[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Tech Questions (Lou will usually be first to respond)

4 posters

Go down

General Tech Questions (Lou will usually be first to respond) Empty General Tech Questions (Lou will usually be first to respond)

Post by CASH XRS Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:10 pm

How can I post an image to the forum. Can I do it without using photobucket? Say I wanted to post a quick picture from google?
CASH XRS
CASH XRS
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

General Tech Questions (Lou will usually be first to respond) Empty Re: General Tech Questions (Lou will usually be first to respond)

Post by BiggLou55 Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:15 pm

YUUUUUP!!

Right click on the image from google and select "copy image URL"

In the forums, past that link between the IMG tags...

DONE...
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

General Tech Questions (Lou will usually be first to respond) Empty Re: General Tech Questions (Lou will usually be first to respond)

Post by CASH XRS Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:34 pm

Ok so here's what I just tried, I clicked the "Image" square above reply, pasted the link. It automatically applies the IMG tags but it shows up as a box with a red x?
CASH XRS
CASH XRS
Junior Forum Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:45 pm

General Tech Questions (Lou will usually be first to respond) 12-45

Are you sure your chose "Copy Image URL" and not "Copy URL"?

Try it on your Avatar above this text... Here is what I did: right clicked on the image > selected "Copy Image URL" > clicked the image icon in the post toolbar > pasted the Image URL I copied > click OK...
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:09 pm

what I do is post them on flickr, go to the medium 640 size, right click and then click properties. It will show the image URL in the box that pops up. copy that and click the insert image button on your post. you can paste the URL in the box that pops up
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:28 am

Ok heres a weird one. on my last computer, google was working fine and then one day it just stopped working. every time I tried to load google, a little pop-up on the bottom of my screen would open and say "google is not responding." the most confusing part about it is that this only happened to google... anybody think they know what it was?
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by swviper Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:31 am

Did you change your Google password or anything lately? Or do you use Chrome with more than one Google account?
swviper
swviper
- Vigo the Carpathian -

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:54 am

Clear your Browser Cache (temp internet files)... chances are there's a corrupted file in the cahce...

What browser do you use?

BTW... I use Chrome for everything except internal sites at the office (we are SharePoint heavy here)... Chrome is the best (take it from an IT guy)... Wink
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:26 pm

I used internet explorer 8 or 9 (not sure which one but I'm pretty sure its 9)
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:26 pm

seems like I'm having the most problems here. In my most recent problem I turned on my computer after it tried to update itself. It got to about 30% and quit (I got a black screen for about a minute or so) so I turned it off bu pressing the power button. then I turned it on again after about a minute and the screen was completely orange... tried it again a few times and the same thing happened. eventually it showed the screen with the big block-ish writing and a button that says "start windows normally" and it started up like normal. anybody know what happened?
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:28 pm

Microsoft Update? You turned it off during the MS Update?
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:30 pm

it got to 30% when it was installing and then it quit....
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:31 pm

....or applying. whichever one happens right when you turn your computer on
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:50 pm

So.... Repeat after me Beef...

"I will never again shut power off on a computer while it is applying OS updates on a Windows, Mac or Linux system! Bad things can and almost certainly WILL happen!"

That's all I will say except this is 100% a P.E.B.K.A.C. issue! (nub should get that one)... Very Happy
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:48 am

I will never again shut power off on a computer while it is applying OS updates on a Windows, Mac or Linux system! Bad things can and almost certainly WILL happen! Very Happy
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down