[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WE [U2SC] ARE IN THE NEXT RVM!!!!!!!!!!!!

+9
FraidKn0t
marmuttlebow
MFKR RAMBO
Markve91
Red Sniper 213
Fischs3
Lowflyinmx3
xraydash
BiggLou55
13 posters

Go down

WE [U2SC] ARE IN THE NEXT RVM!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty WE [U2SC] ARE IN THE NEXT RVM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by BiggLou55 Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:15 pm

W0000000000T!!!!!

I took some time and reposted in the new RVM thread a modified version of what I posted back in June. Johniwanna sent me a PM last night...

WE [U2SC] ARE IN THE NEXT RVM!!!!!!!!!!!! Johnipm

Here is what I posted if you are curious!

BiggLou55 in the RVM Thread wrote:Excellent news!! Thank you John! Please let me know if you have any questions about the club!

Club Leadership:

Founder/Leader: Lowflyinmx3

Co-leaders: Joekorn; Marmuttlebow; BiggLou55

John,

First off I’d like to say thank you for all that you do for the community. Your Rear View Mirror series is a great read, and is one of the many things that keep me interested in the FM universe.

Speaking of things that keep me interested in the FM universe, I’d like to talk a little about my experience with our FM4 club Up 2 Speed Customs [U2SC]. Unfortunately I did not pick up FM4 until January of this year (due to not having an Xbox 360), but it was one of the first game that I picked up. I’m pushing 40 (this year) and I’ve been a fan of racing games since the days of Pole Position, and I couldn’t wait to play FM4.

Lowflyinmx3 wrote: ........John, these guys deserve some spotlight. The fun that we have is the exact reason why people buy video games. I also want to invite you to our forums to have a look around. I gaurantee that just browsing around in there will show you exactly what I'm talking about. Heres the Link https://u2sc.forumotion.co.uk/. If you have any questions or need any more info, feel free to ask.

For the 1st month and a half I just played the game alone. Since I never really played a racing game online (outside of a close circle of friends), I just stuck to Career and Rivals mode. I even created my own club for a while. Then I stumbled upon a thread in the Clubhouse forums. In the title was “A club for average Joes”. I thought to myself “I’m an average Joe (or at least I’d like to think I am), I need to check this thread out!” After reading through the thread to get a sense of what the club was all about, I joined the club on the spot.

That was back at the beginning of March, and it happened to be the first week of the U2SC March series race. Each month the, as a club, we host a racing series for all club members new and old complete with a points system (albeit simple) and sometimes even teams. The March series was restricted to Mid-engine RWD cars 1983 or earlier, with a max PI of 500. I quickly built a Lancia Stratos, slapped on some simple vinyls and started racing. That series had me hook, line and sinker into the club.

U2SC maintains between 75-100 members and (looking at participation in the May, June and July), we have 50% of the club active in club events. We have a robust club forum where we discuss everything from FM4 to advice on real life issues. We have something called the U2SC Garage where we have teams of Tuners, Painters and Photographers who work together to build up each other’s skills and storefronts. We also run an internal Leaderboard challenge and offer prizes for winners of the series, leaderboard and other races we host (my favorite being a 5 lap run on Fujimi in S-class city cars, no assists and simulated damage – I ran an S-class AWD Ford Ka with a very funny livery). We also encourage ALL members to come up with one-off (currently on the books we have “Like Father Like Son”, “Around the World in 80 minutes” and a couple of endurance races) and series races (we have series races planned out all the way through September), plan and administer them. I developed and ran our May Muscle Car series, and we currently have another member running our July Multi-class series. We have a WRX-v-EVO A-class series on deck for August, which is causing quite the stir on our forums already!

