[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's hiding?

+4
B08MATH
BiggLou55
CASH XRS
marmuttlebow
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who's hiding? Empty Who's hiding?

Post by marmuttlebow Mon May 14, 2012 1:55 pm

Which of you keeps hiding their presence from the forum?

I look down there and it seems there's always "1 hidden". Who you hiding from? Why?
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Who's hiding? Empty Re: Who's hiding?

Post by CASH XRS Mon May 14, 2012 2:31 pm

marmuttlebow wrote:Which of you keeps hiding their presence from the forum?

I look down there and it seems there's always "1 hidden". Who you hiding from? Why?

O come on, can you blame them for hiding, the constant flaming we all do? lol. Maybe they just havn't officially signed up yet, or is "hidden" a specific thing you need to choose?
CASH XRS
CASH XRS
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Mon May 14, 2012 2:37 pm

Ya got me.

I haven't tried hiding.

Aside from me calling out Mark for being so lippy, ain't nobody been flamed if they don't got no matches (meaning they gotta post before the fun starts).
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by CASH XRS Mon May 14, 2012 2:38 pm

marmuttlebow wrote:Ya got me.

I haven't tried hiding.

Aside from me calling out Mark for being so lippy, ain't nobody been flamed if they don't got no matches (meaning they gotta post before the fun starts).

Lol this is true. I dunno, maybe they are planning a secret assault on the race track and rather than be known, they wanna access all our info and take advantage? I have no idea lol.
CASH XRS
CASH XRS
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Mon May 14, 2012 2:41 pm

Well, this month's series has increased the "sneaky sneaky".

People used to have times up on the LB and you could judge where folks were at.

This month, only a few are hotlapping. Either folks ain't hotlapping, people are sticking in their tuning test drives.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Mon May 14, 2012 2:57 pm

marmuttlebow wrote:Well, this month's series has increased the "sneaky sneaky".

People used to have times up on the LB and you could judge where folks were at.

This month, only a few are hotlapping. Either folks ain't hotlapping, people are sticking in their tuning test drives.

It's easier to drive/tune/drive/tune.... in the testing section. Not trying to hide, just not going t o hot-lap for the sake of posting an LB time! Wink
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CASH XRS Mon May 14, 2012 3:08 pm

I am still trying to figure out which method of tuning I like better. I think I am leading towards the same method as Lou, only because it saves some time and you can do it on the fly. But that won't stop me from hot lapping for a little while, especially because I don't mind if people use my ghost and I would like to use others. I feel I can tune or dial in my car to my liking and see what I'm running, and then see how it compares to other guys and maybe just look and see the lines they are running, and I would encourage the same for others. So I kinda do a combo of both.

BTW, you may see this as a bit of an on-going trend, since I know me and a few others, beef and xray to name a couple, are all trying to beef up (no pun intended) our tuning skills to try and start being up in the likes of Lou and Frank. The other two guys may be there, but I know I am not lol. So you may see more guys test driving and running laps that way than actual hot lapping.
CASH XRS
CASH XRS
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Mon May 14, 2012 3:10 pm

I'm now setting up personal hot-lapping lobbies instead of going to the local hot lap sessions...
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B08MATH Mon May 14, 2012 3:17 pm

I'm wondering if the person hiding is maybe a person not signing out of forums and not using there computer or laptop? Oh and I did some hotlaps and I do have a leaderboard time. Guess it's back to the drawing board for me cause I just realized yesterday that when I did that I set a time for everyone to beat. Thanks to some tuning tips though( thanks Lou Smile ) I now have some ideas to make myself quicker.
B08MATH
B08MATH
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Mon May 14, 2012 3:20 pm

It's no bother to me. Just interesting how this has turned out to be. As for tuning, I tried it once. Took a car, dialed things to the extreme. (eg. Made the front end as soft as can be) and tried turning a lap. Then went the other way. Didn't really notice that much of a difference. Well, braking points changed, but I wasn't really paying attention. I just said "screw it". And haven't been back since. *You will note that this is right up there with my painting skills. Tried, said "screw it". And moved on.

I am impressed by how everybody's times have improved though. Where as before everybody was 10s+ adrift from top LB times, we're hovering at around 5s. We are all improving (at least during actual monthly series racing). Then when it's just plain old circuit racing, we are bumping and slamming all over the place.

That level of care isn't there anymore. Not that it's a bad thing. Just funny how it turns out.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Mon May 14, 2012 3:26 pm

For reference sake, and the reason for this thread, I am the one who is hiding my status...
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Mon May 14, 2012 3:31 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:I'm now setting up personal hot-lapping lobbies instead of going to the local hot lap sessions...
You get credits and xp this way too.
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Mon May 14, 2012 3:32 pm

marmuttlebow wrote:I am impressed by how everybody's times have improved though. Where as before everybody was 10s+ adrift from top LB times, we're hovering at around 5s. We are all improving (at least during actual monthly series racing). Then when it's just plain old circuit racing, we are bumping and slamming all over the place.

That level of care isn't there anymore. Not that it's a bad thing. Just funny how it turns out.

I wish we would carry over that level of care... I know that I am carrying it over, but I seem to get tapped, slammed and punted off the in the first couple of turns. I find that practicing racing clean (contact clean) during our club pick-up lobbies, has helped me TREMENDOUSLY in the series races. The mirror driving jitters are gone, and I am passing cleanly. The final item is consistency, and that is just practice! Wink Thanks for all your coaching Marm, it's helped... and whomever it was who said "Lou is being quite, he must be focusing!" Friday night was dead-on-balls accurate! Very Happy That was when I was able to go from last to whatever for the last time and final time! Very Happy
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Mon May 14, 2012 3:40 pm

It is there. But there's also the "no testing" factor. It just seems there's more of it going on. Maybe you're just too cautious in those opening corners. Just do what I do when in public lobbies, just hang back and wait. Then you can perfect your passing skills.

