[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Series Race Session Times

+8
Markve91
sergantawesome
marmuttlebow
shinnsoon
ThrowMeAHotdog
beefsupreme42
DRKHRT187
BiggLou55
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Official Series Race Session Times - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Series Race Session Times

Post by xraydash Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:27 am

SimF40 wrote:ok...................I will take time out and wait for the October series and see if that generates demand for the Euro lobby
Wait, that's no good! We need to rally for the Euro (and South African) cause and preserve at least one race time a week for them. Sundays still? I'll make it a point to be there if we can pull this back together. You North Americans can miss a half hour of football and join us, can't you?
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Official Series Race Session Times - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Series Race Session Times

Post by SimF40 Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:42 am

Sundays is probably best for most , i'll be there if a lobby is set up , but if the numbers are low (the same 3 - 4 people racing each other) it gets a bit mundane and pointless , i'd rather race in a lobby with 6,7,8 upwards , i know other commitments crop up and we cant always make it but we need to make the effort to keep this lobby up and running.
At another club i race at we have had series races on a Sunday with alot of guys from across the pond involved , so maybe they could join and race with us ?
I'll keep in touch and see what the crack is regarding Sunday night racing.
Cheers
Sim
SimF40
SimF40
Senior Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:29 am

The good thing about Sunday evenings for you guys is that you will also have some NA guys show up since it's the weekend.... Wink That increases your numbers potential...
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThrowMeAHotdog Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:59 pm

Just wanted to check times for Sunday, is it 20.30 (3.30 your time) as opposed to on the hour? Recently it's been half past, just wanted to make sure the times are up to date

ThrowMeAHotdog
Forum Admin

https://u2sc.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:00 pm

Yes, sometime over the summer it moved to 3:30 EST. Not sure why, but that's been the "official" time for awhile now.
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by ThrowMeAHotdog Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:01 pm

cool, I'll edit Lou's post

ThrowMeAHotdog
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:03 pm

Thanks HotDog... Help is definitely welcome in keeping track of this! I'll change the news ticker to point to this thread...
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ThrowMeAHotdog Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:10 pm

I would have done that, but I have no idea how... Any idea how you can turn off the underlining of certain words? It's doing my head in...

ThrowMeAHotdog
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:13 pm

Code:

BBCode = [u]word[/u]
HTML = <u>word</u>
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ThrowMeAHotdog Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:15 pm

I don't mean that (thanks anyway though) sometimes words in posts are blue, underlined, and I think linked to somewhere. Is this happening to anyone else?

ThrowMeAHotdog
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:17 pm

OH....

Light blue text = Followed Link... Wink
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ThrowMeAHotdog Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:20 pm

Just put my mouse over it to see what it is. It's advertisements... I think we made the forum to successful, we're being over run with spam Sad

ThrowMeAHotdog
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:25 pm

Are you talking about the area right below the news ticker?

If so, I don't ever see that.... I run Chrome with AdBlockerPro (ABP)... Best damn addon EVER for Chrome and Firefox!
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sergantawesome Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:54 pm

can we do a a drift race series?? in november
because i would like to do a drift series. i wont mind setting up the rules and the maps
sergantawesome
sergantawesome
Senior Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:36 pm

sergantawesome wrote:can we do a a drift race series?? in november
because i would like to do a drift series. i wont mind setting up the rules and the maps

I think case has november...
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42
I-AM-SPAMMER (Lou's Elite!)

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:23 am

Having a 100% drift series will most likely leave out the majority of the club; however, setting up some scheduled drift races is a GREAT idea. I for one and not a drifter (never really seen the point even in real life), but I know that we have some member that really love it!
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sergantawesome Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:28 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:Having a 100% drift series will most likely leave out the majority of the club; however, setting up some scheduled drift races is a GREAT idea. I for one and not a drifter (never really seen the point even in real life), but I know that we have some member that really love it!
Drifting is much fun. i can make in my free hours some cars for it and think up the rules chose the maps etc. I would really like to do thias project
sergantawesome
sergantawesome
Senior Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:11 pm

I think it's a great idea for 1-off races, but as a month long series, I'm not sure this will work. There are several members that don't drift at all (me included) and don't have any desire to learn. I'd be willing to participate in the 1-off races, but I would not be interested in a month long drift series....
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sergantawesome Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:22 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:I think it's a great idea for 1-off races, but as a month long series, I'm not sure this will work. There are several members that don't drift at all (me included) and don't have any desire to learn. I'd be willing to participate in the 1-off races, but I would not be interested in a month long drift series....
well in my head it is for debate for normal drifting or GYMKHANA gymkhana is more for epic control drifts and normal for competive
sergantawesome
sergantawesome
Senior Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggLou55 Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:42 pm

Setup some one-off races for the club and lets see what the turn-out is like. While a handful of the member drift, the rest are more circuit and playground racing. As I said, I think it's a great idea for the 1-off races, but probably not for the monthly series.
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marmuttlebow Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:45 pm

I second the suggestion.

Set up a race. See how it goes.

While not frowned upon, it's not something I've seen regularly within this club. Not knocking it. Just not sure what the overall interest in this would be with the club.

Go on and set it up Awesome. See where it goes from there.
marmuttlebow
marmuttlebow
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:58 pm

I agree with lou, I think the majority of our club isn't really interested in drifting
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by Wa11y Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:13 pm

BiggLou55 wrote:Each week we have three official times that we run out series races. While you may run all of them during a given week, only ONE race will count. The official rule is that you must state your intent prior to the start of the qualifier whether this is you official run or not. Choose the session that works the best for you...

***NOTE: All times are in either EST (US Eastern Time or UTC/GMT -4 for DST and -5 w/o DST) or UTC/GMT (Universal/Greenwich Time or +0). British Summer Time (BST London) is UTC/GMT +1

Official Series Race Session:
  1. Wednesdays @ 21:00 UTC/GMT (17:00 EST) -WITHDRAWN-
  2. Wednesdays @ 21:30 EDT (01:30 UTC/GMT)
  3. Fridays @ 23:30 EDT (03:30 UTC/GMT)
  4. Sundays @ 15:30 EDT (19:30 UTC/GMT)

In the event there is a holiday, a race might be moved, so please keep and eye on the forums.

There may also be one or more make-up races done throughout a series. (there are no bonus points for hosting and there are no qualifiers or pole position)

In the even you experience a Xbox Kick or have to drop from a race for a family emergency, you will still be eligible to run in another official or make-up session....

Are races run on Sunday. I didn't see anyone last Sunday - just wondering. I won't be home tonight (FRI) and I'll be working this Sunday but next week should be OK.
Wa11y
Wa11y
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by xraydash Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:52 pm

I think Sundays are over. Only shin and sniper around from the usual core of racers so I didn't bother. Sim quit the club too. I feel bad for our lone S. African member but the Euros (minus nocturnal Frank) fizzled out and the N. Americans generally run Wednesday and Friday.

The bright side, as I told shin, is that there should be plenty of Horizon action on the weekends for the foreseeable future that he can join in on. Right?
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by beefsupreme42 Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:56 pm

xraydash wrote: Sim quit the club too.
Sad Sad I hope this doesn't happen for the rest of our members... I invited him to run a make up race on saturday afternoon and he didn't show... we actually only had 2 people in the club online at the time: me and shinn, so I didn't even bother to start it up. Do you think we should move the sunday race to saturday at the same time, or should we just scrap it?
beefsupreme42
beefsupreme42

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next