Four months later I’m still a very active member in the club. In fact, I am so active I was just made a club Co-Leader, which is something that totally surprised me. I didn’t join U2SC with the intention of getting this involved. It just happened. I can’t get enough! From what I’ve posted above, it may sound like we’re not just a club for average Joes. I can truly say we are. We have members from the US, Canada, UK, Africa, Germany and other locations around the world. Our ages range from late teens to late 50’s, and we race FOR FUN!!! We don’t care for the smash-n-bash public lobbies, and we don’t stand for intentional contact in circuit racing. We do love to play Cat-n-Mouse and Soccer, and we have club lobbies up pretty much every day (often several times a day). We help each other with tuning, liveries, vinyls, driving and anything else that comes up. WE ARE A TEAM.

As our leader posted in our forums last week, “U2SC is kind of like Hotel California, you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!” There is a lot of truth in that statement!

John… We invite you to head on over to our forums at https://u2sc.forumotion.co.uk/ to check us out for yourself. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions…

Cheers!
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

WE [U2SC] ARE IN THE NEXT RVM!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: WE [U2SC] ARE IN THE NEXT RVM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by xraydash Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:50 pm

Wow! Awesome!!! That's exciting news. Thanks for getting johniwanna's attention.

My experience has been much like yours. I was looking for some casual people to race with who wouldn't try to intentionally run me off the track. Six or so months later and U2SC has become a part of my daily life through these boards, weekly races, challenges, and so on.

Pats on the back all around and a big cheer for Lou! cheers
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

WE [U2SC] ARE IN THE NEXT RVM!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: WE [U2SC] ARE IN THE NEXT RVM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:59 pm

That is awesome. Thanks Lou for catching his curiosity. And I just want to say to everyone, it's because of all of you that this club is such a blast. Seriously, you guys are why john even looked at us. Congratulations everyone and thanks for all your support. Oh, and be ready for a possible influx of members as we are likely to get noticed.
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Fischs3 Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:44 pm

Awesome. Great job guys.
Fischs3
Fischs3
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sniper 213 Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:07 am

This is really cool!
Red Sniper 213
Red Sniper 213
Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:26 am

Awesome! Now maybe we'll attract some new average joes who are afraid to join up in any clubs.
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by MFKR RAMBO Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:30 am

That's freaking sweet. If it wouldn't of been for this club I wouldn't of bothered buying the game again. The fun that I have racing the club is way more fun then racing in public lobbies. I enjoy knowing in the series races that I'm going to end up battling with somebody for the duration of the race. The lobbies are always a good atmosphere too. Between Lou's wife taking pictures to hpi and case having their little "scuffles" it is always a added bonus to the races.
MFKR RAMBO
MFKR RAMBO
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:13 pm

If you didn't mute your mic, you'd add to the atmosphere too.

They say I say sweet nothings to the car, however, your talking to your child (forgive me, I don't remember boy or girl - if you even said anything). That and your interactions with your family. Much more entertaining than Case vs HPI.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by MFKR RAMBO Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:13 pm

I tried to make it a habit once racing starts to mute myself. I didnt want everybody to hear my background noise at my place. Especially during series races. Plus I tend to start yelling and swearing at my car which eventually leads to me taking it out on me which is followed by Fische3 passing me.
MFKR RAMBO
MFKR RAMBO
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:11 pm

Definitely keep your mic open! I would love to listen to that unfold in real time!
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FraidKn0t Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:04 pm

That's great! Similar story with me. I've been an avid fan of all racing games since Need for Speed in '94. That all changed when the original Forza came out, at which point I no longer cared for any other titles.

But not too long ago I had sort of lost interest, & was just waiting on the next installment to get back into it... I was bored of career mode / the public lobbies consisting of dive-bombing 12 yr olds and the like. A few weeks ago I just happened to check the boards and found "A club for average Joes"... game on! I've played Forza just about every day since joining the club, testing BiggLou's tunes, practicing that week's track, and looking forward to the series race. Thanks for the awesome-ness guys.
FraidKn0t
FraidKn0t
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:41 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:Definitely keep your mic open! I would love to listen to that unfold in real time!

