[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday Night?

+3
xraydash
Markve91
BiggLou55
7 posters

Go down

Which Series Race times work for you?

Friday Night? I_vote_lcap43%Friday Night? I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 9 ]
Friday Night? I_vote_lcap33%Friday Night? I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 7 ]
Friday Night? I_vote_lcap24%Friday Night? I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 21

Friday Night? Empty Friday Night?

Post by BiggLou55 Fri May 04, 2012 11:49 am

Low mentioned in the May series thread if anyone was interested in a Friday Night (23:30 EDT) Series race. This would be in addition to the Wednesday and Sunday races. You can select multiple nights in the poll, so select all of the ones that you can make. If none work for you, please suggest a time in a reply...
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Friday Night? Empty Re: Friday Night?

Post by Markve91 Fri May 04, 2012 12:29 pm

Friday night would probably work better than Sunday afternoon as a backup race for me
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Fri May 04, 2012 2:32 pm

Of course we want to provide opportunities for everyone to participate, but are we concerned about races with small numbers of people? We usually only have 6-8 people on Sundays. If some of those move to Friday, we might have a very low turnout on Sundays. Same with Wednesday, going from a good sized race to a smaller one. Now it seems like with a hundred members we ought to easily be able to fill up a lobby at any given time but the reality is there's a fairly low participation rate. Obviously the more cars banging around the track, the better!
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Fri May 04, 2012 2:40 pm

Me and joe have been talking about that. We are trying to get the other members to participate. Some have said that they don't wish to participate and have up their spots so hopefully more people will find their way here as we are are not even at half of our members. I agree, more people equals more fun.
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Fri May 04, 2012 3:08 pm

I'm on the fence on this one. Sunday afternoon's are out of the question for me.

I'm not that confident on being able to race competently at 11:30 on a Friday. But I'll give it a go. (Maybe not tonight though). Once again, after the race I will most likely vacate the premises as my kids have not learned the art of sleeping in.

In summary, I'm good with whichever. I think the highest turnout we've had on a Wed/ Thurs nite has been 16? We haven't split lobbies since the first month. Be interesting to see if we had to do it again.

I too concur that more people = more fun.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Fri May 04, 2012 3:35 pm

I do not want to thin out the race grid either. We had a good turn-out on Wednesday night,m and there was some great racing going on up and down the list....

This poll is simply to gauge interest in a Friday night offering for series races.... Since we are expanding the active member roster, it will be good to have a third night ready to go...

Really any evening after 22:00 EDT works the best for me, and I pretty much operate on 4-6 hours of sleep daily.... The wife and I alternate our "sleep-in" weekend mornings.... Wink
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowflyinmx3 Fri May 04, 2012 5:04 pm

I dont want it to thin the grid either but most people are good with wednesday night already so they will probably continue to race on that night. I was just asking if there was anyone who is in the same boat as me. Plus it will give another chance to people who get kicked mid race for no fault of their own. I will post on forza forums and try to get some more active guys in here.
Lowflyinmx3
Lowflyinmx3
Club Founder & Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by MFKR RAMBO Fri May 04, 2012 7:09 pm

Sundays don't work for me since I usually work 7 day weeks. Wednesday night has become a habit for me and Friday would make a nice night for a fallback night just incase something happens. Also just found out today that I might have a job coming up that will basically force 16-18 hour days and will last for a month while continuing the 7 day weeks. So the tail end of this series and next months series I will probably be MIA. But I look at it like this. Say hello new CSR setup cheers
MFKR RAMBO
MFKR RAMBO
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by joekorn Fri May 04, 2012 7:18 pm

Man, that's rough Rambo, but the money is always nice. Low - I posted last night on the Forza forum to recruit new members. Maybe wait a week or so to post again. I've been recruiting pretty hard, got The Series to rejoin us (he's a good racer and pretty active), keeping my eye out for small clubs to maybe incorporate. Sorry all for not being as active with racing recently, but I'm putting in plenty of time for the club. Very Happy Any other ideas are welcome, and if any of you know anyone please do invite them!
joekorn
joekorn
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down