:29 pm

But you said le doesn't give me the season pass but the lce does. I'm so confused. Where's Marm to talk slow and annunciate the words for me when I need him.
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:06 pm

From what Lou's posted up there, it doesn't look like VIP gets you any Season Pass. But I could be wrong.

For Forza 4, what I noticed was that VIP's were getting Unicorns a lot faster with their dedicated Rivals. Other than that, I didn't pay attention to any other additions. Add-on packs you'll still have to pay for.

This is all a guess on my part.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:07 pm

I like the expanded Storefront... My mission in FH is to get tuning down fast (hopefully we can sell tunes).... I'm also going to give liveries a more legitimate shot.... If I can get a lot of decent tunes/builds out there I might be able to stockpile a lot of credits!
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:53 pm

do you think they will let us import our designs and vinyl groups from forza 4?
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:04 am

No edition of Horizon comes with the season pass, but the LCE includes the VIP cars and the Day 1 exclusive cars. The Day 1 cars, by the way, from a newsletter I received from Xbox today, appears to be the 5 pre-order exclusives, i.e. the 458, SLS, Aston, 370Z and Golf:

If you pre-order:
One of five EXCLUSIVE Forza Horizon launch day cars:
2010 FERRARI 458 ITALIA
2012 MERCEDES-BENZ SLS AMG
2012 ASTON MARTIN VIRAGE
2010 NISSAN 370Z
2010 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF R
Included in the LCE:
All five EXCLUSIVE Forza Horizon launch day cars
On the one hand, I hope I'm interpreting this wrong, because it nullifies the pre-order bonus car. On the other hand, I did want the 458 over the SLS I'm getting ...
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next