It works and it doesn't work. Sometimes "Why am I the asshole", it works and provides great entertainment. Other times (like last night), personally, I was a little uncomfortable hearing a fight coming on. If only because I got a smartass comment waiting to come out, and I don't want to piss Rambo off anymore than the other party is doing.

Still, I do enjoy Rambo talking to his child. Those can be misconstrued and make for teh funney.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Fischs3 Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:49 pm

MFKR RAMBO wrote:I tried to make it a habit once racing starts to mute myself. I didnt want everybody to hear my background noise at my place. Especially during series races. Plus I tend to start yelling and swearing at my car which eventually leads to me taking it out on me which is followed by Fische3 passing me.

Rambo please use your mic next race. Last race wasn't as much fun having you beat me by like 10 seconds, or more. It is much more fun to bump our way to the finish line.
Fischs3
Fischs3
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MFKR RAMBO Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:39 pm

Used in the make up race and everybody got to hear me get cussed out by my fiance lol.
MFKR RAMBO
MFKR RAMBO
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Wa11y Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:23 pm

Lowflyinmx3 wrote:That is awesome. Thanks Lou for catching his curiosity. And I just want to say to everyone, it's because of all of you that this club is such a blast. Seriously, you guys are why john even looked at us. Congratulations everyone and thanks for all your support. Oh, and be ready for a possible influx of members as we are likely to get noticed.

Please explain this to me. Where can I see this write up and who is Johniwanna? Sounds cool to me. Pretend I am your grandpa (one that you like), be gentle with me. Suspect
Wa11y
Wa11y
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:27 pm

Wa11y wrote:
Lowflyinmx3 wrote:That is awesome. Thanks Lou for catching his curiosity. And I just want to say to everyone, it's because of all of you that this club is such a blast. Seriously, you guys are why john even looked at us. Congratulations everyone and thanks for all your support. Oh, and be ready for a possible influx of members as we are likely to get noticed.

Please explain this to me. Where can I see this write up and who is Johniwanna? Sounds cool to me. Pretend I am your grandpa (one that you like), be gentle with me. Suspect

Here is the fm4 thread... http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/5592419.aspx

Here is the last RVM ( rear view mirror): http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/RVM_7_23_12/

It's one of the three community newsletters published by turn 10.
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:24 pm

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!! NICE JOB LOU!!!!
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by swviper Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:21 am

It's up!

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/RVM_7_30_12/

Good job Low, Lou, et al who have built this club up, and made it such a fun place to be!!!
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:11 pm

OK.... Low, Joe and Marm.... We need to get the club memberlist together for Johniwanna... He PM'd me and asked for the list so they can start delivering the cars.... Wink

We'll need the exact gamer tags so I think the only way to do this is to harvest it from the in-game club list.

Joe.... Is there any way you could take some pics of the club list and then we can go from there?
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:22 pm

wait, we get unicorn cars? which one?
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by swviper Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:28 pm

beefsupreme42 wrote:wait, we get unicorn cars? which one?

...the rock you've been under...does it have furniture, or just like smaller rocks and stuff?
lol!

https://u2sc.forumotion.co.uk/t503-which-unicorn-would-you-like-the-most
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:32 pm

swviper wrote:

...the rock you've been under...does it have furniture, or just like smaller rocks and stuff?
lol!

hahaha, I thought that it was just a random poll! and don't make fun of me just because I live in a cave! Very Happy
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by shinnsoon Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:33 pm

It's like the words are being uttered by your sig Very Happy
shinnsoon
shinnsoon
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by swviper Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:34 pm

beefsupreme42 wrote:
swviper wrote:

lol!

hahaha, I thought that it was just a random poll! and don't make fun of me just because I live in a cave! Very Happy

In your defense, I re-read the thread myself and it isn't very clear...it's hinted at in the second post, but not actually said that was what the poll was for. I retract my initial smart ass comment Very Happy
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:36 pm

shinnsoon wrote:
It's like the words are being uttered by your sig Very Happy
lol! thats hilarious!
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down