[U2SC] Up 2 Speed Customs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drag Racing

3 posters

Go down

Drag Racing Empty Drag Racing

Post by BiggLou55 Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:40 pm

I discovered something by accident when doing this month's Community Monthly Class "The Regatta" drag challenge, where I posted a 0:00:15.751.

When at the line, DO NOT rev the engine during the countdown. Try and time a gentle and gradual press of the accelerator once the green light hits and throughout 1st gear. If you have first gear ratio (or final drive ratio for the sport tranny) set right, you should launch with zero wheel spin and w/o TCS. Make sure you are running in Mw/C for shifting, and do a quick throttle lift when shifting from 1st to 2nd. The throttle lift will eliminate wheel spin when entering 2nd gear. you can keep the throttle mashed through the rest of the gears.

As far as the tune goes, I reposted a collection from the FM4 forums in our tuning forum. That guide helped me out with Drag tuning as well.
BiggLou55
BiggLou55
Forum Admin

http://bg55.com

Back to top Go down

Drag Racing Empty Re: Drag Racing

Post by xraydash Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:09 pm

Thanks for the tip and congrats on your awesome time. I shot up the club leader boards last night and kinda figured out the same thing that you're talking about. I was max revving initially though and then quickly let up on the gas to get traction. I'm going to try your way and see if I can climb any higher.

Edit: Forgot to mention I didn't use TCS, which I normally would, just to see how well I'd do without it. I was quite pleased with myself for not having to rely on it like I did in last month's drag rival challenge.
xraydash
xraydash
Club Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Wa11y Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:31 pm

Thanks for the tip. I'll give that a try.
Wa11y
Wa11y
Century Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down