[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

should i get the Microsoft Wireless Racing Wheel?

3 posters

Go down

should i get the Microsoft Wireless Racing Wheel? Empty should i get the Microsoft Wireless Racing Wheel?

Post by U2SCDoli Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:43 pm

title says it. I'd really like to get a wheel but don't wanna spend $250 for a nice CSR. and being that the microsoft wheel has force feedback and is on ebay for like $50 bucks I'm really considering it. but before i went ahead and got one i figured i'd ask your guys' opinions. so, anyone here have one or used one?
U2SCDoli
U2SCDoli
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

should i get the Microsoft Wireless Racing Wheel? Empty Re: should i get the Microsoft Wireless Racing Wheel?

Post by Markve91 Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Had one before the CSR...It's pretty decent, the pedals take some getting used to, and if you plan on running man w/clutch you'll need to get used to using a button for the clutch along with the shifters in the back.
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

should i get the Microsoft Wireless Racing Wheel? Empty Re: should i get the Microsoft Wireless Racing Wheel?

Post by BiggLou55 Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:31 pm

I'm sending mine to Bob.... I didn't care for it personallay due to my carpel tunnel issues... There are those that swear by it... I love my CSR though... Very Happy

The good:
- It's accurate - Accurately transmits your movements to the game
- No Lag - There isn't any input lag
- It's small - a little larger than a std wireless controller, but nowhere close to the size of a wheel
- Triggers are MUCH more comfortable and nicer than the controller

The bad:
- No Shoulder Buttons - this gets VERY frustrating when trying to navigate menus... WTH was MS thinking here...
- No headset jack - You need to pick up the MS Wireless Headset w/ Bluetooth as well
- AXBY buttons are small
- Start and Back buttons are on the center hub and are nearly impossible to push while driving with out crashing or seriously messing up.
- You have to hold it up in front of you for the entire race!

If you can afford it and have the space, just get the Fanatec CSR Wheel and Pedal set... Wink Otherwise the MS Speed Wheel is a good alternative to the Controller, but you'll still need a controller handy to navigate, paint and tune...

My post was WAY off....

The only concern I'd have with a used MS Wheel is whether or not everything works.... I've heard a mixed bag of issues with used MS Wheels... They WILL break down over time... There are other, less expensive options to the CSR.... MadCatz and Thrustmaster make mid range alternatives to the CSR, but I'd say just save up and get the CSR. It's worth it...

Last edited by BiggLou55 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Markve91 Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:35 pm

Lou, I believe he is speaking of the old Microsoft wheel, not the wireless speed wheel. Although if he is speaking of the speed wheel, then take lou's advice and not mine!
Markve91
Markve91
I AM THE STIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by U2SCDoli Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:56 pm

what mark said. it's the one with pedals that actually attatches to things. hah, not the kinect-like wheel.

i may end up getting a CSR but that'll probably be for christmas, and with forza horizon coming soon and so much left on forza 4, i wanna ditch the controller and move up to a wheel as soon as possible
U2SCDoli
U2SCDoli
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down