[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Low's Spec Miata Series Announcement and Discussion Thread

+16
SouthernFist7
B08MATH
xraydash
xII CASE IIx
nubrocket
Red Sniper 213
Eric21477
swviper
FraidKn0t
wolfman115
beefsupreme42
xXhpi racingXx
marmuttlebow
Markve91
BiggLou55
Lowflyinmx3
20 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Low's Spec Miata Series Announcement and Discussion Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Low's Spec Miata Series Announcement and Discussion Thread

Post by marmuttlebow Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:13 pm

Well, I had 3rd locked up. Then my controller went on the fritz. Other than that, a little banging with Red in the early going. And then maybe eeking out 1/10th of a second gap over him.

Had nothing on Beef or Mark. Kept 'em in sight for a few laps, but I wasn't gonna catch 'em. Funny thing while racing was that I'd occasionally hit the A button thinking I had a clutch.

Had fun as is usual. Funny how much quieter everybody was compared to the night before. Still love that Beef tells everybody EXACTLY what's going on in his life at THAT exact moment. So who called?

And Lou, you couldn't put up your index and go "hold that thought for an hour". LOL. We sat around 10 minutes I think waiting for you to join in.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Low's Spec Miata Series Announcement and Discussion Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Low's Spec Miata Series Announcement and Discussion Thread

Post by beefsupreme42 Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:20 pm

marmuttlebow wrote: Still love that Beef tells everybody EXACTLY what's going on in his life at THAT exact moment. So who called?
I can't even remember. my sister shoved the phone in my face and just said nothing... Neutral
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:36 pm

Sorry guys... No way I could of joined once she came home, and if I were on when she did, I would have bailed... Thanks for waiting though!
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by B08MATH Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:46 am

guess I'll take the rookie badge. I'll need the template and I will race when I can. I like this kind of racing.
B08MATH
B08MATH
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:15 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:Sorry guys... No way I could of joined once she came home, and if I were on when she did, I would have bailed... Thanks for waiting though!

So I am kinda curious (why, I dunno). Was the drama over the movie? Or was it over family? If family, say no more. If it was the movie, well, my suggestion would've worked.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:30 pm

Family.... Remember, we lost my Step-father-in-law last month, and the "drama" was surrounding that... That's all I'm really going to say, since A) it's really personal stuff, and B) I'd have to spend the next few hours typing up a novel to for you to understand why emotions were the way they were (go back to "A")....
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:56 pm

Damn, I was hoping for the movie.

Sorry to make light of your situation, didn't mean to be the debbie downer of this thread. I should learn not to ask these personal classless questions.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:58 pm

marmuttlebow wrote:I should learn not to ask these personal classless questions.
Please don't! It's entertaining for the rest of us. Razz
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:12 pm

LOL.... No offense here... Pretty busy at work today, so my post was made between meetings... It's all just the part of grieving, so there's no "fighting" or anything bad, just emotions running high...
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:24 pm

When's the next race? After watching some playboy mx-5 action at coronado earlier I'm itching to get back into these things!
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:11 pm

Next Saturday.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:53 pm

Correct. The course is sedona club circuit I believe. Also, I don't think I mentioned it but this series will track your 10 best finishes. So you can miss 3 races and still secure a top spot.
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:33 am

My Saturday is clear! I shall be there. This is tricky track but I enjoy it. More practice necessary. More practice necessary.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:21 pm

DOUBLE POST.

Is it just me or is the MX-5 REALLY easy to upset on Sedona? I am playing as I would in the actual race, manual only with ABS, TCS, and STA disabled.

Bump the rumble strip and CAR GETS UPSET. Turn the wheel and CAR GETS UPSET. It's a thrill, and I like getting better at it, but hot damn. There's like Montoya coming-into-the-oval-doom-bumps all over this track.

I posted a clean 1:23:134 tonight and I am very proud of it. I see Southern's 1:19, and WELL GOOD FOR YOU, but that 1:23 was a bit of work for me.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:08 am

I don't think I have even started practicing yet...
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by FraidKn0t Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:27 am

Must. Stop. Playing. Horizon.

So difficult to set it aside and actually practice for FM4!
FraidKn0t
FraidKn0t
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:55 am

LOLOLOL

Haven't even practiced for this one either.

I'm just gonna pull a LowFly move and just wing it.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:17 am

Me too....
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nubrocket Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:26 am

Ugh, you guys are killing me. Now I'll look like an idiot when I come in dead last again on Saturday. Just pretend you practiced.
nubrocket
nubrocket
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:33 am

Now now. Don't get all excited. We may end up back there as well. If as you say this thing is tail happy, well, we'll all be in the same pile. Just a matter of who can change their driving style the fastest.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:02 pm

I'm going to deflate the tires all the way and see what she does! LOL
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:13 pm

I gifted the template to Bob. Does anyone else need it? I'll get the standings and classes posted tomorrow hopefully.
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:10 pm

Current standings are up and can be seen here: https://u2sc.forumotion.co.uk/t759-low-s-spec-miata-series-results#16184 It also has what class you are in. Remember rookies need to have a R on their bumper and that its the pro's job to make a clean pass.
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:40 pm

Tonights race is at Sedona. We will be running the club circuit. Im thinking the race will be around 35 laps. Looks like this might be an interesting race.
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:23 pm

Will the grid order be reversed?

Will we eventually get around to having a parade lap?
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next