That one race where I had slammed into you, we were good. Then I got bumped and then I hit you. Nothing I could do about it. I wasn't going to touch you if it weren't for that. Southern did apologize a few times for it. But I'm telling you, I did not go into that corner with the intent of using somebody to help me turn. If you weren't there, I would've been in the gravel.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by B08MATH Mon May 14, 2012 3:45 pm

After this series is over we should all hotlap the tracks with our best cars. Boost the club overall on the leaderboards. It seems as though I'm putting all my other Aclass cars to shame.
B08MATH
B08MATH
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Mon May 14, 2012 3:48 pm

I know on that one Marm (I save all of the replays).... It's not just one event.... But... I will do what I do in the series races. Hang back a hair and look for the opening ... YOu also make a good point on passing skills.

To be honest, I was disappointed when the grid ordering wasn't right on Friday. When you, Mark, Magic, Jgood, Converge & Frank can get out in front early, there is no hope of catching up. Getting the poll meant that I could hopefully get out to an early lead and just start hot-lapping.... Wink I'd like to do that at least once!! Very Happy
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Mon May 14, 2012 3:48 pm

Normally, I'd be helpful and direct you to the thread that Jgood or Hotdog has started.

It's under the exact premise of your suggestion.

But being lazy and an ass, I won't provide you with the link. *Partly because I don't remember where it is, but mostly laziness*.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Mon May 14, 2012 3:54 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:I know on that one Marm (I save all of the replays).... It's not just one event.... But... I will do what I do in the series races. Hang back a hair and look for the opening ... YOu also make a good point on passing skills.

To be honest, I was disappointed when the grid ordering wasn't right on Friday. When you, Mark, Magic, Jgood, Converge & Frank can get out in front early, there is no hope of catching up. Getting the poll meant that I could hopefully get out to an early lead and just start hot-lapping.... Wink I'd like to do that at least once!! Very Happy

Those guys are all on their own. Every race Ive been hotlapping. It's always behind THOSE guys. If I start well, Converge and Mark come up on me in no time and I get the heebie jeebies and off they go. And Friday was a one off. I guarantee it. Please don't take me racing on Fridays as an opportunity to hot lap in the lead. That wasn't the intention. I do like that I'm able to stick around after the race for some more fun. That doesn't happen on Wednesdays.

All that being said, as you saw Mark, he worked his way up the field. He didn't get a chance to hotlap. There were a few laps when he was by his lonesome. But that was it.

As for Frank, I dunno. If it weren't for bad luck, he'd have none at all.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Mon May 14, 2012 3:59 pm

marmuttlebow wrote:........As for Frank, I dunno. If it weren't for bad luck, he'd have none at all.

Sad
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Mon May 14, 2012 5:25 pm

I apologize for screwing up the grid on friday. i wasn't really sure on the settings and focused more on trying to remember the end of race timer as thats the one I always forget. I'm unsure about the contact deal, are you saying it has gotten worse here lately? Please forgive me as i was completely absent from last months race series and only raced with rambo and ninja on the first race of this month. If theres a problem with contact let us know, well figure something out. I'm just unsure of what the real problem is?
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Mon May 14, 2012 5:30 pm

Lowflyinmx3 wrote:I apologize for screwing up the grid on friday. i wasn't really sure on the settings and focused more on trying to remember the end of race timer as thats the one I always forget. I'm unsure about the contact deal, are you saying it has gotten worse here lately? Please forgive me as i was completely absent from last months race series and only raced with rambo and ninja on the first race of this month. If theres a problem with contact let us know, well figure something out. I'm just unsure of what the real problem is?

It's not contact during the series or club races Low, and that has actually lessened as each new series comes around. We actually had some seriously close racing all week with little to no contact!

It's just general contact in the club casual lobbies (especially turn 1 contact!). We seem to get (As a group) a bit more careless and brave when in a casual lobby. It's not a problem by any means. Marm and I were just discussing it... Wink Sometimes it's fun to bounce off of folks... Especially YOU!!! Very Happy
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Mon May 14, 2012 5:37 pm

This "contact" is more incidental. It's not somebody intentionally ramming/ hitting/ using. It's just a mistake made by others. I think we just let our guard down. Then again, after the series race, you can wander a little bit.

I'm not singling anybody out here or trying to make 'em look bad. I wouldn't really know too much about the pick-up games as I've rarely been online.

marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Mon May 14, 2012 5:42 pm

Yeah.. No concern... Casual lobbies are... well... Casual... A little contact, crashing, bumping and the occasional "crap I thought I had enough room for that" scenarios are to be expected. IF anything we were commenting on how much better we are all racing as a group! Very Happy

Cheers! cheers
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CASH XRS Mon May 14, 2012 5:56 pm

I think my problem with the causal lobbies, like once we just start doing circuit runs after series nights, is that I get so used to the car I'm racing that week that I forget I'm not driving that one anymore lol. Therefore I forget shift and brake points for other cars and tracks and it's slightly downhill from there lol. It's still always a blast though Very Happy .
CASH XRS
CASH XRS
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Mon May 14, 2012 5:57 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:For reference sake, and the reason for this thread, I am the one who is hiding my status...
Is that why it says that the last time you visited was uknown? If it is, its kinda giving away who is hiding...
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum